Death and Associates

The Office

Dany Hell scanned the room, her two colleagues fidgeted restlessly in their seats.

THIS IS BORING. No she wasn’t yelling this is just how she talked.
“Well, go collecting or something, if you’re so damn bored.” Grotesque answered hotly.
ASSHOLE. She hissed angrily and stormed out the door.
“You shouldn’t have done that.” Grim said quietly as she finished the last stitch in Dany’s cowl.
Grotesque rolled his eyes, “I don’t even know why you’re sewing that, she never wears it.”
“Because I wear it… sometimes.”
As he stood up, he groaned in pain, “Why do they fight back?”
Grim quickly got up to rub his back, “Because they don’t understand.”
He tried to walk to the door, “I have to tell her sorry…”
“She knows, she always does… She’ll be back soon.”
He made it to a chair and collapsed, “No…” He said weakly as he passed out.

Three minutes later, and right on time. Dany stumbled through the door, BED… FUCK, FUCK… FUCK!

She stopped her staggered march only to pick up Grotesque’s unconscious body. She made it to her bed and gently laid him down. She mouthed the words, ‘I love you.’ as she lay down beside him.

Grim sighed and got a purple corset vest out to sew. That’s what Dany wore, always.

Grotesque opened one eye and looked around. Something was wrong. He was in the right room and he felt Dany laying on him. Those were right, but what was wrong?
Then it hit him.
He wasn’t naked. Dany didn’t undress him.
Shit.

He gently shook her, “Dany. Babe, wake up, touch me. Flesh to flesh. Baby, please.”
“No…”
“Dany!”

She wasn’t speaking into his mind; she’d said it out loud. She rolled away from him.

He quickly got on top of her, “Babe, you have to touch me. Place your hands on my face… something!”

She groaned and hid her hands behind her back. He was starting to panic.

She couldn’t do this to him, not after this long, not after everything they’ve been through, “Dany! Fucking touch me! NOW!!”

She opened her eyes and shook her head. She smiled slightly as her eyes slipped shut.

He screamed, “No!” He crashed his lips to hers in a last ditch effort. Every thought he’d ever had of her, every feeling, and every urge he’d ever had around her, slipped into that kiss. Then the familiar feeling of being in a whirlwind, his energy trickling and gushing, and then it was over.

He pulled away from her, “Dany?”
GO TO SLEEP. WE’LL TALK IN THE MORNING.
“It is the morning.” He said it quietly as he lay down beside her.
I LOVE YOU, YOU KNOW THIS. BUT I’VE NEVER TOLD YOU. AND THAT KISS TOLD ME EVERYTHING YOU FEEL FOR ME… AND I’M SORRY. I WASN’T TRYING TO BETRAY YOU, I WAS TIRED, SO TIRED OF EVERYTHING I DO… SO TIRED OF EVERYTHING. I’M SORRY.
“I… I understand, but I need you. I love you. It’s okay, we’ll get through it.” He wrapped his arms around her.