Impossible Is Possible

Chapter II

The next morning Daniella finds herself in the kitchen with her parents, her father at the kitchen table with the newspaper in his hands and her mother whisking up the last of the scrambled eggs. Sniffing the air, Daniella hears her stomach groan and she sits herself on top of the counter in front of her mother.

Her mother looks up and smiles brightly—like every morning no matter what time it is. “Well, good morning, sweetie!”

“Morning, Mom,” Daniella says and steals the test pancake that sits on a plate, which usually goes to her Siberian Husky, Balto. The dog whines at her feet and tilts his head. Rolling her eyes, she throws the rest in the air for the dog to skillfully catch. “Can you make more pancakes and eggs? Roxy’s upstairs in the shower and she’ll probably want something to eat.”

“I would imagine she would,” her father says with a wink from behind the paper. “I bet she has quite the hangover.”

“Dad!”

“What? You act like I was born under a rock. I know what a drunken teenage girl sounds like when she stumbles into the house. I was once a teenager before, so I can’t say anything. But, you better not have been drinking last night.”

Daniella smiles guiltily. “I had one beer last night. You know I’m responsible.”

Her mother points the spatula at her and gives Daniella her best stern expression. “That better be all you had.” Then, she looks over at her husband. “Besides, Robert, she’s an ‘A’ and ‘B’ student, she can live a little as long as it doesn’t affect her performance in school. She’s a young lady; she can have a little fun before she’s old like us.”

“Thanks, Mom.”

As if she knew they were talking about her, Roxanne stumbles into the kitchen with a navy blue towel wrapped around her head. “I have the biggest headache ever,” she groans and takes a seat at the kitchen table. “It feels like my brain is going to explode and leak out from my ears.”

“Cute,” Robert comments and laughs.

Roxanne laughs sarcastically and sticks her tongue out at the man. “Buzz of, Papa, and drink your old man coffee.”

The kitchen erupts in laughter at Roxanne’s comment. Daniella’s family was literally a second family to Roxanne, since her home life wasn’t all that great since her father left her and her mother working odd jobs to keep them above debt. So, every weekend and some weeknights, Roxanne would spend the nights and act like a second daughter to Daniella’s parents.

“Alright!” her mother yells triumphantly and throws her spatula in the sink. “Breakfast is served. Daniella, you and Roxanne can eat on the back porch if you want. It such a nice morning today—who knows when we’ll have another morning like this.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Daniella says as she makes herself and Roxanne a plate, then handing it off to the other girl. “Thanks for making breakfast, Mom.”

Her mother waves her hand with a smile and shoos them out onto the back porch, letting Balto out with them.

As soon as Daniella makes herself comfortable and puts her plate on the table, Roxanne groans and shoves a forkful of pancakes into her mouth.

“You have no idea of the headache I have,” she groans around the mouthful of chewed food. “God, how much did I drink last night?”

Laughing, Daniella cuts a piece of sausage and pops in into her mouth. After she swallows, she glances over at the redhead. “You honestly don’t remember how much?”

Honestly, I don’t even remember leaving the club last night. I must have been wasted.”

“Oh, you were,” Daniella agrees with a giggle. “Do you want to know what got yourself into last night?”

“I don’t think I do?”

“Well, too bad, I’m telling you anyway,” says Daniella as she sneaks a piece of scrambled egg to Balto. “You had about, hm, I’d say seven shots in an hour time span. Then, you proceeded to tell the bartender—who’s name happens to be Ayden—that you would gladly have his child because he’s is your so-called ‘soul mate’. Then you claimed a man helping you was trying to kidnap you. And then puked in the cab home, so I had to give the guy an extra tip so he can have it cleaned up.”

Roxanne’s silent, thinking over everything that Daniella has said. Then, she smiles and claps her hands. “Sounds like one hell of a night!”

Rolling her eyes, Daniella tucks a strand of blonde hair behind her ear and takes another bite of her breakfast. “Yeah, one hell of a night is right. I’ll admit it was very entertaining the way you tried to presude Ayden to let you bartend so that he can have a ‘pee break’, because you claimed it looked like he was doing the ‘potty dance’.”

“Yeah… don’t remember that, at all.”

“Sucks for you, because, ya’know, whenever you’re up to win an award or at your wedding reception, I’ll be bringing up every drunken story that you can’t remember.”

Roxanne pouted and threw a pancake at Balto, who is still sitting beside the table with an excited, wagging tail. “You’re such a great friend.”

“Taking care of your drunken ass? I better be.”

---x---

Monday rolls around quite too quickly for Daniella’s preference, and she finds herself walking in the hallway with Roxanne at her side as they make their way towards the auditorium. To pass the time to actually get to the large room, Roxanne yells at the other students to get out of her way—something she usually does by the end of the day since she’s so wound up and wants to get out of the school.

Taking a pause of her yelling, Roxanne gives Daniella her best attempt at puppy dog eyes. “Want to skip this period and get out of here? I don’t think I want to watch the movie of how life was in the Italian Renaissance.”

“I find that subject really interesting,” Daniella says in defense and looks over at her. “Besides, I really don’t want a detention with Mrs. Frank—“

“Oh, come on! She wouldn’t even give you a detention! She is like, in love with you because you get good grades and shit. Yeah, I’ll get the detention, but I don’t really care because she’ll get sick of me after ten minutes and send me home.”

Daniella looks at the door to the auditorium, struggling to decide if she really should skip since they weren’t doing anything or just stay and watch the movie. “I don’t know…”

“I’m giving you thirty seconds to make your decision,” Roxanne says with a laugh and starts back pedaling towards the main entrance of the school. “’Cause I’ll be leaving with or without you.”

“God—Alright,” Daniella says as she finally caves in. “But, you better treat me to some Burger King because I want some that Oreo shake thing.”

“Deal!” Roxanne pushes the door open with unneeded force. “Oh, the smell of sweet freedom and greasy fast food—here we come!”

“You’re going to be the death of me, I hope you know that.”

“Yes, I might be. But! Your death with be super exciting because I’ll be in it and we’ll probably be doing something illegal and fun. Where’s the bad in that?”

“Oh, I don’t know… Everywhere?”

“Shut up. Shut up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A second update in once day?
That must be a record for me :).

The next chapter will get a little more interesting ;).

Feedback is grateful!
COMMENTS= updates!