‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

It Was The Lie When They Smile And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

today was my birthday. my 17th birthday. i sat on the couch with the huge fat scrapbook uncle Joe and aunt May gave it to me as a present. we were already in Towson for a hometown show. Matt thought it would be awesome to have a home town show on my birthday, since i'm the oldest of the 'ATL kids'.

"You okay, AJ?", Ryane asked from the door way of the back lounge.

I nodded. "Yeah. hey, Ryane, come here.", i patted the spot next to me. Ryane grinned and sat beside me. i flipped open a page where a picture of my mom and dad on their first day of senior year. since dad went to different school, dad picked mom up every day. in the picture, dad gave mom a piggy back ride around the football field of Dulaney High. "See how happy they were."

"Your mom was so pretty.", Ryane mumbled. "I want her eyes."

"That's uncle Jack's eyes, since they're twins.", i giggled.

"Do you ever wonder where's your mom now, Abby?"

A lump was rising in my throat as that question came up. "Sometimes, dad said she was...dead."

"Dead?! your mom's dead?", Ryane gasped as she shook my shoulders.

I nodded slowly. "Dad told me last month. he got a call from Vera, her friend. she died."

"I'm so sorry, AJ. does my dad knows?"

"I highly doubt that uncle Jack nor my dad could keep their mouth shuts, but maybe they just don't want to sadden me even more."

Ryane took a deep breath and stood up. "I'll leave you alone, i need to check on the drums. maybe Grieco messed it up or my dad use my cymbals without telling me, so...you okay if i leave?"

"Yeah, i don't want our set has to be cancelled because of your dad stole the cymbals.", i grinned and wiped the tears that rose up.

She smiled and ran out from the bus. i flipped onto the next page, and a picture of mom and i, when i was only 6 months old, on the beach, that i could guess Huntington Beach. we were laughing and there was no doubts or even hatred drawn on my mom's eyes.

"Abigail?"

I looked up and saw grandma standing on the door way. "Hey grandma."

"Abigail, what are you doing here alone? your uncle Jack was trying to give me headache."

I stood up and led her to the couch, and sat her down. "What did he do to you?"

Grandma smiled and patted my hand. "You're just like your mom."

"Grandma, she was way prettier than me."

"You're both pretty. i hope God gives her a good place up there."

"Of course. i miss her eventhough i don't remember much about her."

"Who could blame you? you were two when she left."

JULIET'S P.O.V

I stood in front of the barricade, the space for press. i already did what i promised Jack, promoting this home town show. it's heart breaking to see my mom, my brother, and my sister here. all of them thought that i'm dead. i called Vera, telling her if someone asked about me, she have to tell them that i'm dead.

"Hey, AP girl!"

I looked up and saw Jack, grinning down at me. "Thanks for your help."

"No problem."

He narrowed his eyes and jumped down the stage. "Where did you get that?"

"Get what?"

He pinched my pendant and bring it closer to his eyes. "This is the pendant my mom gave to my twin sister when she has my niece."

I gulped hardly and closed my eyes shut. no, he couldn't know that i'm Juliet. "There's a million other pendants like this."

"Maybe you're right.", he let go of the pendant. "Well, gotta go. come to the after party?"

I nodded. "Sure."

He walked away and i sighed. this could not be good.
*****************
I sat down on the bar stool, looking out to the whole bar. Abby was laughing merrily on the table, right in the middle of the room, surrounded by her friends and families. i couldn't see my mom anywhere, but May and Joe was there, pouring shots onto Abby's glass. AJ and anyone knows 17 is still underage to drink, but then again, her dad and her uncle is in All Time Low.

"AP girl!", Jack exclaimed as he waved at me.

"Jack Barakat, i have a name...?"

He nodded. "So, are you here to report my niece or us?"

"Your niece, mainly. she's the new Hayley Williams, i supposed."

"She's awesome."

I nodded and kept on smiling as Abby joked around with Joe. suddenly...

"Hey, Jack, where's the surprise?", Zack clapped my brother's shoulder. he eyed me for a moment then his eyes widened. uh oh.

"Yeah, it's in the...why are you guys staring at each other?", Jack narrowed his eyes to Zack, then me, and back to Zack.

"Juliet?"

I took a sharp breath and jumped down the stool, running out from the bar, pushing my way out through the crowd. i could hear them shouting my name back there, but i just kept on running. as soon as i'm out, cold damp air came into my lungs.

"Juliet!"

I turned around and saw Zack running towards me. he stopped a few feet away, looking to the left side of the road, then back to me. "Juliet, watch out!"

I looked to where he looked before, bright lights shut my eyes out, then, all i could feel was my bone splitting.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i dedicated this one for my friend, decaydancewhore. that's her profile name here,go check her out! she's on my friend list:)