I'll Tear Down the Stars for You

Fireworks

Megan’s POV

“Our final act for tonight is a young band from Leipzig. Members are Mike on lead guitar, Jake on rhythm guitar, Joey on Bass, Elliot on drums and Megan as the lead singer. Please welcome, Candlelight!” The small crowd cheered as me and guys walked on to the stage. It was unbelievable how nervous it was... sort of. It was my first small gig and I didn’t want it to go wrong. I wanted the crowd to like me and I wanted our first gig to turn out well. I’m a perfectionist, so what.?

“Hello.! We are Candlelight and we’re going to perform a new song to you called Fireworks,” a “woo” came from the crowd and I looked at the table where all my friends were all grinning at me. Of course.

Elliot tapped his drumsticks to count us all in. Jake began with the introduction and after 28 beats, Elliot came in with the drum beats. After another 4 beats, I began singing the lyrics.

“So this is the end, of you and me
We had a good run, and I'm setting you free
To do as you want, to do as you please
Without me..

“Remember when, you were my boat
And I was your sea
Together we'd float, so delicately

“But that was back when we could talk about
Anything..

“Cuz I don't know, who I am when you're
Running circles in my head
And I don't know, just who you are
When you're sleeping in someone else's bed

“3 whole words, and 8 letters late
And that would've worked, on me yesterday
We're not the same, I wish that could change..
But it can't

“And I say your name, and in the same breath
I say something, that I'll grow to regret
So keep your hands on your chest, and sing with me, that we don't wanna believe

“Cuz I don’t know, who I am when you’re
Running circles in my head
And I don’t know, just who you are
When you’re sleeping in someone else’s bed.”

I looked up into the crowd and spotted the one person I didn’t think would actually be here tonight.

Tom.

I didn’t think he’d care enough to see my first gig. But he was. And it surprised me. Big time. But whatever. I guess he’s here to support me. And I bet he’s loving this song which I actually wrote about him...

I looked straight into his eyes as I sung the final bridge and chorus, making sure he knew that I was singing this song for him, about him, and to him. I prayed that he knew what this song was about, but by the look in his eyes, it was obvious that this song was getting to him and he was finding it hard to keep on listening to it.

“So it's true what they say,
If you love someone you should set them free
Oh it's true what they say, you went and threw it away..

“I don't know who you are, and I don't know who you are
And oh ‘cz I don't know who you are
When you sleep with somebody else
‘Cz I don't know who I am, when you're sleeping with her
And it's true what they say, went and threw it away..”

I grinned as the final chord was played and the song came to an end. The crowd cheered and the odd few were standing up from their seats, making me feel ecstatic. I feel stupid for being so nervous about playing a song in front of a crowd of around 50 people. It was amazing being on stage and singing my heart out with my band members behind me, it’s what I’ve always dreamed of doing, and now here I am. Just. Wow.

“More! More! More! More!” the crowd cheered. An encore? Seriously? I looked over at the presenter of this little gig and he shrugged his shoulders at me, so I turned to Mike and grinned at him, earning a grin back from him and screamed through the microphone,

“Our final song tonight is going to be That’s What You Get!”

Once again, Elliot counted the 4 beats and Mike, Jake and Joey instantly began to play their chords at the same time as Elliot began his drum beats. 16 beats in and I began to sing the lyrics.

“No sir, well I don’t wanna be the blame, not anymore
It’s your turn, so take a seat we’re settling the final score
And why do we like to hurt, so much?

“I can’t decide
You have made it harder just to go on
And why, all the possibilities where I was wrong.

“That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa
That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating
And that’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

“I wonder, how am I supposed to feel when you’re not here
Cause I burned every bridge I ever built when you were here
I still try holding onto silly things, I never learn
Oh why, all the possibilities I’m sure you’ve heard.

“That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa
That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating
And that’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

“Pain, make your way to me, to me
And I’ll always be just so inviting
If I ever start to think straight
This heart will start a riot in me
Let’s start, start, hey!

“Why do we like to hurt so much?
Oh why do we like to hurt so much?

“That’s what you get when you let your heart win!
Whoa

“That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa
That’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

“Now I can’t trust myself with anything but this
And that’s what you get when you let your heart win, whoa”

I grinned at the small crowd as they once again cheered for us, giving them a quick “thank you” followed by a wave before running off the stage and grabbing a bottle of water from a stage assistant.

