Lost In The Fire

Oh You're Leaving Home

“Jimmy, I need to get out of Murder City. I want to move to Jingletown, at least with you there I’ll know my way.” looking up at Gloria’s random outburst, I tilted my head to the side. She had been living here for a few weeks, Zack still resenting her for leaving and Christian still being a bumfuck with no job. Zack was coming around though, but Gloria and Christian had decided that they would work this out like a divorce. I think that was the part that Glory hated the most, but up until now she hadn’t said a thing.

“I don’t know Gloria. Jingletown is dangerous, no matter who you’re with,” I said lightly, rubbing a hand through my hair and smiling a bit. Glory gave me a small smile, kissing my cheek softly.

“I want to leave here. Murder City’s got too much shit in it,” she said softly, running her hand through my hair and tugging just a bit. My eyes closed a bit, a yawn escaping as I nodded.

“Fine, fine. Angie’s there anyways, so I’m sure she’s kept the house up. Go pack.” with that Gloria hugged me tightly, then ran up the stairs to pack her things. Once she was done, I lazily got off the couch, my bag slung over my shoulder. Holding her finger up, she walked next stairs where I observed the scene from behind the door.

Christian wasn’t home like usual, and Zack clung to her legs, shaking his head as tears rapidly fell from his cheeks. She hugged him tight, kissing his head and telling him he could come visit whenever he wanted to and that she loved him. Once that was complete, she turned to me and nodded, shoving her stuff in the trunk of my car as we headed to Jingletown, Zack staring sadly from the porch with his hand lightly raised.

“Welcome to your new home, Glory.”