Status: active

War

Uncle Sam

I cried for almost half the plane ride. I missed my Daddy. I've never been away from him for more than two days.

The only reason I had stopped crying was because the nice flight attendant lady distracted me by playing go fish. We only played for half an hour before I fell asleep. Crying takes a lot of energy.

When I woke up, it was because of the attendant lady.

"Jessa, it's time to get up, we just landed," she said in her high-pitched voice. It was pretty annoying.

She grabbed my bag and I got up, following her off the plane. As soon as we stepped into the airport, I was engulfed in a huge crowd of people. Fear gripped me as I looked around for the lady. I couldn't find her anywhere.

"Jessa!" I looked around and saw a huge man standing above me. I recognized him as Uncle Sam. I rushed over to him and attached myself to his leg. He laughed and picked me up.

"Where's the lady who's supposed to be taking care of you?" Uncle Sam asked. He looked a little upset. I shrugged.

"I wost her," I said Uncle Sam frowned.

"There you are Jessa! You really shouldn't wonder off like that." the lady was walking toward us looking very upset.

"Excuse you!" Uncle Sam said. "She didn't wonder off, she was standing n one place looking for you, the person that walked off without her!"

The lady looked shocked.

"Well maybe if the little brat hadn't kept me up all night with her crying, I wouldn't have forgotten about her!" the lady half screeched.

"Her father just left for war! Of course she's going to be upset!" Uncle Sam grabbed my bags and stormed away. I reached up and pulled on his ear. He looked down and laughed.
"Sorry about that baby doll. It's nice to see you again."

I smiled and kissed his cheek before I rested my head on his shoulder-which was extremely warm like Daddy's- and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I'll have the next chapter up ASAP
Comments?