Status: Complete

Once Upon a Fox

Play Toy

He was beautiful. No. He was more than beautiful; he was gorgeous.

I could tell he was like me, a demon, but he didn't look like the fox demon I was.

I was a fire and ice kitsune, a fox demon. I looked more like the red foxes in the human world rather than the different and more beautiful colors of the Makai, demon world, foxes. Of course those foxes were actually demons.

Though my ears and tail had the same reddish-orange color of the humans' foxes, I had an added blue tone due to my ice element as well as pure white points at the tips of my ears and my tail.

The demon that stood before me was extremely different. Sure, his ears and tail were similar, but instead of a burnt orange color, he was a shimmering silver. Even his hair had a silver shine to it and when the sunlight hit his long locks, blue hues tinted his hair.

My hair was a dull black with tiny blue and white streaks running through it and it reached down to my waist, like the other kitsune.

His cold eyes were the color of melted gold with tiny, almost invisible flecks of green; much nicer to look at than my crimson eyes.

"Who are you?" the fox demon growled angrily.

I nearly fainted at the sound of his voice; so deep and silky. He sounded dangerous, but oh so inviting. Two traits that could kill the unwise.

I smirked at the gorgeous demon and matched his silky voice perfectly.

"I was simply strolling through the woods, minding my own business," I replied.

The demon studied me, mildly curious. "You know this is marked territory," he deducted from the look in my eyes.

My laughter filled the open area around us, bouncing off the trees, "And so what if I did? You wouldn't hurt a pretty little thing like me now would you?"

"I would not hesitate to end your life at this very moment," he replied darkly.

The fur on my tail stood up as a shiver went up and down my spine, but I was very far from being afraid.

"Well..." I trailed off, taking my tail in my hands and flattening it. "So what kind of demon are you? I have a hunch, but why not hear it from your," I had to swallow my adjective, "mouth?"

He raised an eyebrow and smirked, my very slight pause not going unnoticed. "What do you think I am?"

My tail twitched in excitement. He was playing my kinda of game.

"I like you, fox," I smiled, loving the mild surprise in his eyes. "My name's Roxy."

"Youko," the other kitsune smirked. "You aren't too unpleasant yourself."

"Well, thanks," I winked. "You're the Youko? You're much taller than I imagined and the stories hardly do you any justice. But I'm sure they're right when they say you are a master with plants. I don't doubt that."

The fox crossed his arms over his chest, "Stories?"

"Yeah... Stories. The girls that gossip too much always mention your crimes, your strength... your good looks. They only seem to use the word handsome though. Such a terrible mistake." I smirked and twitched my tail flirtatiously, "You're gorgeous."

I could instantly see the kitsune's ego boost. Kitsunes and their pride.

With a giggle and a wink, I twirled around the kitsune, letting my tail trail along his waist, and then I disappeared. I giggled again to purposely allow Youko a little hint.

Being a fellow kitsune demon, he couldn't refuse a challenge... Wouldn't refuse...

I watched from a high tree branch as Youko moved his ears around to hear my movements.

Too bad I wasn't moving.

The searching fox suddenly jumped into the air, in my direction, but I was much faster than him.

"Nice try!" I sang, my voice echoing as I moved.

"I will find you," Youko smirked, sending out a little of his spirit energy.

He was trying to lure me toward him, but I wasn't going to fall for it no matter how badly I was tempted to.

Curse the kitsunes and their seductive traits. Then again, they come in handy.

I decided to play his game and released some of my own spirit energy, but I quickly jumped to new hiding spots each time.

Pausing for a split second, hidden behind a tree, I cut off my spirit energy and cleared my cloudy mind.

There was a snap of a tree branch from above and I instinctively jumped away from my hiding spot, only to come crashing to the ground.

"Found you," Youko smirked, staring down at me.

Smirking, I gazed up at the fox, not at all fazed by his weight on my petite body.

"It seems you have," I licked my lips. "The infamous thief likes to play games..."

Youko's eyes twinkled mischievously and I flirtatiously ran a finger down his chest where the collar of his tunic came to a "v" shape.

"Do you ever plan to set me free?" I asked teasingly.

"I don't think so. You have caused me far too much trouble to go unpunished," the fox purred.

I raised one eyebrow and smirked.

"Is the King of Thieves smitten? Oh my, what a surprise."

