‹ Prequel: Learn to Spell, God!
Status: starting slowly but surely

Tomorrow Is Never Clear

Building Up Inside Of Me, A Place So Dark.

Sophie’s POV.

The tall walls surrounding me loomed precariously in the darkness. There were no stars in the sky, just black. I shuddered as the light patter of some creatures paws resonated around the dingy alley. I could see the light coming from the street; it wasn’t far, I could make it there for Brian to find me. A large boot came down hard on my arm as it reached to drag my heavy body towards the light and safety.

“You’re not going anywhere ...” The face of the menacing voice was shadowed, but I knew exactly who he was.

The great weight was lifted from my arm, only to be replaced by a rough, strong hand hoisting me in the air with ease. I dangled like a rag doll, broken and limp, saying nothing, feeling nothing but tears rolling down my face. Why was he doing this? Why to me? I’d done nothing wrong.

He pinned me against one of the walls, readying himself for round two of my torture. He laughed, loud. Why could no one see this? Why couldn’t they hear? Where was Brian to rescue me? My whole body was a dead weight; I couldn’t save myself. His laugh grew louder and more ominous sending shivers down my spine. The thought of him finding this funny made me want to be sick. He positioned himself in front of me and thrust upwards.


“NO!” I screamed, sitting bolt upright with tears and sweat dripping down my face.

“Soph?” I heard Brian’s tired voice but all I saw was that same shadowed face next to me.

“Stay away from me!” I pleaded. “I didn’t do anything! Not again, please!”

I moved as far away on the bed as possible, only to have the man follow me, extending his arm again trying to grab me. Before he could reach me I’d toppled backwards off the side of the bed, landing in a sobbing heap.

“Sophie, it’s just me!” I knew my mind was playing tricks on me. I knew that was Brian and he was trying to protect me ... “Baby, what’s wrong?” He was on the floor with me now. I could tell by where his voice was.

I willed myself to look. This one look would dictate whether I’d really woken or whether this was one of those horrible dreams where you keep waking up and the situation never gets any better. Sure enough, my fiancés dark brown eyes were staring back at me, flooded with concern unsurprisingly.

I gulped trying to steady my breathing, “I just had a bad dream ...”

“Another one?” Shit. He’d noticed me waking up continuously the past few [strike]days[/strike] weeks then. “Are you okay?”

The truthful answer to this was no, I was far from okay. I didn’t know why I’d started having these nightmares again, but I knew it wasn’t good. I didn’t want to worry Brian though.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s just all this ...” I couldn’t even bring myself to mention the fact that one of my best friends had died.

He pulled me into a tight hug and I knew then that I was safe, at least as long as I was conscious.

“Jesus, you’re covered in sweat. Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?”

“Yeah, really.”

Liar ...

I tensed as I heard the voice in my head. I wasn’t safe at all ...

*

I quite literally jumped out of my skin as Pinkly trotted into the kitchen. Not only had my lack of sleep put me right on edge, but every little sound I heard scared me because I didn’t know if it was someone sneaking up on me. Brian followed Pinkly in, and even though I saw him, I still had to hold back a squeal. Sanity was officially failing me.

I was becoming more paranoid by the second; I could feel it as my eyes flicked towards where slightest of noises happened, my ears pricking up at any and all sounds. It was as if my senses had been improved over the past few nights. Either that or my lack of sleep and binge on caffeine was making me jumpy. Brian’s eyes scanned me cautiously; he knew something wasn’t right but I wasn’t about to admit it to him.

“I’m err ... going with Allanah to the hospital today.”
“Why?” Brian cut in quickly.

“She’s going for a check up, standard stuff.” I was lying through my teeth and I hated myself for it.

Just keep spoon feeding the crap, he’ll never catch on because he doesn’t think you’d lie to him.

The malevolent voice of Alex Varkatzas rumbled through my mind once again. The truth was I was going to see someone who could hopefully reassure me that I wasn’t going insane. And if I was, then they’d make me better ... hopefully. Allanah was coming to support me; no one should have to go through something like this alone. She was the unsung angel to Pure Poison whilst we all slowly lost our minds with grief. Distracting me from the distant cackle of my attacker, Brian pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

“Be careful.” He whispered.

My breath caught in my throat as the vision of the bus colliding with Rachel replayed in my mind. I knew he meant be careful driving and crossing the road – something which most other teenagers don’t care for, until they lose someone – but my mind wandered back to being stood outside the bar too, and not going inside until it wasn’t safe.

I nodded weakly, not meeting Brian’s eyes because, deep down, we all knew those guys could read our minds and see inside our souls. He’d be the one going to see a psychiatrist, not me, had he been able to see the double bladed sword destroying me from the outside in. He pecked my lips as the doorbell rang and gave my ass a slap as I ran off. I really hope there’s nothing seriously wrong with me. I can’t put Brian through something like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is good reasoning for these more morbid chapters, honest! It'll be over within the next 2 probably. Fear not (:
Comments please. I'll pester Layla like no one has ever pestered for her next update so we can get this ball rolling (Y)