‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

The Day We Met Was Like A Hit And Run

The sunlight shined into my room and i enjoyed sitting near my window for a view of Huntington Beach. I usually opened the window to hear the sound of the wave crashing onto the beach. I rested my chin on the edge of my dad's pink bass, breathing in his scent from it.

"AJ, You ready?"

I looked to the door way and smiled. "Totally."

Dad smiled and walked away to the foyer, talking to uncle Jack or someone. I sighed and stood up, looking around my room for the last time. I'm going on tour with my dad's band, All Time Low, and my band is like the special guest.

"Abby Jean!", Ryane exclaimed from the door way. "We're gonna be late!"

"Ryane Dawson, there's no such thing as 'late' on my vocab.", I giggled as i let her pulled me out of my room. the living room were a mess with luggage and Ryane's drum set were everywhere.

"Ryane! you should help your dad with your drums!", Aunt Kara walked out from the kitchen. "And let Abby pack her things!"

Ryane rolled her eyes and let go of my arm. "AJ, do you need help?", Aunt Kara asked.

I shook my head. "Nah, i just need to get all my bags out."

"Let me help you, Abby.", Aunt Ashlee winked. "Or, Jeremy, could help you!"

"Mom! I'm busy!", Jeremy shouted from the foyer. he was busy with his guitar.

"Jeremy Bassam Barakat, you better help Abby or i'll do something.", I giggled as i heard Aunt Ashlee said that.

I walked into my room and opened my closet. The brown jeweled box were still there, on the top shelve. I took it out and sat on my bed. I opened it and there's a black ring with Sapphire stone surrounding the ring. i slid it into my ring finger. It was the ring dad gave to mom when he asked her to marry her, but she bailed us when i was two.

"Abby, you okay?", Dad poked into my room.

I nodded. "I'm just nervous, dad."

He sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "What's to be nervous about?"

"Your band is a legend, and mine, still an underdog. you know how it feels like."

"Abby Jean, you'll do great. you're a Merrick after all!", he grinned. I grinned back and hugged his side.

"I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, Abby Jean."
♠ ♠ ♠
short! but relax, it's just the first chapter! hope you guys will like this;)