Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

She Was Going to Be Ok

“Up and at em, Molls. We got X Games to go to,” I heard a husky voice say as a pillow softly made contact with my head.

I just mumbled a few choice words and rolled over onto my other side. What I didn’t feel caused my eyes to fling open. Todd wasn’t by my side. That could only mean one thing…

“Get the hell off that knee,” I yelled as I shot right up to come face to face with him.

“I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt,” he said as he limped back in forth shortly.

“Because you’ll all hyped up on meds,” I mumbled as I crawled out of bed.

“Jealous much?” he asked as I walked out to the kitchen and he limped behind me.

“No. Not really. I have this,” I said as I reached into the fridge and pulled out my favorite flavor of Rockstar that happened to be his favorite too.

“That’s so not fair. You know I can’t have that with these meds,” he said as he started to pout, making him so irresistible to me.

“Aw, baby I’m sorry. I’ll get something else,” I cooed as I pinched his scruffy cheeks.

Once I let go, his hands went up and rubbed his face, trying to get the feeling back in them. Replacing the green can for a purple one, I showed it to Todd. He nodded his head in approval. We lazed around for about an hour. The two of us usually go out all nights of X, but with Todd being in this condition, that was sort of put on hold. Waking up before noon was something new to us during this time.

“Maybe we should go see if Bilko and his special Sheila are ready,” Todd suggested as he limped towards the door.

I stayed behind with my hands on my hips. Once he noticed I wasn’t behind him, he turned back around.

“What?” he asked, attempting to come off as innocent as he possibly could.

“Crutches,” I simply said.

He looked at me with a frown that would usually win me over. Not this time, buster. Seeing my features not change, he wobbled back to the bedroom to get his crutches.

“Satisfied now?” he asked, acting frustrated.

“You have no idea, baby,” I said happily as we exited the room.

Bilko and Katie’s room (Yes, they’re sharing a room. Don’t ask me how it happened. It just sort of did.) is actually just a little down the hall from Todd and mine. Seeing the door cracked slightly, we figured they were expecting us. We just walked in… Apparently, they weren’t expecting anyone. On the floor, underneath the Aussie, was our little innocent Katie. It was cute though. They weren’t all… going at itlike Todd and I would have been. It was just cute.

“Aw,” I couldn’t help but say.

That little word caused Katie to snap her gaze to us. Her face turned a few shades of red as Bilko’s gaze met Todd and mine. He stuck his tongue at me before kissing her again quickly and running off up the stairs. Todd and I walked over to the couch as Katie pulled herself off the floor.

“What were you and Bilko up to?” Todd asked with a smirk on his face that may have matched mine.

“Nothing,” she quickly said, reaching into the cabinet for her breakfast.

“It didn’t look like nothing from the way he was looking at you,” I smirked this time.

“Shut up,” she said as a smile was teasing its way through.

I looked at Todd and actually saw him smiling this time. I think I’ve got him warmed up to the idea of Bilko and Katie. He kept saying little comments to her about Australians. She would always reply with a shut up, eye roll, or just a glare. We probably should have lightened up after the first five minutes, but it was too cute how she was reacting.

“Leave my Sheila alone,” Bilko said once he came down the stairs and put his arm around Katie’s waist.

He even kissed her on the cheek. Todd and I caught each other’s eyes, knowing that they were going to go somewhere after this weekend. A few minutes later, we’re hulling ass to the Staples Center. Even though Todd was out of it, I was still so excited. Katie and Bilko are going against each other. It was so funny. Neither of them could look at each other with out glaring or saying a comment out themselves winning. I couldn’t really tell if it was competitiveness or flintiness. I’m going to say a little of both. Once we got there, I followed Katie to her bike. Todd did the same with Bilko.

“Are you going to kick your Aussie’s ass?” I asked teasingly as she started pulling her boots on.

“I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but…” she trailed off and cracked a smile at me. “Yes,” she said happily. “Do you know what trick he’s doing?” she went on to ask.

“No. He’s usually good with keeping things like that secret,” I said, sorry that I didn’t actually know the answer.

I kept her talking for a little bit longer. She came across as a little nervous. I think this was normal though. It’s her first X Games. There has to be some nerves in there. Once the light came down and they started introducing the riders, I wished Katie good luck and gave her a hug before I went off to find my crippled man.

“What were you doing to my Sheila?” Bilko yelled through his helmet.

“That she’s going to kick your ass,” I said with a smirk as I crossed my arms.

“She’s something else, mate,” Bilko said, titling his head towards Todd.

“Don’t I know,” he replied as he put one of his arms around my shoulders.

The only thing that I didn’t want to happen at this contest actually happened. It’s always hard being the first rider to go, especially in Best Trick. Katie was that lucky rider.

All three of us watched as she was waiting at the drop in, waving to the crowd of adoring, screaming fans. A smile actually came over me as she revved the engine a few times. But my happiness was soon replaced with slight fear as I remembered her trick that she had been practicing. The thought made me hug up to Todd more. I just kept telling myself that she was going to be ok… and that her bike wouldn’t stall.
♠ ♠ ♠
woot... update lol

comment?

It's KATIE'S turn!!!