Status: Being rewritten

The Colour of Snow

Five

Rosalie was out hunting when she caught the scent, it was the horrible musky smell of the wolves. Letting out a hiss she began tracking the stench through their land. Pulling out her phone she called Carlisle.
“Rose, aren’t you meant to be hunting?” Carlisle asked calmly.
“One of the wolves has crossed the treaty line, I’m tracking it now” Rose growled back, she neared the treaty line when she caught view of the white wolf with a bag on its back.
“I’ll call Sam”
“It’s white and has a bag on its back; it’s nearly at the treaty line. This means war Carlisle.”
“Don’t do anything Rose. Not until I’ve talked with Sam. Go back to the house.” Carlisle then hung up and called Sam.

Rayne slowed down as she came across a smell, similar to hers, but stronger and more male smelling. Sniffing the scent she continued toward La Push. But stopped when she heard a long Howl. Freezing on the spot she waited. Rayne then took off full speed towards the small town.

Sam howled, calling his pack together. Within moments he felt the presence of everyone in his mind.
‘Cullen called. One of then saw a white wolf heading towards us; it had a bag on its back. The bloodsuckers think its one of ours; we need to get to the bottom of this. Paul, anything along the treaty line?’
‘Yeah, smells like us but its not one that I recognize. Its coming toward the north edge’ Paul shared the smell and sights with everyone.
‘Lets go’ Sam ordered.
The pack then started speeding toward the new wolf.

Rayne stopped when she heard something approaching. As growls erupted from around her, Rayne’s instincts kicked in. Rayne’s fur stood on ends, teeth bared, she growled, challenging whatever was coming. A huge black wolf stepped forward. It growled at Rayne which she replied with even louder. She moved around as more huge wolves appeared.

‘Leah, phase back, you and I will talk to her.’ Sam ordered. He and Leah backed away and quickly phased and got dressed. Reappearing before the white wolf.
“Apparently you are human, like us. Because you are not part of this pack you will need to phase into human form so we can talk.” Sam looked at the wolf who nodded; she then looked wearily at all the males staring at her.
“We will take you to our house. We shall talk there.” Sam spoke loud and clearly. Making sure the wolf knew what was happening. She once again nodded.
As the pack turned and started heading to Emily’s, the white wolf slowly started to follow, Quill following close behind her.

Rayne followed the wolves, a chocolate brown wolf following her close behind and making her feel slightly uncomfortable.
When a small house came into view all the wolves went behind trees and came back as men, mostly at least 6ft tall and muscley. Rayne however stayed as a wolf. The one who Rayne had identified as pack leader, then came over to Rayne, telling her to follow him. Entering the small house she was lead into a bedroom and told to change. The male then left the room, shutting the door behind him.
Rayne quickly phased and got dressed.

