Status: Rewriting the chapters. So please be patience. Story will continue soon :)

Why Can't We Be Together

See You Around (Rewritten)

I sat quietly at the lunch table, staring at the beautiful creature sitting at the table in front of me. God, he was so gorgeous. He was flawless in so many ways; just perfect. It was as if he was the only person in the entire room just brightening up my day with that half smile he always gives. My eyes would somehow fall upon his soft pink lips I’ve been wishing to kiss for so long. For years I wish he liked me the way I liked him. I hoped he’d say yes if I ever asked him to date me but what’s the point in asking. Even if I wasn’t this monster most people fear of I still wouldn’t have a chance. Compared to the people he’s around---he’d never date me.

Being a vampire my entire life, I was use to being alone and pushed away from others. Growing up, I didn’t have a lot of friends and when things were getting bad for vampires all my human friends weren’t allowed to talk to me anymore. My vampire friends all moved out the neighborhood because their families were being taunted constantly. They couldn’t take it anymore so they moved. I was friendless and teased from elementary school to now; my tenth grade year. Everyday I tell myself ‘just two more years and everything will get better’

“Hey Frank….Frank!” Bob said, nudging me in the side with his elbow to get my attention. Taking me by surprise like that, I nearly jumped out my skin.

“Huh…what?” I stammered, looking over at him with wide eyes. I probably looked like a deer caught in a headlight which was funny to Ray because the minute I looked over at him he began to laugh. “Stop laughing at me.” I whined, poking out my bottom lip. I knew he hated when I pouted and gave him the puppy look but I hated when people laughed at me.

“Aww shit.” he cursed. A small smile slowly appeared across my face. “One day you’re going to give that face to someone and it isn’t going to work.” I snorted. My puppy eyes and pout always work. Who could resist a face like this? I felt a gentle hand grab a hold of my shoulder.

“I’m agreeing with Ray on this one. It won’t always work Frankie.” Bob laughed, “Plus don’t feel so embarrassed. You need to stop day-dreaming every five minutes or we wouldn’t have to scare the shit out of you to get your attention. Wait a minute, were you staring at him again?” I mentally cursed in my head and looked up at him innocently. “Stop staring at him. Bad enough our kind is constantly called monsters. We don’t need stalker added to the list.”

I huffed. “I know but I can’t help it.” I mumbled, fidgeting with my hoodie sleeve. I remember when the Way brothers first moved here to Newark, New Jersey in 7th grade. Mikey was in my grade and Gerard was in 10th. Back then I was a quiet kid and could never get myself to talk to him. I hated how my shyness got in the way of making new friends especially humans. If only Mikey and I talked back then, maybe we could have been friends. I glanced back over at Mikey as his brother shoved him for saying something.

“Frank, stop it! I will shred him apart id you don’t stop staring.” Bob threaten. I growled and flashed my fangs.

“You lay a finger on him and so help me god I will kick your ass. Don’t mess with me, Bob.” Ray started to laugh but at both of us. If you haven’t noticed, he isn’t the type of guy that gets into other people’s business. When Bob and I start one of our petty arguments he tends to sit back and watch the action but this time I wasn’t having it. When Mikey’s life is put on the line, I get very defensive. “Shut up Toro.” I hissed. Ray immediately stopped laughing and he looked shocked. It wasn’t that he was scared of me but just the face I’ve never snapped at him before.

Soon I realized I was a little too loud and was drawing attention to ourselves from the surrounding tables. I glanced around as eyes were focused on us. I gulped when I heard the words ‘filthy creature’ and bloodsuckers’ being mumbled. Great just what I needed; more attention brought to ourselves. “See what you guys made me do.” I groaned, slamming my head on the table.

“Forget about them, Frankie. They’re just nosy assholes who like to mess with our kind for the laughs.” Bob patted me on the back. Yeah nosy assholes that have nothing better to do. Slowly but surely everyone around us

“Forget about them, Frankie. They’re just nosy assholes who like to mess with our kind for the laughs.” Bob patted me on the back. Yeah nosy assholes that have nothing better do to. I looked up and my eyes fell upon a particular set of golden brown eyes that made my stomach do somersaults. Mikey was staring at me like everyone else in the room but there was something different about him. The facial expression he showed was different from everyone else’s. I couldn’t quiet explain it.

Our eyes continued to make contact until I had to look away. “Is he still looking at me?” I asked. Mikey was starting to make me fell a little uncomfortable. What was he staring at me for? Well I shouldn’t complain. I stare at him all the time and I bet he’s caught me a million times so you could say this is just pay back.

“Nope. He’s talking to his brother. Asshole.” Bob trailed off. I nudged him in the side. “Ow, what was that for?”

