‹ Prequel: Learn to Spell, God!
Status: starting slowly but surely

Tomorrow Is Never Clear

The Music's Dying.

Jimmy’s POV

Waking up in the morning to the sight of your wife’s pillow soaked with tears isn’t something you want to happen. Unfortunately, it’s a regular occurrence at the moment. Back to the first point, I woke up this morning and Jenn was on the edge of the bed, clinging onto her pillow and sobbing. It breaks my heart to see her like this and know that there is nothing I can do to help. I was startled out of my reverie by my phone vibrating on the bedside table. I slid it open whilst sliding out of bed and exiting the room, letting Jenn sleep some more.

“Hello?” I groaned as the sound reverberated through my head.

“Urgh, too early, Zacky, too early.”

“Sorry, dude. I just needed someone to talk to.”

“What’s up?”

“It’s really freaky, man. Layla’s just sitting on the couch and staring into space. And, yesterday, she didn’t do anything else other than cook and stare some more. It’s scaring me.”

“Zack, it’s probably just how she deals with grief. I’ve had to watch Jenn cry her way through the days, it’s not fun, but we have to be there for them.”

“Dude, when did you get all psychological?”

“You learn, just pay attention to the chick, and you pick up signals, simple.”

“Cheers, dude.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Anyway, do you think we should call a band practise today? It might cheer them up and I don’t know about you, but I’ve had some ideas for the next album.”

“Sure, call the guys, tell them we’ll have it at Brian and Sophie’s, that’s kinda central.”

“Will do . See you later, Jim.”

“Bye.”
I crept back into the bedroom after hanging up on Zack and slid back under the covers. Jenn rolled over almost immediately and buried her face in my chest. I could feel her tears run down her face and drip onto me. My arms instinctively wrapped around her, pulling her closer.

“Come on, love, get up.” Jenn shook her head roughly, still with her face on my chest. “We’re going to Brian’s, everyone else’ll be there. It’ll do you some good. Please?”
.

We were the last people to arrive at Brian and Sophie’s place. Brian answered the door, took one look at Jenn and motioned to the stairs.

“They’re upstairs, go on up.”

Jenn rushed up the stairs, not turning back to smile as she went, not wanting to share her pain anymore.

“Were they all like that?” I asked as we made our way down to the basement.

“Yeah, man, it was real bad. If I was gonna make a comparison with something else, I’d probably have to go with Bella Swan after Edward had left her.”

“What’s with the Twilight reference?” I laughed.

“She made me read it.”

“Sure she did.”

“Oi! Anyway, you knew what I was referencing, you’re just as bad!”

“Jenn dragged me to see the film, I didn’t read the book, there’s a difference. It wasn’t too bad, to be honest.”

“Whatever you say, crazy fool.”

“What you too talkin’ ‘bout?” Matt asked as I flung myself down on the free couch.

“Twilight.’ Brian answered.

“Fuckin’ gays.” Johnny laughed. My arm shot out and hit his gut; that sure shut him up.

“Enough gay, yeah? We have bigger problems than Jimmy’s and Brian’s affair right now.” Zack pointed out.

“That’s easily said, but what the fuck are we gonna do to help them?” Matt demanded.

“I wish I knew Matt, I think we’re just gonna have to let them sort themselves out in their own time.” I sighed.

“Unless…” Johnny started only to be interrupted by Brian.

“Johnny, no. Your ideas never work. Think it through before talking for once, yeah?”

“Sorry. Anyway, we’ve gotta go, got some stuff to do.”

“Oh, I’m sure you do, you dirty little gnome.” Matt winked.

“Not like that, idiots. We’ve gotta feed our neighbour’s dog.”

“Is that a euphemism, Christ?” Brian laughed.

“No, fuck off, we’re going.”

“I’ll be waiting for you in our bed tonight, darling!” I called after him, as he slouched away up the stairs, to get Danni and then go home.

I stood up to follow Johnny.

“Where you goin’, Jim?” Zack asked.

“To grease the monkey bars in the park.” I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
28th December 2009- The Day The Music Died.
No one will ever forget your crazyness.
You'll be there whenever the thunder comes.
Rest In Peace, Jimmy Sullivan.

I can't ask for comments 'cause I know I took way too long to update, I'll try to improve next time. Just read it, please?