I'll Tear Down the Stars for You

Common Denominator

Megan’s POV

I sighed as I raised my hand to knock three times on the door that I was facing.

I heard hard footsteps walking towards the door, followed by the door being unlocked and opening the slightest. I looked straight into his eyes, waiting for him to open the door the rest of the way.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“I need to speak to you about a couple of things,” I shrugged.

“Talk to me about what?”

“Well if you let me in, then I can tell you,” I glared at him, a hand now on my hip. I waited for him to open the door wider for me and step back to let me into the house. After taking my shoes off, I walked straight into the living room and plonked down on a sofa, Tom following my every step.

“So. You wanted to talk to me?” He asked, looking deep into my eyes.

“Yeah I did. First the good news,” I looked up at him to make sure he was listening to me. “Me and my band mates have got a record deal with Triebstoff Records,” I beamed. A large smile spread across Tom’s face.

“When did this happen? After the gig you did the other day?” Tom sounded so proud of me. But I guess he’s bound to. I am his first child getting a record contract and following in his footsteps. I guess him and Uncle Bill were an inspiration to me when I was a little girl.

“After the gig, Geoff Berg asked to speak to us, right?” he nodded his head at us. “So we did. He asked us if we could go to the studio to perform a song and then he’d decide if he wants to sign us on or not. We went to the studio yesterday and performed a new song of ours; Many of Horrors. When he was making his decision, dude, I was shitting myself!” Tom chuckled at my expression. “But he said yes to us, which is all good, and now we’re going to be big. Just like you dad!”

“You. You called me dad,” Tom whispered.

“...I did.” I whispered back. “I guess it’s just because I want my old family back. I hate having Mark around. I knew something was up with him, which made me a bit iffy with him, but now it’s all clear why he was like that towards us, especially mom. And seeing as you love mom, and mom loves you, I want everything back to normal again,” I shrugged. “It’s not the same without you around. We need you,” I whispered, a tear in my eye.

“There’s nothing we can do about it though. Ebony refuses to leave Mark because he could attack or kill any of us out of hatred and frustration. You’ve seen what he has done, and I’m sure he can do worse which is what Ebony has a fear of. We have to give Ebony time and work out how she wants to deal with this, if she wants to, that is,” he shrugged. Is he serious? He’s happy to let Ebony move away from Mark in her own time? If he knew her like he should after knowing her so long, he should know that she won’t move away from him that easily when she has a fear of him. She’s just weird like that.

“But her hen night is tomorrow, and the wedding is next week. Mark’s a bastard and booked the wedding far too soon, giving everyone no time to get everything ready. Once I’ve done here, I have to go looking for a bridesmaid dress. See? No time to get ready at all, but that’s not going to stop mom. It’s not going to be the perfect wedding-“

“Because she had that with me,” Tom interrupted.

“Okay. It’s not going to be the second best wedding. Probably the worst. And it’s a fact that mom won’t back from it now, no matter how bad she knows how bad it’s going to be. And that’s where you come in,” I looked over at Tom to see a confused look in his face.

“Huh?”

“On her wedding day, I know this is really harsh and everything, but I think you should object before the “I do’s” happen,” I told him.

“And how would I do this?” he asked, sitting up straight in the chair.

“I was thinking, have you got an invite to the wedding?” he shook his head, looking away from me. “Oh of course. Mark wouldn’t want you there. Anyway, you would enter the church, you must be wearing a suit by the way, and you simply state that Ebony can’t marry Mark, walking up the aisle and explaining why. You can even tell everyone about what Mark has been doing to Ebony,” I sent Tom and evil grin, and he smirked back at me.

“You think it will word?” I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know. But it’s worth a try,” he nodded his head at me.

“Yeah I’m in. Anything to get Ebony away from Mark and back into my arms,”

“Awwh. You’re so cute,” I patted his cheek twice and stood up from the sofa. “I best get going to look at dresses for the wedding. Will you be going to my concert?” I asked him.

“You’re doing a concert already?” he looked at me with widened eyes causing me to laugh.

“You’ve heard of LaFee, right?” he nodded his head. “She’s doing a small concert two days before the wedding and our manager, Rob, has organised for us to play as a support act. He mentioned how I’m a huge fan of LaFee which got us straight in because it would be “a great opportunity for me and the band, and it could make a great start for a career”. We’re planning on our last song being performed with LaFee herself and there’s going to be special effects and everything. It’s going to be amazing. You should be there,” I grinned at him.

“I’ll try my best to be there,” he grinned back. “Oh! Before you leave, can you do me a favour in return?”

