‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

Swear That I'll Never Let You Back In

Zack's P.O.V

"AJ?", i opened the door to KTM's dressing room. all i saw was Jeremy, sitting on the couch while intensely playing his PSP.

"Oh, hey uncle Zack.", he mumbled loudly without taking his eyes off the game.

"Hey, have you seen Abby?"

He shook his head slightly. "No, but you could ask Ryane. she's somewhere near stage."

I nodded and closed the door. while i was walking to the stage, i saw a woman, maybe in her thirties, leaning on the white wall in the hallway. from the laminates and camera, i could guess she was a journalist.

"Can i help you?", i asked her when i was in front of her.

She looked up and revealed her warm brown eyes. her eyes widened as she saw me. "N-No. i'm good."

"You sure?"

She nodded quickly and stood up straight. "Yeah, i need to find Alex. interview."

"Okay."

As she walked away, i tried to remember the last time i saw her. somewhere in my mind was saying that i knew her, that she was in my life before, but i couldn't find where and who she was.

"Dad?"

I turned around and smiled at my only daughter. "Hey AJ, i've been looking for you."

She smiled and embraced me in a hug. "Hey dad. what's up?"

"Nothing. i think we need a little dad-and-kid time."

"Sure! i want to tell you something!", She exclaimed happily and hugged my side. i wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her out from the venue. the warm San Francisco air greeted us and surround us as we walked down the street. we decided to get ice cream in the bay and sitting around on the beach.

"So, dad, i have a question.", Abby smiled and licked her vanilla ice cream.

"Shoot."

"Why do you love the ocean and surfing so much?"

"Well, the ocean is always relaxing, and i love surfing because...i don't really know. do you know why you love music?"

She pouted her lips and putting on her 'thinking face'. "I don't know, maybe because it's in my blood?"

I laughed and pulled her closer. "Yes, it's in your blood."

"I still can't believe i'm a Barakat too, i mean i'm more like you, dad."

"You're still like Jack, a joker and a whiner, and your mom, sweet and taking care of me."

"Dad.", AJ hugged my side again, making her ice cream fell to the sand, but she didn't care. she hugged me tighter than before. "I love you, daddy."

"Right back at you, AJ."
******************
Abby's P.O.V

I stood side stage while i was controlling my breathing. i usually got nervous before shows and this is it.

"You'll be great, Abby.", Aunt Ashlee kissed my cheek. "You'll nailed it!"

"Thanks, Aunt Ashlee.", i smiled to her. the lights were off and that was our cue. Stella smiled at me and ran out to the stage.

"What's up, San Fran?!", she shouted through the mic. Jeremy was next to ran out and Ryane tugged my hand with her as she ran out. the crowd's scream filled our ears the next second.

After the show, i stayed side stage to see All Time Low. i love seeing my dad plays, he was amazing. i couldn't stop smiling to see him and uncle Jack goofing around on stage. from the pictures of them 16 years ago, and the years that followed until today, i couldn't see the aging on their faces. dad still looked like 21, same as the others.

"There you are!", Ryane clapped my shoulder. "Been looking everywhere for ya!"

"Hey."

"So, me, Jeremy, and Stella gonna do some signing outside. wanna come?"

i nodded. dad taught me to respect the fans because without them, we wont be like this. "Of course."

Ryane grinned and pulled me outside the venue. fans were screaming on the other side of the barricade when we walked out. i walked closer to the barricade and smiled at them. "Hey there!"

"Oh my god, Abby, i love your set!"

"Thanks. do you want me to sign something?"

She nodded and gave me her iPhone. "What's your name?", i asked.

"Casey."

I wrote down her name with my neon green marker and sign the back of her iPhone. "Here ya go."

Juliet's P.O.V

I smiled as i saw Abby signing some stuff for her fans outside. i've always known that she'll be like Zack. music is in her blood.

"Excuse me, are you from AP?"

I turned around and saw Jack, my very own twin brother. "Uhm, yes."

He grinned. "Can you please do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"It's Abby's birthday two days from now, and i wanna make a surprise for her. could you help me and spread the word from your Twitter?"

"You could do it on your own."

"But i want everyone to know."

He put on his puppy dog eyes and i couldn't say no. "Okay."

how could i forgot about her birthday?