Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Chapter 46

Mistey’s POV
“So you’re coming up this weekend?” I had been speaking to Blaike for the last hour and a half and I had just remembered what Trinity had texted me earlier.
“Yeah, I’m flying in on Friday, and I guess Matt is going to let everyone come over for the weekend like we used too. How did Trin’s appointment go?”
“It went ok, she got that Mirena thing, figured it would be the easiest to deal with. I’m kinda thinking about going on the Pill.”
“What? Why would you do that? You don’t even have a boyfriend.”
“Well, that’s the thing…”

“WHAT!? Who? When? HOW? Does Blaze know? Does anyone else know? Details girl, DETAILS!”
“His name is Aiden, he’s almost 18, I met him almost a month ago, Blaze has no idea, and he asked me to be his girlfriend a week ago.”
“Wait, your BROTHER doesn’t know? Girl, that is gonna get ugly, and it’s gonna get ugly real quick.” I was about to reply when I noticed Blaze standing in my doorway with a murderous expression on his face.
“It just got ugly girl, I’ll call you later if I’m still alive.” I didn’t hear her reply as I snapped my phone closed and ushered my livid twin into my room, shutting the door behind him. I sat down on my bed and waited for him to explode, unfortunately I wasn’t waiting long.

“You have a boyfriend and you didn’t tell me? I know nothing about this kid! I don’t know if he’s good enough for you, you’ve only known him for a month, you’ve only been dating for a week and you’re already thinking about birth control? What the HELL are you thinking Mistey?”
“I was thinking that being on birth control would be a good idea, because I’m not saying that I’m going to sleep with Aiden, but we’re sixteen Matthias! It’s time to start thinking about that shit. Trinity only knew Mitch for a week before they started dating, they fucking went out TWICE, so don’t you dare stand there and berate me for making a choice that had nothing to do with you! You can’t run my life Matt; I have to be able to make my own decisions!” I got up and hugged him tightly, waiting for him to give and return the affection. I grinned in victory when his arms wrapped around me and squeezed,
“I know you can make your own choices, but you’re my baby sister, I’m supposed to protect you.” I pulled away and glared at him,
“You are TWO minutes older, how long are you going to hold that over my head?” He smirked and kissed my forehead,
“Forever.” He stated as he walked out the door, pausing in the hall and popping his head back in,

“I want to meet him.” I glared at him, nodding shortly and falling backwards on my bed. God dammit, this could be a problem.

Sarah’s POV

“SARAH RENEE MASON!” Shit, he found them. Shit shit shit. I thought I had gotten rid of them before school got out…
“Yeah Daddy?” I asked sweetly as I walked into the living room, smiling angelically at my father, who stood in the middle of the room holding a small silver packet. Fuck, I coulda sworn that I got rid of that after the school’s sex ed class a few months ago.
“What the hell is this Sarah Renee?”
“I swear to you, I haven’t had a chance to use and condoms dad, we had a sex ed class in school last year and I thought I had gotten rid of it.” A look of pure relief crossed his face, making me grin.
“Alright sweetheart, just…don’t scare me like that again ok?” I smiled and nodded, giving him a quick hug and running upstairs to my room. I pounced on my bed to pick up my ringing phone, grinning when Blaike’s name flashed across the screen.

“Sarah’s Crematorium, you kill em we grill em, how can I help you today?”
“You’ve lost your damn mind you know that?”
“Yes, I am aware thank you very much. So how’s life in the AZ chick?”
“It sucks so hard, it’s so fucking hot here. You remember when we were visiting my uncle in Chula Vista and we drove to Mexico for the day?”
“Yeah, we got to go to that little market and actually barter with people. Remember we got henna and my dad flipped because he thought Jake had actually signed for us to get tattoos? Haha that was awesome. Why?”
“It’s like 800 degrees hotter here!”
“No freaking way!”

