Cold As You

two.

After Sidney gave me the play by play of Game Seven, including how he felt about not playing the second half of the game due to getting hit pretty brutally- we decided to head over to Jordan's place. By then it was around eight and though I was sure the boys had done their fair share of partying the night before, I knew for them the party wasn't going to end until the puck dropped next season.

"Max is having a party tomorrow night too, and as my best friend I fully expect you to be there," Sidney told me on the ride over. I laughed and adjusted my red top.

"If I must," I said sarcastically with a roll of my dark eyes. Sidney smiled and grabbed my hand briefly- giving it a squeeze before letting go- from over the center consol.

By now you might have guessed it: I had a crush on Sidney Crosby. And I'm sure it was fairly obvious to everyone in the world except for him. I guess it was sort of pathetic that I fell under the oh so typical "best-friend-has-crush-on-other- best-friend-and-it's-totally-unrequited" thing but I couldn't help it. I mean really, I've known the boy since he was eight and awkward, and now he was 21 and gorgeous. It was impossible not to fall for him. I guess to add to the pathetic-ness of the situation though, I wasn't the only one who wished he would end up with me- I was joined by thousands of other girls as well.

As we pulled up to Jordan Staal's apartment building Sidney quickly looked over at me and smiled so widely I thought his face was going to fall off. I laughed lightly at his expression.

"What?" I asked through my laughter.

"I'm just so happy," he answered. I smiled as well as he turned around and exited his Land Rover. He walked over to my door and opened it for me, holding out his hand to help me out of the car as well. After I adjusted my skirt, we both walked into the apartment building side by side, staying that way until we actually walked through to doors of Jordan's bachelor pad.

"Crosbitch!" Max Talbot called out loudly, clapping a hand over his friend's back as he got close. "Evangeline!" He squeaked even louder, wrapping his arms around me and causing some of the contents of his cup to spill on the ground. I laughed loudly and snaked my own arms around him.

"Hey Maxie," I smiled. "Way to score both goals last night."

"What can I say? I'm probably the best player on the team. But you already knew that," he said, nudging me with his elbow and winking. I laughed along with him and then went around saying hello and congratulating the rest of the team.

The night went as followed- everyone drank far more than they should have and ended up getting pretty drunk, thus making complete fools of themselves. Which was quite a sight to see if I do say so myself. I stayed sober, only having two drinks and Sidney didn't drink at all (he was driving me home after all). Surprisingly though, I didn't see much of him during the night.

"God, you should have been there Evie!" Jordan drunkenly slurred. "It was fucking crazy!" He added, scratching his beard that he had yet to shave. I found it comical Sidney was nearly two years older than Jordan but still wasn't able to grow more facial hair than the young blonde.

"Sid wouldn't stop talking about you after we won," Max added as he rolled his eyes. "He wanted you to be there, blah blah blah. We all know he totally just wanted to fuck you," he said, dragging out each letter in the word "totally".

I tried not to let my eyes go too wide at his statement. I glanced over to the other side of the room where Sidney was talking with Marc-Andre and swallowed nervously. I then turned back to the boys I was sitting with- all of which were smirking devilishly.

It was exactly new of them to mention Sidney and I getting together. In fact, it was one of their favorite things to tease him about (apart from his "huge ass" as Max had so eloquently put it once). For some reason though, I felt weird about them saying things like this now. It all just seemed odder than usual.

"Okay Max," I said, forcing a smile.

"Oh come on, Sid needs to get laid after the big win. Just do it, we know you won't mind at all," Jordan winked. I tried to control the flow of blood that was rushing to my cheeks but achieved no such luck. Thankfully, they were still pounding back drinks and the chances of them remembering this conversation were dwindling. In saying that, it was no less awkward as they continued on with their tirade.

"Jord-" I began, only to be cut off my Max Talbot's big mouth.

"Just do it Evan!" He yelled.

"Hey Sid!" Tyler Kennedy yelled over to the team captain. Sidney looked over in our direction and I felt the now familiar feeling of a blush finding its way onto my pale my cheeks. "When are you and Evangeline finally gunna get together?"

He laughed, soon to be joined by the rest of the boys we sat with.

"Hey TK, how much have you had to drink?" Sid replied, a smirk playing his (perfect) lips.

"I dunno, how much have you had to drink?" Was his great retort. I snorted and rolled my eyes and Sidney smiled as he began to walk over towards us.

"Do you wanna leave?" He whispered into my ear, his hot breath tickling my neck. "Everyone's pretty wasted."

I nodded and licked my lips, "Yeah, sounds good."

He smiled triumphantly and helped me out of the arm chair I had been sitting in. I said one large good-bye to the group, as a way to avoid any more awkward conversations. They all ended up hooting and hollering as Sidney and I left the apartment anyway. Typical.

"They're all crazy," Sidney chuckled as the elevator ascended. I smiled and forced a laugh at his sentence.

I wasn't sure if he was talking in general, or about exactly what they were saying, but either way his statement lowered my mood considerably. To think that he might of meant they were crazy to suggest him and I ever getting together made my heart ache. Though I was already pretty sure nothing would ever happen, to hear him actually say something like that made things much worse.

The ride home was much quieter than the ride there and I chose to blame it on the fact that it was nearly one in the morning, but I knew otherwise. Once we got back to my apartment building I nearly sprang out of Sid's car, but felt defeated as he followed behind me. He always walked me to my door, I'm not sure what made me think tonight would be any different.

We got to my door quickly (mostly because I was speed walking) and I grabbed my keys out of my bag and unlocked my door, pushing it open and then looking back at Sidney.

"I had fun tonight," I smiled. He didn't say anything, instead he pushed his lips to my cheek and smiled widely. "Good..night..?" I laughed awkwardly.

"Night," he grinned, turning around on his heel and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know this starts kinda slow, but it will progress and get better within the next few chapters, i promise! i just have to set everything up first so you can understand their relationship :)

thank you all for the comments! they make me want to update every single day for you guys!
xoxo