This Is Becoming a Catastrophe

This Is Becoming A Catastrophe Ch.10

One Month Later...

I’ve been afraid to leave Colby by himself ever since him and Kyle split. One slight mention or reminder of him basically sent Colby into hysterics. We’ve been switching off whose house the other stays at for the night, and he sometimes just stays with Alisha when I feel the need to be by myself. The days and nights I’m by myself, I usually go to Kyle’s house and see how he’s doing. He hasn’t tried to put any moves on me, which is a bonus. Derek and Kyle are going out, but Colby doesn’t know that. Neither of them have spoken since that night, and it’s taking a toll on both of them. Kyle misses Colby, but not to the intensity that Colby is missing him.
Tonight Alisha is hanging out with Colby, so I’m going to confront Kyle about this situation and see if we can resolve this whole mess.
I opened the door and saw Kyle sitting on the couch, watching a movie.
“Hey.” He said, smiling, turning the TV off.
“Hey.” I said, sitting on the couch. “Okay, we need to talk.”
“I know, I could tell.” He said. “What’s up?”
“Colby misses you, beyond a point of comprehension for me. I’m afraid to leave him alone because of what he might do to himself. You need, need, to get back together. One mention of you in conversation with him basically sends him into tears, and it’s starting to become too much for me to handle.”
“Well what should I do about Derek?” Kyle asked.
“Dump him, obviously. He’s not worth it. I can tell you’re not happy, either. You’re not the same person you were when you were with Colby.”
“Well I’m pretty sure he made it crystal clear that he didn’t want anything to do with me anymore.” Kyle said in a monotonous tone, looking at the floor.
“Don’t believe any of that bullshit he said. That was just a bluff. He needs you, Kyle. Please.” I begged.
Kyle sighed, but said nothing.
“Just go over to Colby’s house and talk to him. Then call Derek and dump his ass.”
That made Kyle smile a little. “Are you sure you want me to do this?”
“Yes, I’m positive. And not to sound selfish or anything, but it would be nice for Alisha and I to have some alone time every once in a while.”
That made Kyle laugh out loud. “Alright, I’ll go over there.”
“Right now?”
“Right now.”
I hugged him tightly. “Are you doing this because I told you to or because you want to? ‘Cause I don’t want you doing something you don’t wanna do.”
Kyle leaned out of our hug. “I’ve been wanting to do this for a month now. It’s beyond a ‘want to’ status.”
We both got up and went to Colby’s house.
“Now stay out here, I’m gonna bring him out here so you two can talk by yourselves.”
He nodded and I went in.
“Hey Caleb, I thought you weren’t coming over tonight?” Colby asked. Him and Alisha were sitting, facing each other on the couch, probably talking about cute guys or gossiping about whatever they’ve heard.
“I wasn’t, but there was a change of plans. Could you come outside with me for a minute?” I asked.
“Sure.” He said, getting off the couch. “What is this—”
I opened the door in the middle of his sentence and he immediately stopped when he saw Kyle. I could tell that he wanted to run into his arms and break down into sobs, but he refrained from doing that, at least for now.
“What are you doing here?” Colby asked in a small voice, trying to hide how happy it made him to see Kyle. It wasn’t working so well.
Kyle just smiled. “A little birdie told me that you missed me.” He looked at his feet, putting his hands in his sweatshirt.
“Oh?” Colby asked, smiling, looking at me.
I just smiled and said nothing.
“Can we talk?” Kyle asked, stepping out of Colby’s way so he could come out of the doorway.
Colby walked out and closed the door behind him. I went and sat on the couch with Alisha.
“What is going on here, Caleb?” Alisha asked, confused.
“They missed each other. A lot. I just decided to speed up the process of getting them back together.” I said, giving her a big hello kiss.
“I thought Kyle was with Derek?” She asked.
“Not for long.” I said, trying to get a good view of their conversation, but their couch wasn’t placed close enough to the window for me to look out. “Lets just hope this whole thing ends out well.”
“I have a very good feeling it will.” Alisha said, smiling at me, snuggling into me. I put my arms around her. I saw that she had a cup of steaming hot chocolate on the end table. I reached for it and took a sip.
“Hey! That’s mine!” She said.
I smirked and took out the black box I attempted to pull out for her what seems like forever ago. “What’s yours is mine.” I said quietly, opening the box.
She gasped and covered her mouth.
“And what’s mine is yours.” I finished, getting off the couch and going on one knee. “Will you marry me?”
She looked overjoyed and nodded. I smiled and put the ring on her finger. She scooted onto the floor and attacked me in a huge hug and kisses.
“I love you, Caleb.” She whispered.
“I love you, too, Alisha.”
I heard a sniffle from behind us. I looked to see Kyle and Colby standing, hand in hand, watching us. Colby was the one that sniffled.
“Oh my god, that was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I’m so happy for you two.” Colby said.
I got up and hugged him tightly. “Thanks.” I looked at Kyle. “Did you call Derek?”
He nodded.
“And?”
“We’re done.”
I smiled. “Great. So everything’s fine and dandy with you two?”
“Perfect.” Colby said, letting go of me and kissing Kyle. “Almost as if nothing ever happened.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this last part is so short. I would've put it with the previous chapter, but then the odd number would've bugged me. .__.