“Uhh sure,” I sat down on the sofa so that he could tell me what he wanted me to do, but instead, he darted off up the stairs. What the fuck? But I was only left wondering where he had gone for a few minutes when he came back and taking a seat beside me again, his acoustic guitar in hand.

“I wrote this song myself. The lyrics and guitar chords. I want you to hear it before I ask Bill to learn it so that it can be put on the next album,” I nodded my head at him and waited for him to begin to play the guitar as well as sing. Yeah, Tom Kaulitz singing. Wow.

“Just a fraction of your love fills the air,
And I fall in love with you all over again,
You’re the light that feeds the sun in my world,
I’d face a thousand years of pain for my girl.

“Out of all the things in life that I could fear,
The only thing that would hurt me is if you weren’t here,
Woah.

“I don’t want to go back,
To just being one half of the equation,
Do you understand what I’m sayin’?

“Girl without you I’m lost,
Can’t fix this compass at heart,
Between me and love,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh ohh, oh,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh, ohh, oh.

“Before your love was low, playin’ girls was my high,
You changed the game now I put my card in the side, aye,
When broken hearts rise up to say love is a lie,
You and I will stand to be love’s reply, yeah.

“Out of all the things in life that I could fear, yeah,
The only thing that would hurt me is if you weren’t here, here, here,
Yeah, Yeah.

“I don’t want to go back,
To just being one half of the equation,
Do you understand what I’m sayin’?

“Girl without you I’m lost,
Can’t fix this compass at heart,
Between me and love,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh, ohh, oh,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh, ohh, oh.

“I can’t imagine life without your touch,
And every kiss that you give, you fill me up,
And through all the heart achin’ and jealous females hatin’,
I’mma hold it down for you, you.

“Oh, whoa...
You’re the common denominator,
Oh, yeah, woahh,
I don’t wanna go back.

“I don’t wanna go back,
To just being one half of the equation,
Do you understand what I’m sayin’?
Girl without you I’m lost,
Can’t fix this compass at heart,
Between me and love,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh, ohh, oh,
You’re the common denominator, oh, oh, ohh, oh.

“Just a fraction of your love fills the air,
And I fall in love you all over again...”

“You seriously wrote that?” he nodded his head, beaming at me. “That’s really good! I’m guessing you wrote that about mom?” he sheepishly nodded his head and looked away from me. “I’m sure she’ll love it,”

“You think so?” he looked back up at me with an unsure look.

“I know so. Anyway, I best get going. See you at the concert?” he nodded his head and I gave him a “safe” and then walked out of his house, grinning from ear to ear. Mission accomplished.

Tom’s POV

“So in about 2 months, the album should be finished and the song “From Yesterday” shall be released, am I right?” David asked us and we all nodded in agreement. Well, I didn’t. I couldn’t help but think about what I spoke to Megan about. Would I be up for doing it?

“Okay guys. I’ll see you all tomorrow in the studio to finish the final song. Go get some rest,” we nodded our heads and stood up to leave, but I pulled Bill back so that we could walk behind the others.

“What’s bothering you, Tom?” Bill asked me.

“I spoke to Megan this morning. She wants me to go to Ebony’s wedding and stop it from happening,” Bill widened his eyes at me. “Megan told me that Ebony doesn’t want to marry Mark after what he’s doing to her, but like I’ve said before, she’s scared of leaving Mark. Megan doubts that Ebony will leave Mark before the wedding, so she thinks I should stop it,”

“And?” Bill pulled on my arm to stop me from walking.

“And I agreed to it. I don’t want Ebony and the kids living in hell while I’m living a great life, just because of one bastard. I want to be there for them. And do you know what Megan said to me?” he shook his head and motioned for me to continue with what I was saying. “She told me that she wants the old family back. She wants everything back to normal as if any of this shit never happened. And then she said,” I swallowed back the tears. “She said that it’s not the same without me around and that they need me. That’s why I’m determined to do this. To have everything back to what it was. To make both Ebony and I happy again,”

“But do you think you will actually go through with it?” Bill asked me. I looked straight into his eyes, searching for something. But I couldn’t find that something because I didn’t know what I was looking for

“I don’t know,” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - justin bieber - comment denominater
*song played by tom in this chapter too*
i love him atm :3
OMLLLLLL. 2 updates in one day.?! i think i'm coming down with something.! i'm never good with updates. wow. *blinks*
I DIED WHEN I SAW THIS PICTURE. *clicky clicky*
comments.? oh. and 6 chapters left.!