Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Why at My House?

The next day, Todd’s knee was killing him. I hate to say it, but… I TOLD YOU SO!I bit my tongue all day. I wasn’t going to be bitchy. He knew as much as I did that he chose to ride his bike. But I was being the good fiancé and babying him.

“Fuck,” I heard him scream from the living room.

I was descending down the stairs and saw him lying on the couch. Big sighs escaped him as he tried fighting off winces. Apparently, he had just lowered himself to the comfy couch.

“Baby,” I sighed as I stood in front of him.

He looked up at me with an innocent grin. What am I going to do with him?

“I want to feel sorry for you but you kind of asked for it,” I said as I slowly lowered myself on the couch with him.

His arm went around me and I rested my hand on the other side of him on the couch so that I was hovering over him. That innocent expression still remained.

“But you still feel sorry for me,” he smirked.

“You’re lucky I do,” I said and kissed his forehead, causing him to smile.

He pulled me against his chest so that we were once again cuddling on the couch, careful not to touch his knee. I completely lost track of time like I always do when I’m with him. I had totally forgot that Katie was leaving today. Glancing at the clock, I wanted to smack myself. It was 4:30. Her plane had left an hour and a half ago. DAMN IT!

“We forgot about Katie,” I said into Todd’s chest, making my voice sound muffled.

“Shit…” he started as he rolled his eyes in frustration. “When’s she coming back?”

“I don’t know. I’m sure Blake will be here soon. He should know,” I replied just as the doorbell rang.

I smirked up at Todd before pushing myself off of him and going to the front door. The person I expected to be there was, but his expression was not what I expected. Sure I thought he would be all bummed out, but not... like this.

“Aw, my little Aussie,” I cooed as I held my arms out to him.

I pulled him in for a hug that he quickly held back. The poor thing. I hate people around me being all bummed out.

“I couldn’t go to the airport with her,” he said with his head pressed against my shoulder.

“What?” I asked a little too quickly and backed away from him.

“I couldn’t do it. I knew it would hurt too much to watch her go,” he said, dropping his eyes from mine.

“Blake, that’s like the worst thing you could do.”

“Thanks, Molls,” he said sarcastically as he pushed past me to walk into the living room.

Oh god, this is just peachy. I don’t even want to think about how Katie feels right now. I sighed as I followed him and sat down by Todd. He was still wincing as he lifted his leg to rest on the coffee table. Blake had planted himself in a chair beside the couch.

“Blake, what happened?” I tried to start again, coming off a little more… nicer.

Todd shot me a look like ‘what the hell is going on?’ I shrugged him off, waiting for Blake to talk. It took him a few seconds. I was ok with it. He was hurt.

“I was ok before we left the house. Then the drive to the airport came. We didn’t say anything to each other. I hated it. I wanted to say so much, but it didn’t come out. I was relying on her to start some kind of conversation, but it didn’t happen. I was honest with her though. When we got there, I flat out told her that I couldn’t walk her in there and tell her goodbye. She just nodded her head, kissed me on the cheek, and left,” he vented.

I wanted to go over there and hug him. He’s one of my good friends. I hate seeing him this upset over something.

“You haven’t talked to her?” Todd asked.

Blake just shook his head. “I feel horrible. She probably thinks that I don’t love her,” he said, dropping his head.

“We all know she doesn’t think that,” Todd blurted out with another eye roll.

I smiled at Blake. His expression lighten a little, but not to our normal Aussie.

“Just give her a few hours then give her a call. She’ll want to talk to you, I’m sure,” I tried reassuring him again.

I don’t think this one worked as well as the other. Some many thoughts were going through his head. I could see it in his eyes. They were unfocused and unsure. I frowned as I leaned against Todd. It killed me to seeing my little Australian buddy like this. It’s time like this that I miss his energetic annoying self.

We sat in silence for about twenty minutes. The only sound came from the low muttered of the TV playing some show that we weren’t even interested in. I jumped when the doorbell rang, causing Todd to let out a soft laugh.

“No one said they were coming,” I said as I slowly go up.

“Maybe it’s your parents. When was the last time you saw them?” Todd asked as he watched me reach the door.

I opened the door, slightly nervous to find what was behind it. I don’t know why, but I just had a weird feeling about it. I slowly opened it, letting the cracking sound echo throughout the house. Once it was fully opened, it revealed one of the last people I thought would be at my doorstep right now.

“Katie?” I almost whispered seeing her there.

She looked just as bad, if not worse than Blake did. Her eyes were pretty close to matching his.

“Have you seen Blake?” she asked in a tone that matched his.

Oh man, why does this have to be at my house?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah! Another update!

Comment?