“Yes freaking way. And the bugs. Not little bugs either, that would be too easy. No, these bugs are like as big as my face, and there’s snakes all over the place, my dad finally got to buy a gun so he could shoot the ones in the yard and shit. I hate it here soooo much Sarah!”
“Eww, oh my god. But you’re going to be coming up soon right? I mean, Trinity is off house arrest and even Evan isn’t grounded right now!”
“Haha that’s a damn miracle. Yeah, I’ll be up on Friday. I guess everyone is staying at Trinity’s house this weekend like we used to, I’m really excited.”
“Dude I know. It’s gonna be awesome, we haven’t all been together since school started. We all miss you.”
“Aw, I miss you guys too. It’s only a few more days and we’ll be back to making trouble.”
“Oh you know it. Well I gotta go, if I don’t start on dinner it’ll never get done and we’ll be eating Chinese take out again.”
“Haha ok girlie, I’ll talk to you later.”

Evan’s POV

I was digging around in the freezer for the ice cream that I knew my mom had stashed in here somewhere. Where the hell was it? I grinned in triumph when my fingers closed over the pint of half baked heaven; I pulled it out and grabbed a spoon, going back to sit in the living room to finish watching The Nightmare before Christmas. I love Tim Burton; the man is a complete genius. I was just watching the ending credit when my mom walked in front of the TV with her hands on her hips.

“Evan Jacob, I know you aren’t eating my ice cream.” I froze with the spoon halfway to my mouth.
“I’m not eating your ice cream; I’m eating MY ice cream. Possession is nine tenths of ownership you know.” She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest, I shot up and gave her the ice cream, smiling cheekily.
“I love you mommy.”

Trinity’s POV

Meet me at the park in 20 mins. Mitch had sent me that text fifteen minutes ago, and I was sitting on the swings waiting for him to show up, I knew he would be here any minute. He had been acting really weird for the last few days and I was sick of it. I jumped when the swing next to me was suddenly occupied; I looked over at my boyfriend. He looked at the ground, refusing to meet my eyes. I nudged his foot with my own, finally getting him to look at me,

“What the hell is up with you Mitch?” He looked frustrated; I knew he was racking his brain, trying to come up with something to say. What was he so worried about? His lack of communication was starting to scare me, whatever he was hiding couldn’t be that bad could it?
“Ya know how I’ve been applying to med schools?” I nodded slowly; I had helped him fill out some of the applications.
“Well I got accepted into a few.” I grinned and started to get up, but he held his hand up, motioning for me to sit back down.
“University of Washington is the only one where I can get a full ride scholarship. I accepted it, I start this September.”
“Washington? As in Washington State?” He nodded, once again fixing his gaze on the ground.

“So what does that mean for us?” He didn’t say anything, just kept staring at the ground. I felt my heart sink when he stayed silent. I sighed and got up, kissing his cheek gently.
“I guess I have my answer, I’ll see you around Mitch, we’re done. Good luck at school.” I made it home and managed to sneak past the girls to get too my room. Luckily the guys were at the studio so I didn’t have to sneak past them. I collapsed on the bed and buried my face in the pillow, letting the tears fall. I don’t know how long I was crying but the tears wouldn’t stop, all I could do was sob brokenly. I heard my bedroom door open and the side of my bed dipped down before I was pulled on to someone’s lap. I opened my eyes and stared at the tattoo decorated arms that were wrapped around me, realizing that it was my dad’s lap that I was seated in. I was silent now, tears still streaking down my face. I felt a kiss being pressed to the top of my head and his chest rose with a deep breath; I knew he was going to ask what was going on. I just didn’t want to answer the questions.

“Don’t ask daddy, I don’t want to talk about it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
She tells her dad what happened in the next chapter =] What do you think Matt's reaction is going to be?
SARABABY2009 gets the one shot, you can message me when you see this =]
6 comments before I start writing the next chapter, and 10 to post. I LOVE YOU ALL!

-Becka Vengeance