Flip for Me

Love Triangle

Frank’s POV

“I can’t believe you betrayed me like that!” Joey exclaimed once Pete dropped me off back at the apartment. Let me tell you, it was a real fight to even get through the front door. Joey refused to let me in.

“What are you talking about?!” I replied frantically.

“Sleeping with another man, Frank.”

“Joey, we aren’t together. And I didn’t sleep with him. Not like that.”

“Then what did you do all night, huh? I’ve all ready gotten texts and calls from friends saying they heard Gerard say you guys had sex.”

“We didn’t! I just told him that this morning to piss him off. He’s so mean to us. I had to get him back somehow.”

“I don’t believe a word of that, Frank.”

“Joey, listen to yourself! Are you really going to believe Gerard over your best friend?!”

Joey froze. He sighed and went into his bedroom, shutting the door as forcefully as he could without being loud and annoying my neighbors. I shook my head and shouted that I was going to the gym. State was coming up quickly and I needed to get back on my feet and perfect my routines.

When I pulled up to Sylvia Bryant, I scrambled for my sunglasses, lying in the passenger’s seat. I propped them up on my nose and looked toward the dancing wing of SBA. A gorgeous young man was standing outside the door talking to Pete! He had a dance bag with him and was wearing a white t-shirt, shorts, and Converse. I forgot all about Joey and Gerard for a moment and decided to go introduce myself. I grabbed my stuff out of the backseat and made my way towards them.

“Hey, Pete.” I greeted my mentor, taking my sunglasses off.

“Oh, hi, Frank. Didn’t I just get rid of you?” Pete teased.

“Joey was being moody so I left.”

“Ah, well, um, Frank this is Ian. Ian this is Frank. He’s our new dance teacher on the second floor.”

“Oh, to replace that one… chick who got a deal on… Broadway?”

“Yes.”

“Cool. Nice to meet you, Ian. Sorry I don’t know a whole lot about the dancing side of SBA, but welcome.”

“It’s all right.” Ian replied, smiling at me in an almost… flirtatious way. “You must be the Frank in all the pictures and stuff around here.”

“Why, yes I am.”

“Awesome! My wife talks about you a lot. She is a big fan of yours.”

Wife?! Figures. My one chance to stray from the two men thrust upon me in my life and it’s messed up by the wife. Of course.

“Oh, that’s cute. Tell her I said hi. Pete, I’m going to hit the gym.”

“Ok, I’ll be right there.”

“Great meeting you, Ian.”

“You too.”

I smiled and walked away. Of course the cute new kid had to be straight and married! He didn’t even look old enough to drink yet. I shouldn’t be so sour about this. I still have Gerard. If he doesn’t want to chop my balls off by now that is.

I stripped to my leotard and started running around the gym. I needed to clear my thoughts and focus on the upcoming competition. I think I shook Gerard up with my little gag, but it might make him come back ten times stronger with a fire lit under his tight little butt. Stop it, Frank.

I worked through all my routines perfectly, but with absolutely no showmanship. The sense of victory I felt this morning had quickly vanished when Joey started yelling at me. I hate fighting with my friends. Pete walked into the gym clapping as I finished my floor routine.

“Could use a little more poise.” He noted.

“I know.” I panted, walking back toward my bag. “Joey and I had a fight and I’m trying to figure out a way to make things better.”

“Oh, I’m sorry…”

“It’s ok.”

Suddenly I had an idea. Joey asked a long while ago if we could be friends with benefits. I mean, it might be shallow, but I wouldn’t really mind that at all. This sudden change of heart changed my mood as well. Then just as I was about to throw my clothes back on and drive home, Joey appeared next to me. Pete slowly walked away, leaving us alone. A timid, apologetic look laid across Joey’s face. I looked at him, grabbed his face and kissed him.

“I’m sorry, Joey.” I whispered, pulling away. “Can I take you up on that friends with benefits offer?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, shoot. Frankie is in a bit of a fix.
Sorry we've been a little idle for a while.

Comment?
~AsHy