Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Revelations

Matt’s POV
I was up and out of bed, racing towards Trinity’s room before I fully realized what was going on. I met the other guys in the hall, and we all barged into her room, stopping short when we noticed she was still asleep. My heart broke when I saw that she was curled into a ball, whimpering and crying. I made all the other guys leave the room and sat on her bed, shaking her shoulder to wake her up. She jerked and cried out, sitting up and launching herself onto my lap when she saw me sitting next to her.

“Trinny, sweetheart, what happened?” She shook her head, not wanting to tell me.
“Baby girl, you gotta tell me. I can’t help if I don’t know what happened”
“Matt, I can’t tell you, you’ll hate me” she sobbed, I shook my head and pulled her closer, rocking back and forth, trying to calm her down.
“Sweetheart, you HAVE to tell me, I won’t hate, I couldn’t ever hate you, I promise.”

Trinity’s POV
He said he wouldn’t hate me. He promised he wouldn’t hate me. I sighed and began my story.

“Jennifer isn’t my real mom, my mom died when I was 10. Up until then, I had the perfect life. My mom was the most loving person on this planet, and I had the best dad anyone could ever ask for. Then she died. She died because some stupid fuck wouldn’t call a cab, or call a friend to take him home. His blood-alcohol content so was so high, he should have been passed out in the bar, or dead from alcohol poisoning. She was driving me home from ballet class, because I wanted to be a prima ballerina like every other ten year old girl. She let me sit in the front seat with her, because my dad wasn’t with us that day. We were going through an intersection, and I was babbling away about dance class, and she was listening to me, only half paying attention to the road. I saw the truck before she did, and I screamed at her to look out. The truck was going way too fast and she couldn’t react in time. I remember the impact, after that, nothing.” I paused and took a shaky breath, gathering my thoughts before continuing.

“I woke up in the hospital a week later. I was alone, except for the nurses and the doctor who came to check on me and tell me my mom was dead. Three days later my dad showed up to take me home. That’s when it started. Little things at first, making me do all the chores, moving my room down to the basement.” I felt Matt stiffen at that.

“Then he met her. They were only dating for three months when they got married, in a perfect fairytale wedding. I thought things would be ok after that, but they slowly and steadily got worse. A year later and they were full-fledged beatings. I was 13 when he raped me the first time. Every time he said it was my fault. And he was right, if I hadn’t gone to class that day, she would be alive and everything would be fine. I KILLED MY MOM!!” I screamed the last sentence, pure agony ripping through my body before I was roughly set on my feet and turned to face Matt.

“Trinity Rose Sanders, you listen to me. NONE of this is your fault. Your mom died because of some drunk asshole who couldn’t be bothered to call a cab. You were just a little girl sweetheart, you were practically a baby. Do you understand me?” I nodded weakly, and burst into tears again as he pulled me into his arms, rocking us back and forth and rubbing my back.
“Sh, it’s ok sugar.” He crooned, picking me up and laying us back down. He started softly singing ‘Dear God’ and I felt my eyelids getting heavy, then I was out.

Matt’s POV
I felt Trinity’s breathing even out and deepen. I looked down, and she was asleep, a peaceful look on her face as she curled into my side. I quickly untangled myself from her grip and padded from the room, going downstairs and grabbing a beer out of the fridge. Pausing, I grabbed four more and went to the living room, where I knew the guys would be. Passing them out, I took a huge drink of mine before smashing the bottle against the wall.

“HE FUCKING RAPED HER! HE RAPED HIS OWN GOD DAMN DAUGHTER!” I boomed before sitting down and holding my head in my hands. I felt like killing him. One of the guys laid their hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Brian.
“Go to the gym man, you need to get rid of this anger, or you’ll scare Trinity.”

I nodded and walked upstairs to change. Five minutes later and I was in my car, extremely thankful that I had a 24 hour gym. Two and half hours of beating a punching bag into oblivion, and I was on my way home. Pulling into my garage, I sat in the car, thinking about this father thing. As I thought about it, I realized that this was what I needed. After Val broke up with me, I had fallen into a depression, which was part of the reason the band had all taken separate vacations. Trinity gave me a reason to be happy, a reason to be something. This little 15 year old scrap of a girl had given me…hope.

Everything was going to be ok, I knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy mother of god, Thank You EVERYONE for your feedback, this chapter is dedicated to the wonderful Lynnie Vicious go check her shit out, its amazing

Now, I need girlfriends for Matt, Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny, so if you wanna be in the story, PM me with your info and the guy you want.
12 comments to the next chapter