Status: RIP Jimmy. You'll never be forgotten! - Updates are kind of slow...

Girls & Guns.

Chapter Six

Amber’s POV

An awkward silence filled the car. A while before I’d tried to cut the tension by turning on some music. Let’s just say, it hadn’t worked. Suddenly, “Jiz in my Pants” came through the speakers. The tension got even thicker, except on Jade’s side of the car. The little ass could barely keep her grin in check. I glanced at Johnny to see that his eyes had widened and he was staring ahead in discomfort. I looked between him and the road a couple times before I turned the music down. A few seconds later, after a couple more looks, I sighed and jabbed the music off. Johnny jumped a little in surprise. Jade just kept grinning like she’d won the lottery. She won the lottery once, you know. It was fifteen bucks, but she still technically won. Anyway, the silence was killing me and music was out of the question at that point. I was honestly getting tired of Johnny being afraid. We’re really not going to hurt him! “So…” I said it pretty quietly, but in the awkward silence surrounding us it seemed much louder and it got their attention. Johnny warily looked over while Jade leaned forward to look around him, both staring at me. “I- um.. I think we got off on the wrong foot.” Johnny made an appalled face and looked back and forth between Jade and I. “Let’s start over, shall we? I’m Amber Steelz, but most people know me as Cherry.” I pointed at Jade, “That’s-”

“And my name’s Jade Lawless.” After rudely interrupting me she stuck one of her hands out in Johnny’s direction and smiled at him cheekily. Johnny just stared at her like the crazy she was. Jade’s smile faded and she slowly retracted her hand.

Anyway,” I stressed, “What is your name?”

“I’m sure you already know my name.”

“Even so, introduce yourself for the sake of introductions… Please?” I looked at him with a pout and puppy dog eyes. Jade told me once that I’m too good at that. I don’t hear her complaining when it gets her something. … Johnny held up for a while before he caved. He was probably thinking about what he thought Jade would do to him if he didn’t do it.

“My names Johnny Seward,” he sighed. I grinned. Score one for me.

I saw Jade grab Johnny’s hand and start shaking it. “Well, Mr. Seward, I’m glad you decided to come with us.”

Johnny ripped his hand away and started yelling. “What do you mean ‘decided to come?’ You took me against my will!”

“That’s not how I remember it.”

“Oh, bullshit!”

“Nuh-uh!”

“Uh-huh!:

“Nuh-”

“Jade! Shut up! Just let it go… for everyone’s sake!” She turned around in her seat, turning her back toward us, as Johnny stuck out his tongue. I think he was actually starting to loosen up a bit. I guess Jade is good for something. She was pouting and eating one of her many comfort foods then. Chocolate stars. No one was going to sleep that night.

It had been a while and Jade had gotten over her “depression.“ We, as in Jade and I, were belting out to the song “Route Sixty-six” and guess what… We were driving along Route 66. Coincidence? I think not! Eventually we stopped at a small town in Nevada. We needed to get gas somewhere secluded so there was less chance that Johnny would successfully get away from us. I pulled up to the pump and shut off the truck. I looked to Jade with a meaningful glance before we both looked at Johnny. He had loosened up, but we still didn’t trust him enough to leave him alone. Sometimes it seems as if Jade has a sixth sense about what people are thinking. She stared at Johnny who had no idea what the hell we were staring at him for. She turned back to me looking confident. “Yeah, he’s building up and has a plan to make another run for it. But, he’s worried about where he would run to and who he’d find to help him.” I could tell she was making a complete guess about it, but she must have been pretty close because Johnny’s jaw was to the floor, figuratively of course. Before he could even say anything at all, Jade gave him a superior look. “I’m a psychic.” Then she struck a small pose.

Guess what I did… I rolled my eyes, again. Big shock, right? Not really. “Jade, stay in the truck with him. Don’t let him out!” I opened my door and climbed the long way down from the driver’s seat. Sometimes, it sucks to be short!

As I was getting gas, I kept an eye on Johnny and Jade, hoping she didn’t get distracted by anything and let him out of the truck.

Jade’s POV

I giggled as Cherry shut the driver’s side door. I slowly turned to Johnny, smiling one of my infamous crazed smiles. That’s what Amber calls them anyway. Johnny gave a little shudder. “There’s no fucking way that you’re psychic.”