“That was amazing guys!” I cheered, hugging each of them in turn.

“I know! Oh my God I feel on top of the world after that!” Jake laughed, clapping his hands and jumping in up and down. We all had a s suspicion that he was gay, but he had a girlfriend which sort of put a burden in the way of him actually admitting it.

“Dude, we should really go to a record company after being asked to do an encore by the crowd!” Mike grinned.

“You think we should?” I asked, taking a large gulp from my water and putting the lid back onto it.

“Hell yes I do! Just think, we could make it, and if we don’t try, we could miss a chance so we might as well give it a go!” he grinned at me, taking my water bottle and taking a swig from it.

“We’ll call some record company’s and try and book ourselves in,” I replied, taking my water bottle back from Mike and walking into my changing room to change out of the clothes I wore for when I performed and into fresh clothes.

***

“Babe! You were fucking amazing up there! Oh my God. I’m so proud of you baby!” Ben cheered as I walked up to the table of all my friends and sitting on his lap, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. “Seriously Megan. You did it, I’m proud of you baby,”

“Okay Ben, what do you want?” he only winked at me causing me to roll my eyes back at him.

“Megan?” I looked away from Ben’s face to see Tom standing before you. “You. You were really good up there,” he smiled.

“Thanks Tom,” I replied.

“How long have you guys been together?” he asked.

“You should know. We were together when I lived with you before all this... shit happened,” I shrugged.

“Yeah but it’s been such a long time, I sort of forgot,” he muttered.

“It’s now 2 years,” I informed him, just as Megan walked over with Robbie, Hayley and Emily.

“That was really good Megan. Well done guys!” mom congratulated, not noticing Tom staring at her as she stood in front of me.

“Hi Ebony,” mom looked to her side and froze as she saw Tom smiling at her.

“Uhhh hi,” she replied, quickly looking away to face me again.

“Excuse me,” we looked to up to see a tall man in a suit and a brief case standing behind Tom and Ebony. “I don’t mean to interrupt, but could I have a word with Candlelight please?” we looked at each other and then back at the man who we didn’t know. “Sorry, I forgot to mention. I’m Geoff Berg from Triebstoff Records,” my jaw instantly dropped to the floor. “May we have a word with you?”

“S. Sure,” I stuttered, instantly following Geoff to a back room with my guys.

“So. I saw your performance up on stage, and for saying you’re all only 17, I think you have an extreme talent, plus you have a knack of performing; the crowd certainly enjoyed your performance tonight. So I was thinking, pop down to the recording studio tomorrow and we’ll talk about contracts. How does that sound?”

“Wow,” was all I could think of to say. My dream was finally coming true.

“Will you be able to do that, Megan? You’re going wedding dress shopping with your mom tomorrow,” Joey asked me.

“Yeah, but that’s at like, 9 in the morning, so we can always go over in the afternoon?” I looked over at Geoff to see what he would say.

“2pm? Is that time alright for you?” he asked, looking deep into my eyes.

“Yeah that’s fine with me. I’ll tell my mom we have to finish early though, but I’m sure she’ll understand because this is like, my dream coming true and, and, and. I’ll shut up,” Geoff chuckled at me as did Elliot, who earned an elbow in the stomach from me.

“Well. I’ll leave you all to celebrate with your friends and family. I’ll see you all tomorrow at 2pm at the front of Triebstoff Records Studio,” we all nodded our heads at Geoff with wide grins on our faces. He smiled at us and left the back room, leaving us all jumping and squealing. We leapt into a group hug and screamed once before laughing at each other.

But what can we so? We could be getting a record contract tomorrow!

Our dreams have almost been made.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - you me at six - fireworks
I'M SEEING THEM IN 43 DAYS WITH MY BEST FRIEND FROM SPAIN. gunna be the best time ever :3
Megan's concert outfit
Megan's outfit aftet the concert
i wrote this chapter last night. I came home from college today because I'm ill and because I thinkt hat this chapter sucks, i'm gunna start on the next chapter. OH.! and the final chapter of this story is chapter 29, so it's nearly over (: