My Lovely Angel

Chapter Six

Angel was confused as she walked in to Shandie’s. She walked slowly over to the back, picking up her clothes and putting them on.

“Angie,” Shandie said, peeking his head out from behind the corner. He smiled widely when he saw her petit frame in her black silk robe that covered her and kept her slightly warm. “You’re on first today. Tatiana told me that you needed to be home early.”

She smiled, and nodded, sitting in her chair to fix her makeup. She shared this desk with two other girls that came in the days she didn’t. On the mirror were pictures of friends, family’s, or boyfriends that didn’t belong to Angie—or Angel—who didn’t like hanging up pictures.

She stood when she heard that Angie was being called, and let her robe slip smoothly from her skin.

Angie walked out on stage, confident and half-naked. While Angel cowered in the corner, half ashamed and half proud of her alter ego.

Jacob ran around the perimeter of La Push, patrolling with Sam.

I don’t believe you, Jacob thought, slightly disturbed.

Sam let out a bark of a laugh and continued running opposite of Jacob. Jacob, I’ve been through this before. I know what it feels like.

No. I like Bella. I love Bella. Angel is just an… Jacob’s train of though trailed off as he though of the right word. The only thing he could think of was angle.

Ah ha, Sam thought smugly, I told you. Maybe you should embrace it Jake. Not many people get to have what we do.

Jacob shook his head, feeling the need to howl out loud from his confusion.

Trust me Jake. We’re the lucky ones.

Jacob didn’t believe him.

Shandie knew not to call the girls their stage names after work. Tatiana was not called Trinity and Angel was not called Angie outside of the club. He had found that out the hard way a few months ago when they went out on the town and he started bossing them around with their stage name. Angel and Tatiana all but left him for dead in an alley behind the bar.

But there wasn’t much Angel could do when Jacob Black called her Angie because ever since last week, when he came to school all buff and cocky, he had scared her.

“Angie,” he called when she passed the four men in the hall. She had a brief flash back to when she and Embry had spoken. “Hey wait!”

She turned around, keeping her head down and letting her auburn hair fall in front of her face. “Yeah?”

Jacob silently wished that she would look up, wanting to remember that feeling he had gotten at the beginning of the week when they locked gazes.

“I just wanted to apologize. No hard feelings?” he asked gently lifting Angel’s chin to look into her eyes. And although she was glaring at him, his skin heat up even more and his heart swelled with happiness, almost to the point of pain but Jacob liked the feeling.

“No. Hard. Feelings?” she asked, slowly enunciating her words. She then spat out a laugh that made Jacob’s good feeling waver. “If you even want to think about me, address me as Angel, because my name has never been—nor ever will be—Angie! Got it?!”

She shoved his burning hand away, not caring that Jacob looked hurt at the tone of her voice. Not to mention he was so confused, not only with the fact that he was undeniably in love with her, but why she hated that name so much.

“I—”

“You aren’t sorry, Jacob. You feel guilty. That isn’t the same thing!” With one last glare, she stomped away, looking for Joe, her boyfriend.

Jacob didn’t know that Angel and Joe were an item until lunch, when people were buzzing with the news. One of the most popular guys in school was dating Angel Romney. What wasn’t there to talk about?

“Dude…?” Embry said, watching his friend clench and unclench his fists, glaring hatefully at Joseph.

Jacob shook his head and suddenly his muscles relaxed. A lazy smile settled its way onto his face as an idea popped into his head.

Jacob Black was going to get Angel Romney to love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, but I like it :)

Comment&Subscribe