I shrugged nonchalantly. “Wanna see a magic trick? It’s magic!”

He cautiously nodded, but didn’t say anything in reply. I started to look around for Cherry’s personalized Deathbat cards that I’d grabbed off her dresser before we left. She still didn’t know I had them. I began to get worried when I couldn’t find them where I thought I’d left them. Cherry would’ve killed me if I lost them…

Just then I heard the distinctive screech as the driver’s door opened. I gasped and lunged after him, hitting my head against the window. He had already jumped out and slammed the door. I frantically looked from the running Johnny to Cherry, who looked like she was afraid. I saw her mutter a curse before she forced a smile, giggled and took off after him.

“Johnny! That’s not fair! There’s no tag-backs allowed! Get back here!” She was laughing… It didn’t really make sense, until I noticed the group of teenagers and two older couples putting gas in their vehicles. “Jade, come help me catch him!” She glanced back at me. She still looked really worried… That’s when I figured it out, it was just so the people around wouldn’t get suspicious. I got out of the truck as quickly as possible and ran after them. Cherry had always hated running, so it didn’t surprise me at all when she let me pass by her to tackle him to the ground.

“Haha! I got you, Johnny!” I hauled him off the ground, keeping one hand clenched on his upper arm. Cherry finally caught up to us and proceeded to slap me on the back of my head. “Hey, what was that for?”

“You didn’t need to tackle him, dip shit!”

“What else did you expect me to do?”

“You could’ve cornered him somewhere!”

“Where, against a tree?”

“Well-”

“God, never mind! Let’s just go!” I really wanted to leave. I hoped those people weren’t suspicious of us… We walked back and got in the truck keeping a watchful eye and firm grip on Johnny.

Johnny’s POV

I should’ve known they’d catch me… The part that surprised me is that the people watching didn’t even try to stop them! I guess that was a pretty smart thing Cherry did. But that escape attempt doesn’t compare to a few hours before when I’d tried to jump out the passenger side window at a stoplight. Jade, the Jolly Green Giant, had her window down and I’d seen a window of opportunity, pun intended. She said she was dressed as a “Rock Lee” from some “Naruto,” but I still thought she looked like she’s- Oh, never mind. Like I care… Anyway, the gas station was my third attempt to escape. I’d rather not talk about the second…

Suddenly, a loud gasp came from the left of me. “Oh my jiz! Jade! We forgot about the wine coolers! Grab ‘em for me, will you?”

No!” The Green Giant wasn’t so Jolly anymore. “You’re driving! Plus, you’re still underage!” Whoa… She’s underage? How much underage?

“Oh, come on! It’s not like I’ve never done it before!”

“That’s because you took advantage of my sugar high! I was delusional!”

“Exactly! I couldn’t let you drive! Someone had to. And we‘re still alive, aren‘t we?”

“Ok, fine…” So, that was it? Not even three minutes of yelling and arguing and… That’s it! These chicks are crazy!

Jade turned around and reached into the backseat, pulling out a familiar pack of wine coolers. Something clicked in my mind just then… “Oh my God! You’re Jimmy’s ninja!” I was shocked beyond belief. Too bad Jimmy was unaware he’d been obsessing over a kidnapper all day, ninja or not…

“Really? Jimmy thinks I’m his ninja? Hehe!”

“Oh Jesus, big mistake. You should’ve worded that one different. Haven’t you figured at least that much out by now? You want to grab me one of them coolers? Help yourself to one if you like.” Cherry was pointing toward Jade’s lap where the wine coolers were sitting, forgotten now because of her thoughts of Jimmy.

I grabbed two of the wine coolers, figuring it could only improve the situation for myself. Before I handed one to Cherry, though, I asked, “Are you sure you should drink this?”

She gave one small laugh. “Probably not, but it’ll be fine, Johnny. I promise.” Something in her face when she looked to me and away from the road told me that I could trust her, at least about this. I opened the bottle and handed the wine cooler to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, sorry, sorry!
It took forever to get an update out, I know!
It's my (Amber's) fault!!
We had the actual chapter written out in our Super Duper Notebook,
it just took me forever to post it... :(
So, yeah... Sorry!