‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

FINALE AT LAST PART 2

“I’ll do it for you!” growled Henry as he began to squeeze Andrew’s head like a melon. Andrew began to scream, and the Brethren wolves began to growl and circle us.

“ENOUGH!” cried Nausicaia as she raised her hands above her. She brought down her hands, and all of the wolves fell to the ground. “We shall put these beasts of burden someplace where they will bother no one… But where?”

“I know!” cried Orla as she wobbled up towards her. She closed her eyes, and before any of us knew it, the Brethren had disappeared. “Trapped.”

Nausicaia looked down at Orla, and smiled at her. “You are something special my dear,” she said as she picked Orla up and kissed her on the forehead. “Thank you for saving us all. And to think a mere child has just ended the vampiric-Breathren war…”

“Well, that’s my little girl,” I said as I took Orla back in my arms. “I’m so happy it is all over, but sad to see you all go…”

I gave each Cullen a huge hug, especially Esmé and Renesmé. “You are ALWAYS welcome to Jersey whenever you want. Please come visit us again,” I said. I turned to Nausicaia. “Thank you for your help too. We would have never made it out without your help.”

“You are very welcome, Gia Carson,” said Nausicaia. “My clan and I are going to head back to Newark now. Drop by when you are in the neighborhood…” She flashed a sexy smile, and disappeared with her clan.

“Esmé, where is my mother?” I asked. Esmé left the group for a few minutes, and came back with my mother, who was looking much better than she was. “Mom, are you alright?”

“Gia, I’m so glad you are okay,” mom said as she hugged me. “Why do you feel so cold?”

“I’m… I’m not human anymore,” I said calmly. “I’m a vampire now. And these people around me here are my new family…”

Mom looked around nervously at the Carson’s and Cullen’s. “Are you tame vampires?” she asked quietly.

“We only eat animals,” I said. “Mom, I’d like for you to meet my husband Henry and our daughter Orla.”

Orla looked at her grandmother with interested eyes. She opened her arms to her, and mom held her. “She’s absolutely beautiful,” said my mom as she began to cry. “Every bit as gorgeous as when you were a baby!”

I smiled, and then bid the Cullen’s one last goodbye as they headed off. George, Greta, Rollo, Fionghuala, Henry, Orla, mom, and I headed into the house.

It’s so strange, but I often wonder where the Brethren are, and if they can come back. Orla has grown since then, and I don’t know if she remembers that battle. But whether she realizes it or not, she is my little heroine, and because of her, life and love doesn’t suck. Whoops, vampire, we still do suck!