“Mikey isn’t an asshole….is brother is.” I corrected.

“Whatever. I think that whole table, better yet; I think the entire human existence in this school is assholes.” I sighed. Not every human in this school is mean to us. Yeah it may seem like I get picked on by a lot of them but there are humans that I get along with. There’s this human girl in my first period, we’re best friends but I consider her as a friend. She actually stuck up for me a few times when Bob and Ray weren’t around too. “Hey, you want some blood. I noticed you didn’t bring yours with you to lunch like you usually do.”

“Oh Bob no. I can’t take your blood.” I rejected.

“This is my second bottle today. Plus, it’s only half. It’ll satisfy your hunger for the time being until you get home.” Knowing that Bob isn’t going to give up, I took the bottle from his grasp.

“Thanks Bob.” I whispered, “Kind of needed this since I haven’t had blood since last night. I forgot mine at home on the counter when I ran for the bus. I swear, the bus driver leaves me behind on purpose.” Clearly he can see me when I’m walking towards the bus but he does he stop, nope. He continues to drive by. Sometimes I can see him laughing as he goes by along with half the kids on the bus.

Bob sighed dramatically, “How many times do I have to tell you, Frankie? If you miss the bus just call me and I’ll pick you up. I know your running ability hasn’t really quite developed yet so why do you even try to run to school. You live like twenty minutes away.” he pointed out. All I could do is shrug. I would have but I don’t like asking people for favors. I hate bothering them. Bad enough Bob has already done enough for me, catching a ride with him will just cause trouble.

I took the bottle filled of blood from Bob and chugged down the rest. That’s when I felt like I was being watched again. I hated when people stared at me while I drank blood. It would always make me nervous. Placing the bottle back on the table, I looked around only to find Mikey staring at me again along with Gerard. I licked my lips nervously and turned my back so I wouldn’t have to look at them.

“Is that blood he’s drinking? Do you think he killed anyone? Great, the school has a murdered in the school.” Gerard said in disgust. Of all the people, I didn’t expect Mikey to look shocked. Was it the face that he thought I could be a murderer or just that Gerard said that? I’d probably say he thinks I’m a murderer because why would he care about my feelings.

Bob happened to overhear what Gerard said and glared at the raven haired boy. “Don’t listen to him. If he wants to think you killed someone, let him. He’ll be easily scared by you.” he smirked. I giggled. That is true. Soon the bell rang dismissing us from lunch. I throw my bag over my shoulder and said my goodbyes to Ray and Bob before running off to the second floor for Geometry. The one class I hate but love at the same time. It’s one of the two classes I have with Mikey but sadly Lyn-z, Gerard’s girlfriend, is in the same class too. She’s the reason I could never get a chance to talk to him. You see, Lyn-z basically got the entire class to turn against me. Not only does she taunt me the entire time but so do the others expect for Mikey. He just sits and watches. I find it very odd that he doesn’t do the same. I wish I could mind read but I don’t have that ability yet.

As I made my way through the busy second floor hallway, everyone seemed to stare at me in disgust. You could tell they were trying their best to avoid making any kind of contact with me what so ever. With a school of over six hundred kids it’s quite impossible to do so. Sooner or later you’re bound to knock into someone by accident but you always have the people that over react. Being one out of hundred and thirty-seven vampires in this school, people tend to act as if we have some sort of deadly disease. Humans act like vampirism is something you can catch by skin contact but that’s not true at all. In order to become a vampire you have to be bitten by one, and then offered their blood. Once the blood is in your system you’ll start to feel the effects. Afterwards you just have to drink human’s blood and the process is complete. It’s a very simple process to be honest.

People believe that vampires turn people against their will and leave them to defend for themselves but not all vampires are like that. You see when it comes down to new born vampires it’s our duty to take care of them and make sure they don’t get into any trouble. It’s like taking care of a newborn child. You have to teach them how to live, right from wrong and etc. Most vampires don’t want that responsible most of the time so we hardly ever turn anyone unless it’s necessary. I’d probably won’t turn anyone anytime soon. I’m not ready for that responsibility.

Half the class was already in their seats, talking amongst themselves when I arrived. No more then five seconds later, the room got quiet and everyone’s eyes fell upon me as I walked across the room to my seat in the front row. I started to feel a bit anxious, wondering why everyone was staring at me. I had a feeling they’re planning something but what? When I begin to feel nervous or in danger my vampire instincts tend to take over. My fangs drop from my gums without warning and my eyes start to change from the hazel color everyone is use to seeing to a white color. All you can see in my eyes is the pupils. It’s kind of creepy to be honest. I hated it though because it draws too much attention to myself. That tends to make the situation even worse and right now my gums ache.

