Status: Complete

Once Upon a Fox

New Home

I stretched on the tree branch I had taken a nap on earlier in the afternoon and I sighed.

It had been close to nineteen years since Youko disappeared and I was still waiting for his return. I didn't give up on him even when I couldn't feel his spirit energy because his mark on my neck never disappeared, telling me that he could very easily be alive.

Everyone in the Makai liked to remind me that he was dead, but I never believed them. Then again, I was a terrible listener.

Sighing again, I jumped gracefully from the tree and cautiously listened to the sounds around me.

The Makai wasn't safe for anyone anymore with the three demon lords fighting against each other. Demons all around picked sides and got into fights with opposing sides. I didn't support any of the lords, but that put me in more danger than if I did support one.

Hearing that I wasn't in any danger, I casually strolled through the forest, coming to the spot where me and Youko met for the first time and last.

I danced around the clearing, remembering the beautiful fox with a smile on my face.

That's when I froze in mid twirl.

Youko was there. He was in the Makai. I could feel his spirit energy after so long. It was more suppressed, but I knew it was him. I could sense his feelings; his determination that quickly turned into amusement.

My Youko was back.

Squealing in excitement, I instantly sprinted through the woods toward my Youko. I wasn't going to let him get away this time.

Unfortunately I wasn't the greatest with my sense of direction. It took me at least thirty minutes to get out of there when a normal demon would take five.

I paused to ponder where my kitsune was, but he was still too far away.

"This is ridiculous," I groaned, pulling some leaves out of my hair.

My hair had kept it's dull black color with the blue and white streaks, but my roots were red like my ears and tail. I don't how it happened, but the red began to show up after Youko left.

Suddenly I felt that Youko got injured and frustrated. It made me anxious.

I began to sprint again as Youko's emotions clouded my thoughts. None of his feelings made sense to me, but I couldn't take the time to come to conclusions.

After what felt like an hour, but only a couple minutes, I came across a bright blue light that shot up from a rock formation in the distance.

"What...?" I questioned out loud as the light faded.

Quickly shaking myself from my wonder, I rushed toward the tall rock tower.

I knew the fox was there. I was absolutely sure of it.

My speed was insane. A normal human wouldn't have seen my movements, not even a class B demon could. I wanted to take my fox back before he left me again.

In minutes I was jumping from rock parts that jutted out of the tower as I raced to the top where I felt four different energies, including Youko's and the one that was fading fast.

As the energy of one demon vanished, I reached the end of my climb and jumped high into the air only to land gracefully on my toes at the top.

Three pairs of eyes fell on me; angry crimson eyes, annoyed brown eyes, and a pair of surprise, but familiar gold eyes.

"Roxy?" the gorgeous fox demon questioned at the sight of me.

I bowed my head, teasing the kitsune, "Youko."

"Yo, Kurama!" the brown eyed, dark haired demon called. "You know this chick?"

Youko didn't reply, but stared at me in wonder.

The red-eyed demon whose hair defied gravity smirked, "I think we've found the fox's girlfriend."

"Kurama has a girlfriend?!"

That boy looked human to me and I couldn't place why he was demon, but Youko's warm smile shook me from my thoughts.

"Yes, Yusuke," Youko said, staring right into my crimson eyes.

That smile wasn't like Youko. Youko used to be cold and teasing, not warm and kind. He seemed tame. It intrigued me.

"Have you been well?" Youko asked me.

I shrugged, "As well as anyone could be in demon world."

Silence erupted between us; Yusuke and the short demon watched in curiosity.

Youko may have become nicer and everything, but he was still Youko and I couldn't deny my need for him.

I suddenly grinned and tackled my fox demon to the ground, hugging him tightly.

"Where did you go? Why couldn't I sense your energy until now? What happened to you?" I blurted, staring down at the amused fox.

He touched the red in the part of my hair, "Your hair is different."

"Answer my questions!" I whined, sitting up so I was sitting on his stomach.

Youko chuckled and sat up as well, but only a little so he didn't disturb my position.

"That day I died and fled to human world where I took refuge inside a woman's womb. My energy was hidden inside my human self and being back in the Makai caused my demon self to return," he explained.

"Oh..."

"We need to go," the unnamed demon announced. "The portal will be shut off soon."

"Please be patient, Hiei," Youko frowned.

He looked at my neck and gently touched the mark he left many years ago with a single finger.

"Kuronue never let us finish..." Youko whispered.

Yusuke's eyes widened for a second before he scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"I'm happy for you and everything, Kurama, but please keep your demon urges to yourself. Thanks."

I giggled and then suddenly kissed Youko's lips passionately, knocking him over again.

"Disgusting," Hiei scowled, turning away to keep himself from throwing up.

Youko kissed me back, placing one of his hands on the side of my face lovingly and smiled slightly. Then he pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders, his smile warmed.

I pouted, "You're not the same."

"Being in human world has changed me more than I'd like to admit," he chuckled. "Their mannerisms have become my own."

Hiei snickered, but we paid him no mind.

"Do you have to go back? I don't want you to leave again."

"I'm afraid I can't stay, but I may busy myself convincing Koenma to let you live in human world under my watch."

"Koenma won't like that, Kurama," Yusuke pointed out.

Youko continued to stare at me, "If he refuses, then I will come back to demon world. I won't leave you, Roxy."

I once again tackled the kitsune to the ground and I hugged him so tight that he would have been dead if he wasn't a super strong demon.

"Okay, okay. You've had your reunion, but let's get out of here before we're trapped here forever," Yusuke said, getting impatient.

The kitsunes stood together and Youko smiled down at Roxy.

"Are you willing to meet Koenma so soon? We cannot hesitate if we wish to be together."

"Of course I'm willing."

