‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

I Don't Believe It, Do My Eyes Deceive Me?

"I don't know, Glory. I mean you just got back. Isn't there something else your Spanish ass would like to see?" I chuckled nervously as I watched her, my peacemaker still firmly placed in my hand. Everything was in me was racing, adn I couldn't believe Glory was standing right in front of me, ready to smack me upside the head the moment I did wrong.

"Damn it Christian! Just lead me to fucking Zack!" she snapped out impatiently, and I let out a loud sigh as I started to head up the stairs. Grabbing my jacket off the bed, she looked at me strangely as I pulled it on.

"Your sons in jail," was all I mumbled before she rolled her eyes and pulled her own coat closer. We headed back down the stairs, taking a glance over at Gina. She stood up, her eyes still on the ground and most likely feeling terrible. "You coming with us Gina?"

Her eyes snapped up to meet mine, and I gave her a reassuring smile that told her I appreciated when she tried to do. She shook her head a bit, starting to head towards the door, "I don't really want to see him."

"Understandable. You can come over as soon as we get back, okay? We'll pick up some food." pressing a kiss to her forehead quickly and letting her run out the door, I looked at Gloria who was giving me a nervous look. "So what possessed you to have a child with Jimmy?"

"Can we not ruin this all ready, Chris?" she mumbled lightly, only sparking my curiosity more. How could she NOT want to talk about this? She shook her head a bit, and walked along side me as we headed to the jail. To be honest, I wasn't completely honest how she was going to take this. I hadn't even thought about what I was going to say about the whole matter.

Was she going to be overly pissed off at me for letting the shit between Zack and Gina to elevate to this point?

Before she walked into the jail, I gave her arm a small tug, sending her back to me.

"You are forgiven."