‹ Prequel: Check Yes Juliet

Should've Said No

I Don't Mean To Be A Bother,But Have You Seen This Girl?

ZACK'S P.O.V

"She just gripped my wrists and started yelling about her being my mom.", Abby sobbed on May's shoulder as she told us what happened with her today. "I mean, that's not true, right, dad?"

"No, it's not true, AJ. you know the truth.", i lied as i gulped off the lump in my throat.

She nodded and leaned her head on May's shoulder. "You should stay close with us, AJ. that's the best way.", May told her.

"Okay, as long as dad with me."

I took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "I won't go anywhere, Abby."

After a little more talk, Abby was already asleep, so i carried her upstairs. it was funny how she was already 17 years old, when i felt like yesterday was the day Juliet told me she was pregnant. after i put on the comforter over her, Luke jumped on her covered leg and laid there.

"Keep my girl safe, buddy.", i whispered as i stroke his chin. he woofed once and lay down his head.

"Zack.", i turned around and saw Jack on the door way. "How's AJ?"

"She's kind of shock with what happened earlier. how did she get out from the hospital so quickly? she broke her spine!"

"If you remember her worst habit is don't wanna take a no for an answer.", Jack huffed as he sat on the other side of Abby's bed.

"Jack, i don't want her to be near Abby."

Jack sighed and looked down to his feet. "What do you wanna do about it? she knows where Abby is staying while she's in Maryland."

"I don't know, Jack. i'm scared she's gonna take Abby away from me soon."
****************
I was walking Luke the next day, passing the park until someone shouted my name. I turned around and no one was there. I turned around again and surprised by Juliet. she was still on her wheel chair and her face was pale.

"Zack, you lied to Abby."

"Well, you weren't here for 16 years."

"I was wrong! i made the wrong choice!", tears started to fall from her eyes."I was wrong, Zack, and all i want to do is apologize. both to you and Abby.", she clutched a piece of the hem of my shirt. "Please."

"Juliet, 16 years and all you want now is an apology?", i scoffed. "You weren't there when Abby cried because she had a nightmare, you weren't there for 16 of her birthdays, you weren't there when she decided not to go to school and make a band instead."

She just kept on crying and sobbing. "I'm sorry."

"No, i won't forgive you of what you've done to Abby. i don't care that you broke my heart into pieces, but i have Abby with me, that's what matters. i won't ever let you near her or even meeting her. not even in my worst nightmare!", i stepped back, making her let go of my shirt.

"She's mine too, Zack! i'm her mom!", she screeched.

"Well, where were you for 16 years of her life?!", i yelled back.

She shut her mouth and looked down to her hands. "I wasn't ready."

"Did you think i was? i was only 20 when you left, maybe she was a little bit out of handled at first, but now, she's the most important person in my life."

"I want to take her back to New York.", she stare at me. "Zack, give her to me."

"Did you listen what i said before? never! she doesn't want to meet you!"

"How did you know?!"

"Isn't obvious?!", can't stand the tension, i decided to ran away. she shouted my name as i ran away from her. when i was walking up the porch, Abby was sitting on the swing, set up on the porch.

"Hey dad. i didn't know you're going running.", she smiled as she wrapped the blanket tighter on her body.

"Hey Abby Jean.", i sat beside her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"Swear you won't hate me?"

She looked up to me and smiled. "Crossed my heart."

My heart beats faster and sweat formed on my forehead. "Abby Jean, Kelly was actually..."

"My mom.", she finished.

"How did you know?"

"I actually know the first time i saw her, but i wasn't sure."

I rested my chin on the top of her head. "So, are you mad at me?"

She shook her head. "No, i'm not. i don't wanna know her anyway.", she sighed. "I'm scared she would take me away from you, daddy. i don't wanna go."

I pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. "I won't let her, AJ. i would never."
********************
ABBY'S P.O.V

I sat on the cushions near the window, with my acoustic guitar on my lap. it was raining in Towson, meaning i couldn't go anywhere today. Ryane was visiting her grandma along with Uncle Rian and Aunt Kara, Stella was busy playing Pokemon with Uncle Alex, and Jeremy...where the hell was he? he's my cousin for god's sake!

"Hey Abby Jean!", Uncle Jack exclaimed as he skipped into my room. "What're you doing?"

"I don't know. the rain reminds me of Remembering Sunday."

Uncle Jack smiled. "That's what you get when you grow up around us."

"Anyways, what's up, Uncle Jack?"

"Oh yeah, you better dress up pretty tonight. all of us are going out for dinner tonight!"

"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing, just wanna go out. so, better pick out some nice dress!", Uncle Jack stood up and walked out from my room.