Status: Comment If You Want. Finished!

Can You Hear Me?

Now I Believe

“Jessica! Jessica! Jessica!”
“Shut the fuck up, Amy. I have a headache!” She doesn’t get it does she.
“Put away the claws, please.” Annoying best friends lead to me being more pessimistic. In fact why do I even put up with her? Oh yeah that’s right she’s my bosses daughter.
“Fine I’ll try.” I mutter stareing out the passenger window at the fall trees flashing by.
“Be happy. You’re going on a date.”
“It’s with your washed up no good once rock star cousin.”
“He’s awesome and really good at listening to problems.” She pulled her Audi into an empty space. “Negative Nancy!” Amy got out and skipped to the entry way to her mom’s bar. I followed at a dragging pace. Once on the inside of the joint Amy pulled me to a table where a man was sitting alone. He looked up at me when I sat, he was okay looking I guess. Longish light brown hair, tall, but not overly, nice dark eyes. I smiled as Amy left then came back with my personal drink, quarter blue raspberry pucker, half grape slushy, and the rest vodka.
“Thanks.” I mumbled to her as she went back to the bar. I took a drink out of the concoction I invented. Then looked at the guy whose name escaped me.
“Hey I’m Jessica.” I spoke he listened closely like I was whispering from across the room. He was gazing at my face, at my lips.
“Hello,” His voice was strained and cracking like an invisible person was wringing his neck. “I’m Mason.” What the fuck’s wrong with him? I thought before asking him aloud.
“What’s up with your voice? No offence.”
“No offence taken. I’m deaf.” He explained. I gave him a strange look.
“How are you hearing what I’m saying?” I took another drink and lean forward anticipating the answer to escape his lips.
“I’m not. I’m reading your lips. Three months ago I couldn’t do this or talk as much as I can now. I’m learning to live with this.”
“Well I’m very proud of you. I would kill myself if I went deaf.” I took a gulp and felt the liquid start to effect my brain. He took a drink out of his clear glass. “But you don’t seem like that, you’re a nice guy.”
“You don’t seem half bad. You could work on being a little positive.” He turned his head to look back at the dancing sea of people. I watched and felt a twang of sympathy. I stand and take the few steps to his side of the table. I tap his shoulder and take one of his hands in mine.
“Let’s dance to our own music.” He smiled and got up and let me lead the way to the floor. We came together in the center as if it was a slow song even if everyone else was moving faster, but I soon realized we where dancing to the sound of our own heart beats.
We looked into each others eyes. That’s when I started to believe.
Love is Real and It’s Coming for Me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally get to update for this writing contest!
<3Kelsey