I sat down quietly and took out the necessary things for class before tugging on my necklace around my neck. I began to zone out until I heard a familiar laugh. Glancing up at the doorway, I saw Mikey and Lyn-z entering room. They’re laughing at something, maybe a joke perhaps or something could have happened outs in the hall. I didn’t really care. The teacher soon followed behind them, telling everyone to set down so she can explain the lesson for the day.

“Good evening class. Everyone take your seats, please. We’re going straight into classwork so pair up with someone and get to work.” Mrs. Cobb explained. I sighed. When it came to group work I never pair up with anyone. I work along and that’s why I’m failing this class in the first place. No one wants to help me; not even the damn teacher. She’s too afraid of me to come near me. So I figured why even bother if no one is going to help me in the first place.

Laying my head on the desk, I closed my eyes and began to think. I tend to use my free time in class to think about anything. It passes the time and plus it helps me calm down. After a few minutes, I was soon interrupted from my thoughts when I felt a hand slam down on my shoulders. My instincts kicked in and suddenly I had the boy by his throat. “Don’t touch me!” I growled. The boy, Devin, held out his hands.

“Whoa there Vamp Boy. I was just coming over here to ask if you wanted a partner for the class. My buddy, Nick, over there ditched me for someone else.” he choked. Every one in the room was staring at us and since I didn’t want to cause a scene I gently put him down.

“I work alone sorry.” I whispered, sitting back down and acting like I was doing work.

“Oh come on. It’s only going to be for today. I won’t bother you anymore.” Devin begged. I found it quite strange that he wanted to work with me. What was he up too? “Va---”

“First of all, I have a name and it’s Frank. Secondly, don’t call me fucking Vamp Boy ever again. You got that?” I snapped. Devin looked scared for a second. “Are we clear?”

“Y-Yes Frank. So do you want to be partners?” I nodded. Devin grabbed his work and a chair, placing it next to my desk. “Okay…um why don’t you do the odd pages and I’ll do the evens. We can get the work much faster.” he explained.

“Whatever.” I mumbled. Hope he knows what he’s doing because clearly I don’t. After getting page two done, Mrs.Cobb excused herself from the room. Once the door closed behind her, I was suddenly shoved to the floor, hitting my head on the wall. “Ouch! What the fuck is your problem?” I shouted at Devin. He grinned. I knew he was up to no good.

“My problem? My problem is you. Vampires think they can just appear out of nowhere and take over this world but you’re wrong. I wish the government would make legal for us to kill bloodsuckers like you.” he snarled.

“Say that again!” I hissed, appearing in front of Devin and slamming him against the floor. A few people gasp. “I dare you.” I showed him my fangs.

“W-Whoa! Okay I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. Please don’t kill me.” I hissed again. “Oh god!” Slamming Devin against the wall once more,

“You better.” I let Devin go and turned around to see the entire class looking horrified even Mikey. “Fuck.” Quickly gathering all my belongings, I ran out the room to my fourth period class which was Guitar. It was the only place I could think of to hide since there wasn’t a class going on at that time. For the rest of the period I played random songs on the guitar.

I must have been too occupied because I didn’t realize the bell ringing and students entering the room including my best friend, Blair.

“Hey Frank! What’s up?” shouted, sitting down next to me. I smiled. Other then me, Blair is the only vampire in this class but all the humans are friendly.

“Hey there Blair. Nothing much really, you know the usual. I skipped out my class early because I was this close to killing this kid.” I said, “And scaring Mikey.” I sighed. You can say I pretty much ruined my chances of becoming friends with him. I shouldn’t have acted that way.

“Are you serious? Knowing me, I’d probably do it.” Blair chuckled. I know he would. “Now don’t worry about Mikey. He’ll come around. Did you talk to him?”

“No but I know he won’t talk to me. Why try?” I told him. He shook his head.

“You never know unless you try and I know you just had that incident back in class but he should know it was just defense. Okay, tomorrow at lunch I want you to go up to him and say hi. That’s all. It may feel awkward at first but you’ll feel better once you say something to him. Have Bob or Ray back you up. Gerard sits with him right?”

“Yeah. I’ll think about it. Thanks Blair.” H smiled at me and picked up his guitar. Class went by pretty fast afterwards. I guess it was because this was my favorite class and I enjoyed it. The bell soon rung and I was the first one outside. One day down, many more to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so this is my new story. i hope you enjoy it and im still goin to be workin on the frerard one too so continue readin that one but this one too ^-^

title credit: A Skylit Drive-See You Around

comments please?