Status: Hold.

The Wal-Mart List

Condoms

At 1:50 the door bell rang. I rushed down the stairs and to the front door. I looked through the peephole that was on the door and saw someone’s familiar brown hair and figure, standing on my porch with their back turned away from the door. Why was he here to early? I sighed and opened the door then quickly grabbed a hold of Matthew’s red hoodie and jumped on his back. He stumbled a bit but didn’t lose his balance. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my legs and went inside.

“Well, hello to you too.” he said. I smiled and just moved my head around on his shoulder meaning I was saying hello. He chuckled and started walking up the stairs and into my room. My parents didn’t care about boys in my bedroom, as long as I was being safe and not getting knocked up, they were teenagers once too, in some parallel universe.

“what are you doing here? I thought we were meeting at Wal-Mart.” I asked. My head was still lying on his shoulder. He shrugged his shoulders, and my head went up and I let it stay up because I was to lazy to lay it back down. He opened my white door and walked into my room.

Matthew fell onto my bed with me still on his back. I let go and rolled off the bed, I landed on my ass and let out a sigh, Matthew started to chuckle. He put him self in the position so he was laying vertically across my bed and his head was poking out towards me. I looked at him then yawned. I didn’t get much sleep since I was up on the computer typing up a English project until 3 am. He started to chuckle again and this time he fell off the bed. He wasn’t so lucky to fall on his ass but fell on his left arm instead. He let out a groan because the hard wood wasn’t a soft place to land when you’re falling. He stuck out his lip into a pout and I started to laugh, which made his lip go out further and I just playfully pushed him a little.

“Are you ready to go? We should leave before I get anymore hurt.” he stood up then offered his hand, I took it and he pulled me up. I grabbed my white cardigan and put it on. I checked myself in the mirror. I was wearing black jeans with a black v-neck T-shirt that had pink shoes in the middle and the laces made a heart at the top. I ruffled my already straight black hair a bit. I checked my eyes and they already had a thin layer of eyeliner on them with some mascara on them as well . I slipped on my black plaid shoes, walked out of my bedroom door and down the stairs into the foyer. I picked up my keys and my wallet from the key rack, and headed outside.

I shielded my eyes against the rays from the sun. I decided to not bring any sunglasses because I would be inside all day but now I was reconsidering that thought. I walked to my car door and opened the drivers door. I looked at my house to see if Matthew was coming. I sat down and honked my horn, that will sure get his attention. After a couple minutes Matthew finally opened my front door and came to my car, he opened the door and sat down.

“we could of took in my car, you know.” he said after he put his seat belt on. I put my car in reverse and looked in my mirror. I saw that a white car was coming and I waited for it to pass.

“I know, but I like my car better.” I grinned to myself. Matthew rolled his eyes and I backed out of my driveway. I put the car in drive and pushed down the gas petal, making the car go forward. I turned the radio on and Love Game by Lady Gaga started to play through the speakers.

“Let’s have some fun this beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick.”
I shuddered at those opening lines then quickly change the radio station. that song was way to over played.

“I Said Maybe, I said maybe,
your gonna be the one that saves me that saves me.
Because after all you’re my wonder wall.”
Matthew made a fist, put it to his mouth and started to sing a long with oasis. I looked at him up and down trying to figure out if he was for real and actually singing this song. I knew the words to this song too, don’t get me wrong it’s a good song but I would never be caught dead singing this song, since it‘s so old. Matthew started to make hand gestures and he was using a high pitched voice, even if the person singing this song is a guy. I started to laugh but kept focused of the road.

“Sophie, solo!” he yelled. I shook my head no and continued to laugh.

“come on.” he whined. I chuckled one more time and I started to sing too. I pulled into the parking lot and stopped singing but Matthew was still singing. I parked into a spot that was the closest to the entrance, and got out of the car.

“I said maybe, I said maybe,
Your going to be the one that saves me, that saves me.
Because after all,
Sophie Harrison is my wonder wall!" Matthew shouted on the top of his lungs. People stopped and stared at him. This elderly person stopped and shook her head at him. I chuckled and walked over to him. He offered his arm and I laced my arm around his. We walked to the entrance of Wal-Mart. I stopped and looked at the sign when we got to the entrance. I didn’t know why but this time when looked at it, it was like looking at it for the first time, as if I have never seen it before and it was my first time. The background blue looked so pretty and really made the white just, pop. My favorite part of the sign was the dash between wal and martit wasn’t a dash, but a star. I smiled up to the sign, I really didn’t understand it but it made me feel save, like I was at home.

“are you coming?” Matthew asked. He took the list out of his pocket and waved it around. I sighed, it was now or never. I rather do it now then having to hear Matthew for the rest of my life saying how much he wanted to do this list and how I was such a whimp for not doing it. I grabbed the list from his hand and unfolded it and read the first thing on thelist

1. Get 24 Condoms and randomly put them in people’s carts when they aren’t looking

I looked at Matthew and he grinned at me, while I just sighed at him. folded the piece of paper back up and stuffed it in my pocket.

“Lets have some fun, this beat is sick. Lets get some condoms that go over dicks. We will put them into peoples carts, and maybe that will warm their hearts.” he sang a little remix of the song Love Game. I chuckled and we went to the health aisle in search for condoms. Since Matthew was the guy I assumed he knew where to find them. We kept going up and down aisle, looking for condoms.

“You know where they are, right?” I asked him. He didn’t answer back but kept looking for them. He knew I would accuse him of still being a virgin if he said he didn’t know, and he was right, I would have but right now I didn’t care if he was or wasn’t a virgin.

“do you?” I asked again. He looked at me up and down then went back to looking at the items on the shelf hoping he would find some.

“Why don’t we ask for help?” Matthew suggested pointing to the guy walking up the aisle we were in. I shook my head no. he shot me a confusing look.

“that’s embarrassing.” I looked away. Looking for condoms means your going to have sex, and people knowing about that is just… Weird.

“I’ll do the talking them.” he put his arm around my shoulders and I felt my shoulders tense. He lead me to the guy and instead of looking into the guys face, I looked at all the different stuff on the shelves and never on the guy.

“excuse me, do you know where I can find the condoms?” Matthew asked in a casually way. I felt my face going red. There was Advil, Mortrin, and Tylenol. I picked up a Advil bottle and pretended to examined it.

“aisle over, on the right hand side.” he winked. I felt my cherry tomato red face get even redder. Matthew thanked the man and then lead me to the next aisle with his arm still around me. Once we got to the next aisle he dropped his arm. I felt my shoulders relax, I was sad he took his arm off my shoulders. Matthew found the condoms and grabbed 5 boxes. I grabbed 5 and we decided to get the last 14 later. I looked at Matthew, I was having second thoughts about this. I opened my mouth to speck but he did a reassuring nod and smiled at me. I closed my mouth and smiled back. We got out of the aisle and went to go find our first victim. We walked past the aisle that employee guy was in.

“Whoa, slow down children or you might get a STD.” he said. My face started to heat up and Matthew just laughed. I tried to laugh but my face heated up more and Matthew just laughed more. Looks like we got off to a great start, anymore blushing and my face will permanently red, that would be just my luck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.