Status: Being rewritten

The Colour of Snow

Four

It had been 3weeks since Rayne first transformed into a wolf. Since then she and Aila had been practicing the transformations everyday when her grandparents were at work and she had come home from school.
Rayne would now transform with ease and didn’t need Aila to get her angry.
She had started running as both wolf and human, trying to get her fitness up. Rayne had thrown herself into books about wolves, trying to find out as much as she could about them. She also learnt more about vampires or ‘the cold ones’ as the Quileute legends call them.
Aila was also enjoying have a best friend who ran a high temperature and turned into the most beautiful white wolf which happened to take amazing photos.
With the holidays just a few days away Rayne walked into the living room were her grandparents sat. ~Gran, Poppa, I wanna talk to you about something.~ Rayne’s voice was slightly shaky as they turned to face her.
~What is it dear?~ her poppa asked. Rayne never really talked to them and they generally ignored her.
~At school we had to make a family tree in art, it was to inspire us to explore our culture and roots of where we come from, and then we had to produce a collection that showed this. Well, I found my dads family tree. There is only one line of Uleys in Forks. The other is in South Africa.~
Her Grandparents stared at her, waiting for Rayne to continue.
~I have a brother, his name is Sam, my dad was Joshua. I want to go and meet them~
After a moment of thinking her Poppa nodded.
~Go sort out plane tickets and everything. You can go. We will stay here. Return when you like, just give us some warning.~
Smiling Rayne thanked her Poppa and ran to her room. Making calls and applying for a visa.

One week after her the talk with her grandparents and Rayne was on an airplane, about to arrive at Port Angles.
Rayne smiled as she walked out of the airport, she had considered getting a taxi to La Push, but had decided against it. She wanted to run. Her inner wolf was begging to come out after hours stuck in a plane, and she was not about to make herself endure sitting down any longer.
The sun was hiding behind the clouds when Rayne entered the forest. Making sure nobody was around she stripped down and put the clothes in her bag. Without thinking her body changed into a wolf. Carefully, Rayne managed to get the bag on her back, her front arms through the straps.
Smiling Rayne pushed herself forward, taking huge leaps through the trees, stretching her legs she let out a wolfish laugh.