Status: I'm writing as much as I can.

Ashley

I'm Left Dying Here

I walked outside, sighing at how hot it was. So far Vegas just wasn't my thing. It was too hot, to deserty. Which, yeah, I get. Vegas is a desert, but damn I can only take so much. But I suppose it is my fault that I was forced to come out here with Robert.

The Robert part I don't mind, really. It's Craig. Ugh. That name alone makes me cringe. ... alright, fine that's one of the biggest lies I've ever told. Who could cringe at that? God, those gorgeous brown eyes. And he really is sweet. But this is killing me, and I can't do it. We're supposed to hate each other. I can't do that when we're practically soulmates. Obviously he doesn't see it that way.

You know, I never should've stayed.

"Ash!?"

"Mmmmph?" I mumbled into my pillow.

"Wakey, wakey." I got a little nudge, and the a bigger one when I refused to wake up.

"Fuck, Ash, just get up so he'll stop being so damn annoying," Max reasoned.

I gave Craig the finger and laid my head back down on the bus' couch. Soon I was being sat on by the very same Craig.

"Craig! Get the fuck off me!"

"Hey, do you hear anything, Mont? Like, I think I do, but then I listen real hard, and ... nothing."

"That's a sure sign of needing a psychoanalysis. And most likely some therapy, if I know you like I think I know you," I murmured.

Craig looked down at me. "Excuse me?"

"We all know that you heard me, Craig."

Max and Monte exchanged looks. Scared ones.

But it got Craig to stop sitting on me. Or so I thought.

He picked me up with one arm and threw me over his shoulder. All the while I was screaming "put me down".

Robert stumbled out from his bunk wearing only boxers and a dazed look. "What the shit are you doing to her?"

"Nothing," Craig replied as I squealed, "Put me down!" one last time.

Robert turned around and went to get dressed. "God, I hate tours."

Craig put me down but held onto my upper arm. His face was so close to mine, I could feel his warm breath. And when I thought he was in near range, he moved closer. My heart raced at the thought that he would kiss me, but he turned to my ear and barely muttered, "Stop overreacting." My heart was pounding; all I could do was nod. And then he was gone, back to the couch.

I just stood there until Robert came back, then I went and sat on the floor in between Max's legs. He started running his fingers through my hair.

"God, Ash. Are you gonna suck his dick next?"

"No, Craig, no I'm not. I don't do that."

"Sure you don't."

I turned away from the rerun of Friends that was on TV. "Craig?"

"Yo?"

"Fuck you," I said, then got up and went back to Rob's bunk.

I could've done the things I believed were wrong.

Craig's POV
"What is your problem?" Max asked me.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? You've been an asshole to her ever since she got to Vegas three months ago. What gives?"

"Nothing."

"Then act like it."

"Jesus, man, you're not my father. Chill, I'm just messin' with her."

"Well she doesn't see it that way."

"Fine." I got up and went to find the only hot babe on the bus. "Aaaaaash-ley."

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Hostile much?" I asked, yanking back the curtain of her brother's bunk.

"Gee, I guess when certain assholes piss me off, I act angry. Hmmmm."

"Wow, there's a comedian in here."

"Go away."

"I came to apologize."

"Sure you did."

"I really did. Ash, I'm sorry that I've been a dick to you. I'm just messing around with you. It's part of touring; we all fuck with each other. If you want me to stop, I'll stop."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well ... like ... you don't have to stop completely, just chill, okay? I know you see me as one of the dudes, but I am a chick."

"I noticed."

She smiled a gorgeous smile and looked away from me.

"Sorry."

"It's nothing."

"So," I tried to change the subject, "what do you say we go back out there and get along?"

"Alright."

I extended my hand to help her out of the bunk. She looked at me skeptically, then decided on taking it.