I'll Tear Down the Stars for You

Many of Horors

Megan’s POV

The car ride was pretty much silent due to the fact that I we were all deep in thought. I was thinking about the fact that I may be getting a record deal with my band. I was shitting myself over it because what if it goes wrong or they don’t like us this time round?

The way that this had happened for me and the guys reminded mom of Tom because this is how he and the rest of Tokio Hotel started out, causing her happy attitude to be thrown out of the window and letting the sulking walk straight through the front door.

“Mom?” time to break the silence. “Do you have an idea of what dress what you want?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I’ve been here before and found the dream dress. So we shouldn’t take too long. We should be done in time to collect the guys and take you to the studio,” she smiled at me, opening the door for Hannah and I.

“The guys are collecting me, so you can take all the time you want getting the dress re-sized and what not,” I smiled back, following her around the shop till we found a member of staff to ask for help.

“What’s this about a studio? You’re going to go see Tom?” Hannah looked at me with a confused look.

“No,” I grinned.

“Then what are you two going on about? I feel so out of the loop,” Hannah whined.

“That’s what you get for being pregnant,” I giggled, earning a shove from Hannah.

“Yesterday Megan performed a song at a small gig, right?” Hannah nodded her head. “Well, they got an encore, so they performed another song and afterwards, a guy came over to talk to us, and Megan, you tell Hannah the rest,” I looked over at Hannah to see her looking back at me with eager eyes.

“Geoff Berg from Triebstoff Records wants to see me and the guys today about a contract deal,” I beamed.

“Congratulations hunny! I’d hug you, but my big ass stomach is in the way,” Hannah grinned at me, giving me a high 5 instead. Just as good as a hug, to be honest with you.

“Hello. How can I help you today?” we all turned to come face to face with a tall blonde lady who had a fake smile plastered on her face.

“I came here a few weeks ago and found a dress I liked and I’m here today to get it re-sized,” the lady nodded at us.

“Which dress was it?” she asked.

“This one,” mom told her in a “duh” tone, raising her arm up at the lady, showing her the chosen dress.

“Ah, yes. That one. Come with me and I’ll measure you up so we can get the dress sorted out for you. It may take a little while though,” she informed us, turning on her heel and walking away. I guess that was our queue to follow her to another room which had a mirror and a changing room in it.

“Stand in front of the mirror and I’ll measure you up,” I sat down on a plastic chair and watched as the measurements on mom were made. It only took a matter of minutes but we now had to wait at least an hour for the dress to be fitted for mom.

***

“Here you go. If you would like to go to the changing room to put it on and see if it fits,” the lady instructed. I sat up in my seat after being bored stiff for a full 90 minutes.

Mom walked to the changing room and closed the door, leaving me and Hannah to flop back down in our chairs and sigh out of boredom. Why did I come along? The exact same thing happened when mom and Tom got married, and I was bored stiff then too. Plus, I was 6 years old, I bet I was a lot to handle while waiting for the dress to be fitted to mom’s size.

“Well?” I looked to my right to see mom standing in the doorway of the dressing room, her dress on and looking gorgeous. I opened my mouth, but no words came out, I probably looked like a fish.

“You look amazing,” Hannah whispered for the both of us. A smile formed on mom’s face, but a tear fell from her eye. From happiness? She certainly didn’t look happy.

“Mom what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I don’t know if I’m making the right choice,” she whispered to us.

“What do you mean?” Hannah chipped.

“I mean. Should I marry mark? You know what he does to me! And it’s all because I still love Tom. Do I go back to him now? Or just go on with marrying Mark? If I leave Mark, how do I it? When do I do it? What do I do if he comes after me? All these things I can’t stop thinking about. It might just be easier for me to stay with Mark, but I’m not happy with him and it’s not fair on any of us, but. Eugh. It’s so complicated and I can’t cope with it all right now,” she sighed, running her hands along the dress material.

“You still love him,” I whispered. “You do. And you need him. It’s so obvious, and it all makes sense,” sudden silence filled the room, and the lady who was awkwardly watching us quickly left the room leaving us alone to think about what I had just said.

“I’m getting mixed reviews, As you go by, And I’m wanting to know, How to get you by my side. You seem, So curious when we’re talking, And I know, All I’m thinking is when, Will this end.”

I quickly got my phone out of my pocket and answered, to hear Joey’s voice telling me that him and the guys were waiting outside for me. I quickly stood up and grabbed my jacket, slipping it on and rushing to the door, turning to face mom and Hannah.

“I don’t want you to marry Mark,” I told her, closing the door behind me and exiting the shop.

***

“Okay. So. Have you got a song to play for me?” Geoff asked as we sat around a table.

“We have. It’s called Many of Horror,” Elliot informed him.

“Alright,” he nodded his head. “Go behind the glass window and perform it to me. I will decide if I want to sign you guys on,” shit. My hands began to shake as we entered the sound room and plugged in our instruments and turned them.

With a deep breath, we began to play one of the most recent songs we had written. If we messed up once, this could be the end of it.

“You say ‘I love you, girl’
I know you lie
I trust you all the same
I don’t know why

“Cos when my back is turned
My bruises shine
Our broken fairytale
So hard to hide

“I still believe
It’s you and me to the end of time

“When we collide we come together
If we don’t we’ll always be apart
I’ll take a bruise, I know you’re worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard.

“Sitting in a wishing hall
Hoping is stays right
Feet cast in solid stone
I got Gilligan’s eyes.

“I still believe
It’s you and me to the end of time.

“When we collide we come together
If we don’t we’ll always be apart
I’ll take a bruise, I know you’re worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard

“Cos you said our love
Is letting us go, guess what
Our future is for
Many of horror
Our future’s for
Many of horror

“I still believe
It’s you and me to the end of time

“When we collide we come together
If we don’t we’ll always be apart
I’ll take a bruise, I know you’re worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard.”

I sighed deeply and wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes. Another personal song, but me and my family were going through a lot at the moment.

We exited the sound room to be welcomed by the sound of clapping. That’s a good thing, right?

“I take it you’re going through a lot at the moment, Megan?” Geoff asked me.

“Uhh yeah you could say that. Why?” I asked him, fidgeting with my hands.

“You can tell by your songs. You can tell that you’ve written the lyrics straight from your heart and that you’re expressing your feelings through music. I like that in a band,” I couldn’t help but smile at Geoff. He was complimenting us. That’s also good, right?

“I’ve made my mind up now too,” shit, shit, shit. We all stared at Geoff as if our lives depended on it. Well, it did. But that’s beside the point.

“Guys?” we grabbed each other’s hands and waited for Geoff to tell us his decision. It was like one of those crappy competitions you see on TV. “And the winner is ... find out after the break.” Now I know how the contestants feel. It’s an agonizing wait.

“... We have a deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - biffy clyro - many of horrors
(L) love that song atm. :D
blah. i know. another song in this chapter. but whatever. :D it was an extremely *can't spell that word* fast update :D
reviews.? *free cookies for everyone who does*