Status: Complete.

You Look Pretty Low

Reluctant

[Peyton]

Contrary to what I’d thought, the weekend passed with little drama, mainly because Trinity refused to leave our room, or let anyone apart from me in. She’d been so hungover on Saturday morning that, after a good two hours of throwing up, she spent half the day under her duvet in complete darkness. Naturally, I spent this time with Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian. Zack didn’t speak around me, not even looking in my eyes, but I found out from Alex that this was because he felt guilty for the state Trinity was in.

Guilty.

The fuckk-tard felt guilty for being the cause of my sister’s hangover-from-hell, even though she’d knocked him out.

Twat.

But anyway, today was Monday and the day we had to go back to school after our suspension. One problem…Trinity was refusing to get out of bed.

“Get your fuckking ass up!” I yelled

“Fuckk off into Skankskarth’s pants!” Trinity yelled back

I watched hesitantly as her hand groped her bedside table blindly, but ducked as she threw an empty glass in my direction; it smashed against the wall behind me.

“Hah! You missed!” I giggled

She just grunted, making me laugh again.

Stubborn bitch.

So…I walked to the end of her bed and grabbed her ankles, quickly yanking her body towards me before she realised what I was doing. Trinity landed on top of me with a thud, the two of us ending up in a tangle of limbs on the floor.

“Incestuous slut,” she muttered, not bothering to cover her naked body as she stood up

“You could’ve warned me you were sleeping in your birthday suit!” I scoffed, standing up as well

Trinity just rolled her eyes, walking out of our bedroom and into the bathroom opposite.

[1 hour later]

“I fuckking hate you,” Trinity grumbled

The two of us were walking to school now, me having had to call Rian to go without us because Trinity had made us late. Trinity had surprised me by wearing a mid-thigh length denim skirt and a black hoodie – extremely covered up compared to my cardigan, low-cut tank top and impossibly-tight skinny jeans.

“Why? Because you have to face the boy you rejected in denial, and have no-one else to take your stress out on?” I mused

Most people would feel offended and hurt by Trinity’s harsh comments, but I knew she was just angry with herself. She’d apologise to me later.

“I don’t like Zack fuckking Merrick!” she hissed

“Bullshit,” I smiled

“Excuse me?” she asked angrily

“I saw what you did after he fell unconscious. The pillow under his head didn’t get there by magic. And the angle of the dent on your bedframe would’ve meant he landed differently – you made sure his body was straight. You care about him, Trin, you can’t deny it,” I shrugged

Trinity just made a low growling noise, her cheeks blushing now she’d been caught.

“And besides…since when does the Trinity Hayes keep a fuckk for this long? Give him a reason or give him a chance,” I smirked

“You’re talking out your ass,” my sister spat

“You can think what you want. You’ll have to face it all sooner or later,” I mused

Trinity just scowled at me, pulling out a cigarette and lighting up. I smirked to myself, knowing I’d given my sister a lot to think about by striking a nerve like that. We wouldn’t see Zack till 2nd lesson, but I’m going to make sure they talk. Oh yes.

*

[Trinity]

Stupid fuckking sister. Stupid fuckking school. Stupid fuckking blonde boy who gets under my skin. Stupid fuckking hormones.

Grr.

Why does Peyton have to be right? I’ve never let a boy affect me so much before, but then…bam! Along comes King Shy himself, Zack fuckking Merrick, and ruins everything.

I’ll admit the things he said to me hurt. Really hurt. Mainly because deep down in the black remains of my heart I knew they were true. I’d never admit it to him though. Hell, I’d never admit it to anyone. I just wish we’d never come to fuckking Maryland.

Grr.

Our next lesson was French, and Peyton and I had this with Rian and Zack.

Sigh.

I know I’m going to have to face him at some point; I just wish it wasn’t so soon.

I walked into the classroom with Peyton right behind me, only to find Rian sitting in my normal seat. Peyton sat down innocently next to him. Luckily our teacher, Madame Harrington, was always late.

“Move, Dawson,” I hissed

“Not a chance, Hayes. Sit next to Zack – the two of you need to talk,” Rian chuckled

I glared murderously at him and then my sister – yes, I knew she’d set this up – before sliding into the seat next to Zack, a couple of seats away from where Peyton and Rian were. I sat as far away from him as possible, cursing the Big Man Upstairs.

“Hi Trin,” a familiar voice whispered

I ignored Zack, pretending that the bad extensions of the girl in front were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Trinity, I’m so sorry,” Zack whispered again, edging closer to me

I couldn’t help but turn my head to face him, startled.

“What?” I asked softly, confused

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking – I was angry. And upset. I shouldn’t have said the things I said,” Zack apologised

“No, you shouldn’t have said them,” I muttered, clenching my fists

A pen hit the side of my head. Peyton. Without turning around, I flipped her off.

“Fine. I’m sorry for hitting you,” I grumbled

“No you’re not,” Zack mused, surprising me slightly

I didn’t let it show.

“No, I’m not. But since you knew that already, let’s just drop this, huh?” I said fake-sweetly

“I’m not going to drop this at all,” Zack said firmly

I just rolled my eyes, looking away from him. Zack licked his bottom lip, before leaning down to my ear level.

“I really like you, Trinity. I’m not giving up and I know that deep down a part of you likes me too. I turn you on in ways that no-one has before and you can’t get enough. I can’t read you very well, Trinity Hayes, but there are some things that are obvious. You can’t give up on me because you haven’t ‘corrupted me’ yet. Stop denying what you want. You know what the blackened pitiful remains of your heart are saying,” Zack whispered hotly, his hand resting on my knee

His hand slowly moved further and further up my thigh, his fingertips eventually lightly brushing my boyshorts in just theright wrong place. I had to cross my legs and bite my bottom lip to stop a groan escaping my mouth. I actually bit my lip so hard that blood spurted out.

Bastard.

Zack smirked and grabbed my chin to face him, before running his tongue over my bottom lip to get rid of the blood.

Dayum.

I could hear Rian and Peyton laughing quietly, but right now I didn’t care.

“Janitor’s closet by the History rooms after this lesson,” I ordered breathlessly

“Yes ma’am,” Zack saluted, his eyes sparkling with desire
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the shitiness.
It's just that I'm having a huge argument with one of my housemates, and all the rest of the house are on his side, even though I haven't done anything wrong.
And it's making me feel like crap, if I'm honest.

Comments if you want.

xo