Youko's smile brightened slightly, "Good."

Suddenly I was cradled in Youko's arms and the four of us were headed back to human world.

When we successfully got back into human world, we found ourselves in a cave, the cave where a huge battle was held only an hour before.

"Hey Kuwabara! Koenma!" Yusuke called out to the two figures on the opposite side of the underground lake.

"You're alright!" the two exclaimed.

"Who's the chick?" Kuwabara questioned, noticing me in Youko's arms.

I looked up at Youko to watch him speak, but instead I found an equally gorgeous red-head with emerald green eyes in Youko's place.

"This is Roxy. When I was living in the Makai, we... met and when I entered demon world again, she found me."

"You can't bring her here! She could be dangerous!" Koenma panicked.

"I was hoping we could talk about some sort of arrangement since Roxy is very special to me."

I stared at the red-head, very much attracted to him and touched by his words.

"That's Kurama's girlfriend?!" Kuwabara exclaimed, Yusuke catching him up on the details. "I guess that would explain why Kurama never had one as a human."

Koenma shook his head, ignoring Kuwabara, "I can't let her into human world. She could lose control and create catastrophic problems here."

"I will watch her and keep her out of trouble. She won't leave my sight," Kurama assured.

"Or his bedroom," Hiei muttered under his breath, knowing very well how the bandit was in the Makai.

I heard him and glared, but he wasn't fazed.

Yusuke and Kuwabara started snickering to themselves, but Kurama's gaze kept me from killing them.

"I can't let her stay."

Kurama looked back at Koenma with intense eyes, "Then I wish to live with her in demon world."

"But you're a spirit detective! You're needed here in human world!" Koenma yelled.

"Then let her stay."

I shivered hearing the threat in Kurama's voice. He wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Koenma frowned while he stared at me curled up in Kurama's arms. He finally sighed in defeat and rubbed his temples to soothe his oncoming headache.

"She can stay, but only if she can keep her energy hidden to disguise herself. The other conditions I will have to tell the both of you in private."

Kurama nodded and I smirked, jumping out of the beautiful red-head's arms to stand in front of Koenma.

"So you want me to blend in with the humans?" I challenged.

"To lower suspicions."

Still smirking, I closed my eyes and condensed my spirit energy to the point it was practically invisible.

When I opened my eyes again, I found several surprised eyes on me.

I turned human in seconds.

"H-How?!" the orange haired Kuwabara stuttered.

"Your energy..." Kurama trailed off.

Hiei smirked.

"I had to keep myself busy being all alone in demon world and what better way than to make demons think there's a human in town," I explained proudly.

"Your eyes changed color," Yusuke pointed out. "They're blue."

"Sky blue to be exact," I smiled. "And how do you like my unusually normal black hair? I'm quite fond of it actually."

Koenma nodded in approval, but kept his stern face.

"That is incredible, but you have to stay that way while in human world."

"No problem," I replied, gliding over to Kurama.

I tugged at his sleeve and pouted, "Can we go now? I want to explore this human world you've been hiding in. Can we please?"

Yusuke rolled his eyes, "Typical girl."

"Baka," Hiei muttered.

I wanted to beat down the two of them, but I had to be a good kitsune to stay with Kurama.

Kurama looked up from my pouting face and to Koenma questioningly.

The Spirit World prince sighed and let us go, but he told us he would later send Botan, the grim reaper, to retrieve us for our private talk.

Happily, I held Kurama's hand as he led me out of the cave were we ended up meeting Botan who was too happy to be the grim reaper and Yusuke's girlfriend, Keiko. Then we were on our way to Kurama's house.

"My mother will be pleased to meet you," Kurama mentioned.

"You have a mom? Oh wait... I keep forgetting that you had to grow up again in human world," I blushed at my forgetfulness.

Kurama chuckled, "I find it hard to believe that you forgot since I am very different from my demon self."

"You only look different... and I guess you're more human than before."

My gorgeous kitsune chuckled quietly, staring at me warmly.

I suddenly tackled him to the ground like in demon world, not caring that was in an unfamiliar area; I was simply glad to have my fox back.

"Are you really that happy to see me?" Kurama asked me, apparently not bothered by my random attack.

I nodded into his neck and sighed.

"It's been years since I last saw you and I missed you. I was miserable," I stated.

Kurama pet my head repeatedly, "I'm sorry I left. I didn't want to, but I knew Kuronue was right about how I'd feel. I just didn't expect to leave demon world behind. I would have ignored him if I would have known."

I stared down at the red-head and sighed dreamily.

"What?" he chuckled.

"You're even gorgeous as a human," I replied, twirling a lock of his soft red hair around my finger. "I think I'll like being a human."

Kurama forced me off of him, "Why don't we go home before you lose control."

I scoffed, "I was not going to lose control. I have good self control."

A single finger held my chin up, so I had no choice but to stare into green orbs that shimmered gold.

"There's an attraction between us, Roxy. Don't deny what you feel for I feel the same. We are no longer in demon world, so we must be careful."

My eyes studied Kurama's and I wanted to disobey, but my common sense showed up at the last minute.

"Okay, okay. I guess then let's get out of here so I can meet that human mother of yours," I sighed, standing up and carrying myself in rejection.

Kurama smiled as he stood, his eyes going back to their emerald color as he turned me toward him and kissed my forehead.

"Be patient," he whispered to me and then led me to his home without seeing my flushed face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is not as good as the first, but I'm hungry and dizzy so my thought process is a little crazy. I'll post the last chapter tomorrow and then sometime I'll get my other story up. Please comment. I hate seeing readers and no comments. Makes me a little annoyed. Peace.

P.S. 'baka' is Japanese for 'idiot' 'fool' 'stupid' and the other synonyms for those words. Just if you guys were wondering.