Status: THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS! Like the new layout? ;]

Going Alone

o28.

“What?” I groaned into the phone.

“Go out with me?”

“Alex!” I snapped, looking at the clock, “It’s fucking 4 in the morning.”

“Go out with me?” He asked again.

“No. Goodbye.”

----------------

I picked up my ringing phone, “Alex, I’m not going out with you.”

“Hello to you too.” He laughed.

“I’m busy. I’m driving to work.”

“You’re already working?” He asked.

I switched the phone to my right ear while changing lanes, “Yes. I need the money.”

“You should take it easy.”

I sighed, “I have to go, bye.”

I hopped out of my car and quickly locked it. I slipped the two inch heels onto my feet as I limped towards the door. The building was a normal business building, beige cement walls with lots of windows. The sign above it read ‘Marky Marketing’ and I looked back down at the address. Great, I’m a secretary for a marketing office. I leaned my whole body weight into the glass door, the outside wind messing up my hair.

“Hi, are you Mae?” A short man with grey hair asked.

“Yes.” I smiled, straightening out my pencil skirt.

“Just in time.” He smiled, “Let me show you around.”

-----------------------

“Marky Marketing, how can I help you?” I asked into the phone.

“Yes, I’d like to speak to Mae?” The obviously fake voice asked.

“This is her…”

“Mae!” Jack yelled, “You sound so professional.”

“Jack, I can’t take personal calls.” I scolded quietly, “It’s my first day.”

“Ugh, fine, but after work, meet me at my house.”

“I don’t know the address.”

“523 Maple Street, okay? Bye!”

-----------------------

His house was small. I don’t know how him and Alex could live there, let alone have me and my baby live there. It was a single story rancher with light blue siding and white trim. It was a cute home, but totally didn’t fit their personalities. I walked up the stone steps, my feet hurting immensely, and knocked on the door. It swung open within 10 seconds.

“Mae!” Jack shouted, engulfing me in a hug.

“Jack. I just saw you yesterday.”

“I know, but that’s 86,400 seconds!”

“…Okay.”

“Come in!” He ignored me and ushered me in.

The inside looked completely different from the outside. There was beige carpet with black leather couched and a huge plasma TV. There were many game consoles with their controllers sprawled out and games were everywhere. I danced around the dirty clothes on the floor and to the couch.

“How was your first day?”

“Good.” I nodded, “Long though, I worked 9-5.”

“Wow, you’re a typical working girl now!” Jack smiled.

“I know.” I smiled back, happy that I have a job here.

“How’s being a secretary?”

“I don’t know, I’ve just been one for a day.” I shrugged.

Alex walked in, sticking his hand in a jar of peanut butter. He scooped up a handful of chunky peanut butter and shoved it all into his mouth. His eyes slowly slid shut as he swished the thick substance in around his mouth. I laughed, but quickly held my hand in front of my mouth, trying to stifle the laughter. Alex’s eyes snapped open to the sound of my laughter and he swallowed the peanut butter.

“What?”

“You looked like you were having an orgasm.”

“Shut up!” Alex defended, “Peanut butter is good!”

“Right, anyways.” I rolled my eyes.

“Why are you here?” He asked, “It’s not like I don’t want you here, I just want to know.”

“I don’t know, why am I here?” I asked, turning to Jack.

“I just missed her.” He shrugged, not meeting Alex’s eyes.

Alex’s face hardened and glared at Jack. He turned to look at me and quickly shoved more peanut butter in his mouth and quickly walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooooo! Drama-rama.

Um, I know, I suck at updating. How long has it been? Two days? Well, sorry. But I have a break soon, so I'll update more. I think I'm starting to get some writer's block. :/