Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Broken

Image

That's why I'm doing this! I care about my family's happiness rather than my daughters love life!

No...

Would you really choose him over your mom?

Maybe...

Honey I love you, but sometimes I wish I was up there with him!

Don't leave...

Rory, I love you...marry me?

Yes...

Rory...Rory...Rory...

So many voices in my head they wont shut up. I can't tell what was real and what wasn't. And why the hell is it so dark? Am I awake? Am I alive? Who's shaking me? Who's tear drops were on my arm? Is someone touching my leg?

"Rory...please wake up. For me?"

That was Eddie! Eddie's here but where is here? I need to find him. If I keep moving forward then I should be alright. There! See that pin prick of light? If I move to that then I'll be out of the darkness. Unless it's the tunnel to my death. Either way I wont be lost anymore right?

Before I could even get two more feet I was rushed back to reality. I woke up with a large gasp and sat straight up knocking into someones jaw. Crap! Eddie!

"Oh no! Eddie I am so so sorry. Please forgive me! I didn't mean to-" cut off by one his amazing mind blowing kisses that could cause me to pass out again.

He pulled away too soon and hugged me tight. I looked around and saw Emma and Anthony. They looked shaken and relieved at the same time. I looked around at my kitchen and saw a broken glass of apple juice, DAMN! And I heard a beep of the microwave. My hot pocket was surly cold by now...

Then I remember talking to Emma's dad. That prick... How can Emma put up with him?! I think Eddie thought I was glaring at him cos he let me go...and I was suddenly cold. He stood up and offered me his hand and greatly took it. I pulled him to me for another hug then sighed. His scent always calmed me down...always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Rory? Hey Rory where's you go?" A 10 year old Eddie shouted at me.

We were playing hide and seek when I stumbled into a beehive. They all started to swarm around me and their stingers stung. I was shouting and crying and shrieking for Eddie's help. The problem was he didn't know where I was.

It was 2 minuets later when he came jumping in to save 9 year old me. He was swinging a branch around and was getting stung too. Eventually he ran over me and covered me as best he could. The bees kept swarming and I thought we were gonna die. I was lucky that none of us were allergic to bee stings.

Eddie picked me up and flung me over his back in a piggy back style and took off. He ran and ran and ran. We finally came to a small stream and he set me down. I immediately began crying. I hurt so bad, and I had hurt Eddie too. He brought me over and began to pluck the stingers out of me and wet them. After I was all 'fixed' up he brought me close and hugged me.

I remember the scent and the way I felt so protected in his arms. I calmed down and helped get the stingers out of him and then we walked back to camp.

~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess they noticed I stared of into space. Anthony began snapping his fingers at me. I grabbed them and pushed them out of my face. Emma was rubbing my back and I glanced at Eddie still hugging me.

"Rory. What happened?" Emma asked me.

"Mr...uh nothing... I just passed out." I lied

"Bull shit." Eddie whispered in my ear.

"Emma's dad came in my house and startled me...that's all." I lied again.

"Tell us the truth!" Anthony demanded.

"HE THREATENED THAT IF I DON'T GIVE UP EDDIE THEN HE'D PUT MY MOM AND ME IN THE STREETS!" I finally shouted. "He came in and spewed at me about how he wants his family happy over his daughters love life. He said Eddie would outgrow me and I was nothing special...he-he knows about the plan to run away." I gushed and began crying.

"How could he do that..." Emma seethed.

"Rory...you are special. I could never outgrow you." Eddie said stroking my hair.

"We have to leave soon if he knows about the plan..." Anthony said.

"I CAN'T LEAVE MY MOM!" I shouted. "She already lost Papa and I don't want her to lose me too!" I screamed.

I felt Eddie tense and hold me closer. I knew that had hurt but it was true.

"But I can't live without you..." Eddie whispered.

"OK OK, new plan. Eddie and I will agree to marry. We'll go back home and Shaun can come down and help get everyone to a location, we'll bring your mom too and and..." Emma was lost, she was just saying things.

I felt horrible. Like I was stabbing them all in the back. And then my cell rang.

