Impossible Is Possible

Chapter V

It's a free period for Brendon's class-- it still feels weird to call her teacher by his first name-- and Daniella sits at her desk, rewriting her Calculus notes that she sloppily coped earlier that morning. She sighs loudly and rests her feet on the empty desk beside her, where Roxanne usually sits, but the girl was currently missing in action. This, believe it or not, left Daniella beyond bored and counting every aching minute that ticks by on the clock above the blackboard.

Giving up on the notes, she glances to the front of the classroom, where Brendon is scratching at his head and marking papers that sit in front of him. And just as she begins to drift off as she stares, Brendon's gaze shifts up and he smiles softly-- causing Daniella to blush and duck her head.

This is so wrong, she thinks and squeezes her eyes shut. I can't feel like this towards a teacher. Yeah, okay, maybe thinking he's cute is normal-- I'm a teenage girl-- its normal. But, then again they don’t feel—

"So, where's your partner in crime?" Brendon asks, interrupting Daniella's inner ramblings. He gently pushes her feet off the desk and sits beside her. He smiles and it leaves her a bit breathless. "No, wait, let me guess-- skipping my class and off driving around somewhere?"

Daniella finds herself snorting and nodding, her hair bouncing lightly, making her have to push her bangs off her forehead. "How'd you figure that one out, Genius?" She asks jokingly.

"Oh, you know... saw her running from the school's security guard in the parking lot. And then she jumped into her car and drove off. Yeah... this was all in front of my classroom window before the last warning bell."

Laughing softly, Daniella leans back against her chair and looks over at the man, feeling herself becoming more comfortable. "Wow... Well, let's just say that Rox has never learned the aspect of stealth. She's more of a— how do I say this? Spur of the moment type of girl?"

Brendon just smirks and leans back against the wall beside him; completely facing Daniella now with his fingers twined behind his head. "But, I get the feeling that you're not. You seem like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders. Now, don't take this the wrong way, but how did you get mixed up with a girl like her?"

"She's my best friend," she confesses with a grin. "Well, more like a sister— the cheese to my macaroni."

They both look at each other for a moment, before bursting out laughing-- her classmates and his students looking over at the pair with curious, confused eyes.

"The shade to your lamp?" Brendon whispers with humor.

"The needle to my thread."

"The cushion to your couch?"

"The pen to my paper."

"The Will to your Grace?"

Daniella goes to open her mouth to respond, but instead looks at him in disbelief and tries not to giggle. "Seriously? Really? Will and Grace?"

Raising his eyebrows in return, Brendon purses his lips in defense. "What? That was a great show. Don't be--"

The last school bell rings suddenly, stunning both of them. Sighing and getting up slowly, Daniella grabs her tote bag and glances back down at the young teacher, smiling and giving him a weak wave good-bye.

"Have a good night, Dani. I'll see you tomorrow."

Daniella walks away and ignores the flutter in her stomach.

-----

"You do know that Mr. Ur-- Brendon knows you skipped his class today, right?"

There's rustling on the other end of the phone and a door closing. "I knew that damn rent-a-cop had it out for me."

"Not exactly," Daniella laughs and fiddles with the pen in her hand. "He saw you running away from the said 'rent-a-cop'."

“Oh, no, no, no. That stupid, arrogant cop hates me. Just because I stole his little bike and dumped it into the school’s pool, he has made it his life’s ambition to make my life miserable.”

Daniella sighs and drops onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling. “Do you ever think that it’s time to tone yourself down a bit? I mean, the students are terrified of you and most teachers complain when they find out your in their classes.”

“Hm.” There’s a distinct pause on the other end of the phone, and then suddenly a snicker crackles through the receiver. “Really, Dani, how long have you known me?”

“I’m afraid the answer is way too fucking long.”

“Okay, and out of those—let’s say eighteen years—have I ever ‘toned’ myself down? Don’t you criticize me, Romone, because you absolutely adore me in every way, shape, and form.”

“I do,” Daniella says lovingly and smiles at the memories of their childhood. One memory sticks out—the one where she told a kid in their preschool class that he shouldn’t eat his taco lunchable because it looked like camel ‘poop’ and after he ran to the teacher and threw up, she stole it from him and split it with Daniella. “But, don’t you want to graduate high school? I mean, I think all the shit that you’ve pulled since freshman year is going to catch up with you.”

“Dani,” Roxanne says seriously, a bed squeaking in the background. “There is no way they can stop me from graduating. The only way that can happen is if I get expelled—which I don’t think anything I do can make that happen. What ever makes me get expelled has to be huge. Like… set-the-school-on-fire huge.”

Laughing, Daniella nods her head and smiles. “True. Which you better not because if I remember right, we promised each other after we graduate, we’re moving to Los Angles.”

“’Cause I’m gonna be famous, bitch.”

“Yeah, America’s Most Wanted.”

“As long as I have my fifteen minutes of fame, I’m all good.”

“I love you,” Daniella says affectionately. “I really do, you crazy bitch.”

“Awh! I love you, too!”

Daniella laughs and turns to look over at her alarm clock, notices the numbers showing her it was a quarter past nine. She groans and says, “I’ll see you tomorrow. I haven’t even started on my homework yet.”

“Geek.”

“Goodnight, Rox.”

The other girl laughs and kisses into the phone sarcastically. “Goodnight, geek.” Then, hangs up.

After throwing her phone at the end of the bed, Daniella sinks into her bed with a sigh. She smiles into her pillow and has the feeling that tomorrow is going to be good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the greatest chapter ever, but I thought it had to be posted.

I didn't get much feedback on the other chapter, so I don't know if
anyone is still interested in this series. Please, give me some feedback :).

And for those who ask 'when are Daniella and Brendon getting together?'.
The answer? Not until future chapters. It doesn't seem right to start a
relationship like this one fast. It has to develop because of the situation.

comments= updates.

<3 :).