Flip for Me

Regionals Pt. 3

Frank’s POV

“The men’s overall standing will begin in five minutes!” The event’s MC announced.

I was huddled with my little team when this announcement was made. I pulled on my warm-ups and went with Joey to the award’s podium.

“Good luck, Frankie. You did amazing!” Joey gushed, giving me a warm (slightly sweaty) hug.

“So did you! Man, we might both be up there!” I replied.

“What about that Gerard guy?”

“He did really good too, but I’m not worried about him.

“Seriously?”

“I’m a mature man now, Joseph.”

“You’re so odd.”

“I’m ok with that.”

“Third place in pro men’s overall…” The MC began.

Joey and I laced our fingers together, squeezing the life out of each other’s hands.

“Joey Reigart!”

Joey and I screamed like little girls. I gave him a huge hug and then let him go to stand on the podium. He smiled wide as he received his bronze metal and a little bouquet of flowers.

“Second place in men’s overall… Gerard Way!”

Both boo’s and cheers rang throughout the gym. I clapped to be a good sport. Gerard stormed up to the podium and put on an incredibly fake smile. I could tell second place was killing him inside, but oh well.

“And first place… reigning national champion, Frank Iero!”

The gym erupted. I beamed as I accepted my medal and flowers. Gerard shot daggers at me with his eyes. I could care less though. I hugged Joey again. I won!

After a billion photos were taken I could finally get off the podium. I followed Gerard towards his fan.

“Congratulations, Gerard.” I bid him, holding out my hand.

“What do you want?!” He snapped.

“I just wanted to say your routines were amazing.”

“Who the h*ll do you think you are?”

Gerard stepped towards me menacingly. I was taken aback a bit by his anger.

“You think you’re so amazing, Iero. Well, you’re not! I know this is all an act for the cameras. I’m no idiot!”

“I’m not acting! I’m being completely serious!”

“You’re just trying to make me look bad. You think you can just prance around all cute and giggly and make everybody fall in love with you while I am all by myself every single day working my a*s off just to come in second place. I’m tired of it!”

I paused for a second to think of something to say. Gerard looked furious. I decided I wanted to be a little more philosophical.

“You know, Gerard. If you’re really giving all your effort and energy into what you do, you should be happy with second place. I mean, some people are just born for something and others have to work a little bit harder. You’re a really, really good gymnast, Gerard. You should be proud. Hundreds of gymnasts would kill to be in your place.”

“I don’t want your bull sh*t.”

Gerard turned and stormed off. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Joey appeared beside me, shaking his head.

“Man-period much?” He scoffed. “It’s ok, Frankie. Not everyone can see how fabulous you are.”

“Thanks, Joey.” I laughed.

He and I walked back to the SBA team. Everybody cheered. Joey and I took a bow. I went over to Rachel and handed her my huge bouquet of flowers.

“I want you to have these sweetheart.” I beamed. “I’m so sorry you couldn’t compete.”

“Thank you so much, Frank!” She sighed, hugging me the best she could.

“No problem. Just do me one favor.”

“What?”

“Get well soon. I want to see you at State!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramaaaaa!!

Comments pleaseee!!!

~AsHy