Sam walked back into the kitchen to Emily, smiling; he kissed her scar, then her lips.
“Who’s the white wolf?” Emily gave a questioning look.
“We don’t know yet.”
Hearing someone let out a small cough, Sam looked over to where a girl stood.
She was barely 5ft 3. her white hair reached down to her lower back, her brown eyes captivating. She had the inside of her nose pierced with a black ring, as well as her bottom lip on both sides, she wore simple black skinny jeans and a yellow t-shirt. Even with Emily standing beside him, Sam had a tough time taking his eyes off the girl, but from the looks on everyone’s faces, so were all the guys.
“Is one of you Sam Uley?” the girl asked looking at everyone, her voice heavy with an acent which Sam couldn’t place.
Sam stepped forward. “I’m Sam.”
The girl smiled “My name is Rayne Lilly Uley-Valentine. I’m your little sister.”
Sam stared at Rayne who claimed to be his sister. She looked nothing like anyone on the reservation. Yet she turned into a wolf.
“Wow, Sam why did you never tell me you had a sister! I’m Emily, oh you must be hungry, I’ll make you something.” Emily gave Rayne a quick hug before she started cooking.
Sam stared at the girl. “How are you my sister?” He demanded.
Rayne looked around uncomfortably.
“My mum came here on an exchange program, on her last few days she came to La Push, to see the beach one last time before she left, she had meet Joshua a few times before, any who, she was walking along the beach in the rain, when he came. I don’t know how it happened but my mum got pregnant. She went back to Finland and had me, when I was 7 she told me the story about it, then that day she died. I lived with my Grandparents, then a few weeks ago I was in the forest. I was nearly attacked by a man with red eyes. He lunged for me, and I exploded into a wolf. After a few hours I went home, managed to change back. Searched the internet and yeah. Here I am.” Rayne looked at Sam waiting a response.
“Have anywhere to stay?” Sam knew he would have to talk to the elders.
Rayne shook her head.
“Emily will show you a spare bed. I’ll go speak with the elders.” Sam started to walk out the door. “Seth, Paul and Jared, come with me.” Sam called the 3 men who followed.
Emily soon came in with a huge plate of chocolate chip muffins, “Rayne come here and dig in or these boys will eat them all.
Rayne carefully went over to Emily and started eating, after shoving 5muffins in her mouth the other 2 remaining guys came over and started eating.
Leah sat on the sofa watching Rayne eat. She was no longer then only girl, if the elders decided she can stay, then their will finally be someone like her, finally someone who would understand. Leah smiled, getting off the sofa she went over to Rayne who now sat at the table staring out the window.
“I’m Leah” Rayne looked up at the girl.
“Rayne. Um, are there any others, that are um girls and turn into wolves?” Rayne asked hesitantly.
“No, just you and me. We are the first girls in the history of our tribe.” Leah said sadly.
“Oh, well how many of you are there all together?”
“Well there’s Sam, whose Alpha, he’s a black wolf.” Rayne noticed the pain in Leah’s voice but chose not to say anything.
“Then there’s Quill, he’s the muslely one, he’s chocolate brown.
Embry is gray with dark spots.
Seth, he’s my little brother, he’s Sandy-brown.
Paul is dark gray.
There’s Jared, Bradley and Collin.
And Jacob, but he’s gone away. So with you there’s 11 of us.”
Rayne nodded.
“Leah, has Seth said when the Vampire girl wedding is? I thought about going.” Emily asked.
Leah growled “its next week”
“Thank you” Emily replied, ignoring the growl.
“Who’s the Vampire girl?” Rayne asked looking slightly confused.
“We turn into wolves because we need to protect the tribe. We only need to protect them from vampires. Anyway, along time ago a coven of vampires came, they said they feed of animals, not people, so the tribe made a treaty. As long as they didn’t bite any humans, we wouldn’t attack or expose them, and they would keep to their land.
Then they came back.
A girl from the Forks fell in love with one of them. They are getting married. Well that’s the short version anyway. Billy will properly tell it.”
Rayne nodded, she and Leah were the only female wolves, and there were vampires living close by.
A vampire had already tried killing her, and she had killed him.
If Rayne knew anything about what she had learnt about her transforming, it was that she was born to kill vampires, she was genetically designed to kill the vampires, the reason she turned into a wolf was to destroy vampires.
“Hey Leah, now you wont be the only girl!” one of the guys called as he ate some pancakes that Emily was cooking.
“Shut up Quill” Leah retorted.
“Hi, I’m Quill” Quill held out his hand to Rayne who shook it.
“Nice to meet you.” Rayne replied with a smile.
“I’m Embry, nice to meet you Rainy day” the other guy smiled at rain as he hugged her.
“Rainy day?” Rayne looked questioningly.
“Yeah, it’s my nick name for you, hope you don’t mind” Embry smiled down at the small girl in front of him.
“Not at all” Rayne giggled as Embry ruffled her hair.
“Quill, Claire is coming soon; it was her mum on the phone.” Emily called, moments later she came down from the hall.
Quills face lit up as he grinned stupidly.
“Rayne if you wanna follow me, I’ve just made a bed for you and you can get settled”
Rayne got up and followed Emily upstairs into a bedroom, her bag already on the bed. The walls were a pale yellow with a window on the opposite wall from the door, under the window was a large single bed with a patchwork blanket and pillow.
A Small set of draws sat next to the bed with a mirror.
“It’s not much, but hopefully it will do.”
“Thanks Emily”

Sam walked through the door, going straight to Emily to kiss her.
“What did they decide?” Emily looked up at Sam, curious to know what would happen to the girl setting up her new room.
“She’s going to stay. Tomorrow she picks up patrol. She’s now part of the pack.” Sam watched as Emily smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS?