‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

Fight With Us, Not Against Us

Rosalie walked up to me, and I began to get butterflies in my stomach. She looked like she could kick my ass to the moon and back again, and was so beautiful all at the same time. A dangerous beauty.

"I don't really think it would be good for me to fight you Rosalie," I said nervously. "I mean, Bella was a challenge enough, and I think I've had enough for today."

"What's wrong? Scared to fight me?" said Rosalie, an evil smirk coming across her beautiful face.

"Now Rose-" began Carlisle.

“Don’t back down, go for it dang it,” said Rollo as he gave me a nudge that almost made me fall flat on my face. “If you can’t hold her down, dad will fix you up… No matter how bad she tears into you, I’m sure dad will be able to fix you.”

“That’s reassuring,” I said to Rollo through gritted teeth. I cleared my throat, and the butterflies swarmed faster in my stomach. “Alright, I accept the challenge.”

I walked up to Rosalie, and nervously took my stance. The wind blew her soft, long blonde hair behind her, making her look like a model, striking a pose that would kill. Exactly what she was aiming for.

She jumped, and I screamed, trying to fight her off of me. I pushed with all my might, and the two of us were on the floor, beating the crap out of each other. She tore at my hair, and I punched her in the face as hard as I could.

“Why won’t you give in?” growled Rosalie as she elbowed me in the stomach. I groaned. “I guess you are a lot stronger than I thought you were…”

“I have the will NOT to be taken,” I said as I kicked her off of me. “I’ve fought against such evil that I had never seen before, and somehow managed to stay alive. I will NEVER lose.”

Rosalie stood there panting and clutching her stomach as I lay there on the floor, gasping for air. Henry ran to me, and picked me up. He brushed the dirt and leaves out of my curly brown hair, and held me as I cried. Rosalie did not go easy on me. She did everything but.

My body was wracked with pain, and Henry helped prop me to stand as I faced Rosalie, who was in Emmett’s arms. “Thanks Rose. If I was human, I’d be put in a full body cast right now.”

“You weren’t little-miss-pushover either,” scowled Rosalie. “God, when you hit, you hit hard…”

I leaned on Henry a bit more, as my legs began to buckle. “You know Rosalie, I don’t think you really help at all. This whole get together was not about who is stronger than who. It was about us uniting and kicking wolf ass. Now, if you only came here to kick my family’s ass, go home. You are not needed for that here.”

Rosalie’s face changed, as if she finally realized what she was here for. “I’m not saying we don’t need you,” I said quickly. “You are one of the strongest vampires we have here. We need you more than ever, but not if you won’t stand with the rest of us.”

“I would be glad to stand with you and fight,” said Rosalie as she stumbled towards me and gave me a hug. “Ow, God you sure know how to cause some major damage…”

“You too,” I groaned as I patted her on the back gently. “I think we should be heading back. My motherly instincts sense that Orla misses me and Henry. And I’ll bet Renesmé misses her mom and dad too…”
* * *
As I boarded the plane with baby Orla and Henry, I looked back at the beauty of Italy once more. God, I had some nice times here. My beautiful honeymoon, which gave me my beautiful baby, and then there was the fighting. Oh well, Italy was not a bore, that much I could say.

I was sad to be leaving Italy once more, but glad that I was going home with friends. New friends who would be staying with us as we prepared for an all out war with my ex boyfriend’s Brethren of Wolves. This was not going to be pretty.

I kissed Orla, and held her close against my dead heart. If it could beat, it would beat for her and Henry. I was nervous to be going back home, back where it all began. I closed my eyes, and thought back to when I first met Henry. How he had kept his vampire secret from me, up until I had cut myself in his house, and his whole family was out for my blood. My ex boyfriend Andrew Blood came back into my life, and told me he was a wolf, and then his leader goes and turns me into a wolf. Thank God for loopholes, cause if it wasn’t for one, I would not be a vampire right now. And now that the Brethren leader Cicero is dead, it is all out war between the vamps and the wolves. Can’t wait for all of that!

I felt a wetness on my neck, and realized it was Orla giving me a kiss… with a lot of spit. “Thanks Orla,” I said, kissing her cheek. “You are such a sweet little baby!”

“Love you mama,” giggled Orla as she gently touched my face. Instantly, I zoned out, and was put into this world of falling hearts, unicorns, and rainbows. I looked around, and there was Orla, laughing on a cloud, floating in front of me.

“What is this place?” I asked Orla, looking about. “Where is mommy?”

“Happy Land!” cried Orla as she giggled in her usual adorable fashion. With a blink of her eye, there was a popping sound, and Henry appeared at my side, astonished.

“Where the-”

“I have no idea my love,” I said. “Orla said it was ‘Happy Land,’ but I still don’t understand…”

“Well, it is rather nice here,” said Henry as he pet a unicorn. “I wonder how she was able to bring us here…”

“THAT’S IT!” I cried. “This is her TALENT! She can trap people in her little worlds. OH MY GOD! We could USE her in the war!”

“NEVER-”

“Henry Carson, if it is the difference between life and death, we will use this,” I said firmly.

“We will get Carlisle to examine this talent first,” said Henry. “I want this clear that she cannot get hurt in this damn world.”

“If it is her world, don’t you think that she would have something protecting her?” I asked. “Watch…”

I ran towards Orla’s cloud, playing like I was about to knock her over. I hit an invisible shield, and fell down. “Now, do you think she wouldn’t protect herself Henry?”