I am outside
And I've been waiting for the sun
With my wide eyes
I've seen worlds that don't belong
My mouth is dry with words I cannot verbalize
Tell me why we live like this


"He-hello?"

"Is this miss Rory Ska?" a gruff male voice asked.

"Yeah, who's this?" I asked scared.

"I'm Dr. Midland calling from Lock Haven Hospital. You're mother's here. She had a heart attack. We don't know if she'll be alright..." He cut off at the end.

I hung up and ran for Eddie's car. I got to the door realizing I didn't have the keys...

"Eddie! Please, drive me to he hospital. I need to be there NOW!" I screamed.

He rushed over and jumped in opening the passengers side for me. Even in a crisis situation he's still a gentleman. He told Emma and Anthony to get everyone and come back here after they got Shaun from the airport. Then we were off. Eddie had gotten us to the 30 minuet away hospital in 10 minuets.

"Hi I'm Rory Ska... My mother's here. Dawn Ska. I need to see her now!"

"She's in room 1307." The lady said in a bored tone. Bitch

When I opened the door Eddie came in squeezing my hand in reassurance. My mom was in the bed her heart rate going slow. Beep..........beep..........beep. I knew I didn't have a lot of time.

"Mama..." I whispered. She opened her eyes and smiled at me. Her eyes twinkling.

"Rory. Oh baby hi. I'm glad you got here before I go. This letter is for you. It has my will in it too so keep it safe." she smiled.

"Mama, don't talk like that. You'll be fine. Grandma survived her first 2..." I choked.

"Baby, grandma was a fighter. I just go with the flow." she laughed and coughed.

"NO! No you taught me how to be a fighter, so you're a fighter too." and the tears came.

"Honey, don't cry for me. I want to go with your smile being the last thing I see. And I taught you to be a fighter that can go with the flow." She said taking my free hand in hers.

"But I'll be lonely without you." I whispered.

"Rory Hannah Lynn Ska...who is this?" she smiled up at Eddie.

"This is my boy...friend Eddie." I blushed a little.

"Boyfriend! Oh sweetie that's wonderful! You found him again!" she smiled.

"What do you mean mom..." I asked in a whisper.

"He is your friend from camp right?" She laughed.

How she knew that was beyond me. I stared at her and saw so much happiness in her eyes. Happiness I hadn't seen in months. But on her deathbed, here she was. Laughing and smiling like a fool. Like back when Papa was alive.

"Listen dear. I love seeing you happy. And you can be happy even after I'm gone. I'll watch over you with Papa and we'll make sure you're safe. Just promise me you'll do everything in your power to make yourself happy." She said sternly.

"I will. But you have to be alive for that!" I cried.

"Edward. Please let Rory be happy no matter what. Your guys' love is strong. Stronger than Mr. whats-his-ass. Do what it takes to win. Fight for what's right." She said with a small fist in the air.

"I promise." he said it so truly.

Again with her knowing about the plan. Everyone's plan. Even the vicious step-dad's plan. My mother was so smart. I needed her, I really do but I knew that I couldn't be selfish. I had to let her go back to papa...he needed her too.

"I love you mama...tell papa I love him too. Bye bye." I said and smiled through my tears.

"Thank you sweetie. We'll always be with you." she said and laid back down to rest.

Her eyes closed slowly and then a quiet beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep kept ringing. Nurses came flooding in and I grabbed the letter and left with Eddie. Once we were outside I fell to my knees and bawled into Eddie's chest. I clutched his shirt for dear life as he rocked me back and forth. My body lurched forward and I kept crying. People stared and pointed. I didn't care. My mom was gone. And now all I have is Eddie. I couldn't-wouldn't let him go. Not without me right by his side.

Keep me safe inside
Your arms like towers
Tower over me


"Eddie...I'll go with you. I'll be with you. Forever." I whispered into his ear.

Yeah
Cause we are broken
What must we do to restore
Our innocence
And oh, the promise we adored
Give us life again cause we just wanna be whole
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone is happy...I FINALLY updated...sorry about the delay.
Thoughts?
Comments?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\