Status: active

War

Straighten Up Little Soldier

"It's gonna be alright, Jess," Scott Marks whispered to the little girl in his arms. Tears streamed down her face as he held her. Jessa was Scott's life. He had looked after her her entire life, and he couldn't stand to see her cry.

Scott was what most would call tall, dark, and handsome. He was tall, standing at 6 foot 5, his skin was a dark tan color, and his normally shaggy black hair was in a buzz cut. It was odd to see even a few tears stream down such a big man's face.

"Don't make me go Daddy," Jessa sobbed. Scott rubbed her back and made soothing sounds.

"I don't want to, princess, but I have to. I'll come get you soon okay?" he cooed. She sniffled and nodded.

Jessa looked almost exactly like Scott. She had the same nose, the same cheekbones, everything. Except for one thing. Her eyes. She got the shocking blue color from her mother.

"I wuv you Daddy," she whispered.

"I love you too Princess. I'll call you tonight." he set her down and knelt in front of her. A fresh batch of tears were threatening to fall down her face.

"Hey, none of that," Scott said, frowning. "Straighten up. Stiffen that upper lip up, little soldier."

Jessa obeyed and saluted him the way he taught her. "Sir, yes, sir!" Scott laughed.

"At ease soldier," he said in his army voice. She threw her arms around him once more.

"Flight number 3679 to Port Angeles is now boarding at gate C4." the intercom announced.

"Okay, princess, it's time for you to go now," Scott said, unlocking his daughter's arms from around his neck. He reached up and unhooked the dog tags that were hanging from around his neck. He slipped it over her head.

"Now you be good for Uncle Sam and Auntie Em, you hear?" he ordered. Jessa nodded and he wrapped his arms around her.

A flight attendant walked up and smiled. "Mr. Everdeen? It's time for Jessa to board now."

Scott sighed and looked at her.

"I'll talk to you tonight, kay princess?" Jessa nodded and kissed him.

"Wuv you Daddy," she said.

"Love you too baby girl." the woman grabbed Jessa's hand led her to the tunnel. Jessa looked back and waved, turning away just in time to miss the tear that ran down her father's face.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Paul isn't in it yet, but he will be.
Comment please!!