‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

Preparing For War

Rene and Greta looked after Renesméand Orla as the rest of us went for a walk in a secluded forest near the hotel. Henry and I walked hand in hand, and as Rollo passed us with Fionghuala, he playfully slapped my butt. I snarled at him and brought him down in less than a second. “Have you forgotten I am no longer human? I am vampire boy, same as you. And I don’t take no crap from my ex-boyfriend or you.”

“I was just playing around!” said Rollo as Fionghuala snorted. “Gosh, can’t anyone take a freaking joke?”

“We are in a time of warfare, Mr. Rollo,” said Carlisle sternly. “This is not a time for joking.”

We reached a beautiful, green and secluded meadow and stopped. “Right, since you Carson’s have no idea on how to take on wolves,” began Jasper as he pulled Emmett up front with him. “We are going to help you form a plan of attack. Now, Em, get down on all fours and without warning, jump and attack.”

Within the blink of an eye, Emmett attacked, and was pinned by Jasper. “It’s all a matter of judging when your opponent will attack. Since I kept my guard up, I was able to bring him down. How about we have a demonstration?”

Somehow, I was pushed forward and forced to demonstrate. “Now, who will duel Gia?” asked Jasper.

“I’ll do it,” said Bella as she walked to the front. There were a few whistles from the Cullens, and she turned and blew Edward a kiss before facing me. “I’ll be the attacker. Think you can take me?”

“Bitch, if I can take on a pack of wolves by myself, I can take you,” I said.

Bella got into position, and I stood there, unleashing all my vampire senses. I knew when she was going to attack me, and after a few seconds of struggle, she was down.

“Well, at least you weren’t easy prey,” I said, helping Bella to her feet. “You are a worthy opponent. For a second there, I thought you would have escaped from my hold.”

“Excellent Gia!” exclaimed Carlisle. “Now, we should have Henry have a go with Edward next.”

The two of them shook hands, and Edward got down on all fours. With a roar like a lion, Edward attacked Henry. I could hear flesh being torn as they fought, and cringed as the battle waged on. After several minutes, Edward had pinned Henry down. “Are you fucking serious?” asked Rollo as he walked up to Edward. “Look at what he did to Henry! That’s cheating! I’m gonna break your dead body boy!”

“Rollo don’t!” cried George Carson as he pulled his son’s Hollister shirt to try to hold him back.

“Rollo Carson, do you not think that the enemy will use any means necessary to bring any one of us down?” asked Carlisle. “What Edward did was show the prime example of deception and deviation that wolves are capable of executing in battle.”

Henry got up, and I ran to his side, wiping the black blood on his face and neck. “Are you okay?” I whispered.

“I’ll be fine,” said Henry as George put his hands on either side of Henry’s head. The cuts healed instantly, and Rollo continued to scowl.

“Let me fight one of you,” he growled. “Give me your best warrior. Come on, I can take it. Who’s it gonna be?”

Emmett walked up to him, his muscles rippling through his tight black Abercrombie and Fitch shirt. He smiled cockily, almost as if to say “bring it, bitch.”

“Kick his ass baby!” cried Rosalie as she flipped her perfect blonde hair and blew him a kiss. Alice shot her a dirty look.

“We are supposed to be helping, not making things worse!” she snarled.

Rollo grinned. “If I take you down, I get to kick your Barbie girlfriend’s ass next.”

“And if I succeed?”

“You can take Fionghuala,” smirked Rollo. “As if that would ever happen… I wouldn’t go as far as to let you get within two inches near her.”

“Stop the chit chat and kick some ass!” I shouted, and then blushed. “Sorry, I’m getting into all this is all…”

Rollo winked at me and turned to face Emmett. It was like watching two gods face off as Emmett pounced and tried to tackle Rollo. The two of them thrashed and kicked and bit and punched for what seemed like hours. It was hard to judge who was winning since everything was a blur. After several minutes, both of them lay panting and bleeding on the floor.

“Stalemate,” gasped Rollo. “We’re at an impasse. I couldn’t overtake him…”

“And I sure as hell couldn’t get him to submit,” said Emmett. “So the both of us are equals now. Both strong warriors.”

“I’ll drink to that,” I smiled as I ran to hug Rollo. “It’s like Carlisle said. We are here to unite and fight against the wolves. If we divide, we fall. United we stand against this. And now, we are all at equal standing, are we not?”

“You may have taken Bella, but you have not had the best of me,” said a voice from behind me.