"Smitten?" Youko copied my smirk. "No. I'm captivated."

"By little ole' me? Oh don't make me blush."

It was a little too late though as my face did flush faintly.

Youko kept his same expression as he leaned toward me to run the tip of his nose along my jawline.

I relaxed and closed my eyes until he stopped.

"I see I have you under my spell," he chuckled.

His voice sounded husky and it made me shiver.

"Your spell? No."

Youko gave me an "I-don't-believe-that" kind of look.

"Okay, so maybe you're the most attractive demon I've ever seen, but that hardly counts as a spell or whatever."

"Hm."

My eyes stayed on Youko's face as he thought, his head turned to the side. I didn't realize he wasn't actually thinking until he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, nonchalantly twirling a bit of his silver hair around my finger.

"Has dear Youko been this close to a woman before?" I questioned curiously, putting my fiery gaze on the strand of hair I toyed with.

"Many times."

My eyes met his and I was positive he saw my envy.

He purred softly, "But I've never let myself fall into their trap like I have with you."

"Trap? You think I set up a trap for you? I have no trap. I'm just a kitsune who knows how to snare any man," I protested.

"A trap."

"No."

Youko sighed, clearly annoyed, and ran the tip of his nose across my cheek repeatedly instead of my jaw.

"No words from the great thief? I have done the impossible," I teased.

Soft lips pressed against my jaw and my eyes widened in surprise at what the fox replied with.

"Indeed you have."

Youko kissed my lips shortly, but passionately before planting kisses as soft as rose petals along my throat and collarbone.

My eyes closed again and my finger very lightly gripped the silver lock of hair they were already toying with. My other set of fingers reached for the side of Youko's neck, but ran to the nape of his neck where they lightly stroked his skin creating tiny bumps along Youko's arms.

He lifted his head to look at the goosebumps on one of his arms and then gazed down at me in surprise.

I grinned sheepishly, "The impossible."

With no hesitation, Youko brought his lips to mine again and then back to my neck.

The scent of roses filled my nostrils and I sighed.

"You will be mine," Youko muttered quietly between kisses before he carefully sank his teeth into the flesh above my collarbone.

I squeaked quietly, but didn't force Youko away. I could feel his spirit energy pour into me and I liked the feeling, but sadly Youko made it stop.

He smirked at my frown and kissed me again.

Suddenly the two of us heard a rustling of leaves and we both jumped up into defensive positions with no hesitation.

I could feel Youko's anger and frustration through his bite and it made me feel the same.

Slowly a dark figure came from the depths of the forest and chuckled.

"Sorry to interrupt, Youko, but we have a castle to steal from," the figure stated.

"Kuronue," Youko growled, obviously ticked that he was stopped for something he wasn't interested in at the moment.

A bat demon dressed in a black tunic and pants, with a black and tattered hat, and a strange pendant hanging from his neck walked into the light.

"Let's go, Youko. You'll be more upset knowing you missed your chance to steal a rare artifact than being interrupted with your new play thing."

Youko glared and growled again, "She is not a play thing."

"Sorry. Mate. Happy now?"

"No," Youko grumbled.

"Whatever. Just tell her good-bye and let's go. You'll be back soon to finish what you started."

Angrily, Youko turned to me and kissed me roughly, but sweetly.

"You will be mine," he whispered. "I will be back."

I nodded and let him kiss me again, kissing my lips and then the mark he left.

He stared at me for a while until he disappeared into the dark forest with his partner in crime.

I fell onto the ground and sighed happily.

I had Youko. He was mine and I was his. Maybe not completely, but I didn't doubt we would be later. He would come back for me though and I believed it until I couldn't sense him through our connection anymore.

He had vanished and left me behind.

Little did I know that he found refuge in human world, a world forbidden to me.

I felt alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Real fast, the whole biting thing, it's not some sort of vampire thing because there's no sucking of blood. Instead they pour spirit energy into the other which creates a bond that can't be broken nor can they be bitten by another. Roxy was bitten by Youko, thus she belongs to him. He would belong to her if she would have bitten him, but yeah, so technically Youko is still available, but now he's in human world so... it gets complicated. I need to sleep now though so if you have questions, please ask and feel free to comment. After work Friday (today) I will edit this chapter as well as add the following. Thank you for reading. I REALLY would like to see some comments. Night all.