Status: BACK IN ACTION BABY!

I'm Never Letting Go

A Stabbing Pain

When we got back to the house, the rest of the guys had back from every fast good restaurant waiting for me – Alex had called ahead and told them that I was hungry. Which was a good thing, because my stomach was acting up even more since we left downtown.

As we all gathered into the completely furnished living room, I sat on the black rug, surrounded by my many bags and dug my hand into one and fished out a taco as I thought to myself, Thank god for food. Just as I was taking a bite, the strongest, sharpest pain stabbed me directly in the center of the stomach.

I screamed and dropped my taco back into the back. Immediately everywhere was around me like a circle of human shields; Alex stood right in front of me, “Becs? What’s wrong? Is it the baby?”

I nodded as the pain subsided for a few minutes, “I just thought I was hungry, you know? Like usual – but it was contractions.”

Alex stood there, until Jack slapped him in the head – “We have to get her to the hospital, you dumbass! Quit standing there.”

Aw, Jack you can always count on him in a situation, can’t you? Alex immediately snapped into action after that and with the help of Rian and Zack, the two most ripped guys I know, they helped me into the back of Alex’s car. Alex sat in the back with me and told me to breathe and to focus solely on that – breathing and nothing else. Jack drove, which scared me – I love Jack but, him driving does scare the hell out of me. Zack was telling him where to go so that was reassuring and Rian was sitting on the other side of me. I was still in a huge amount of pain, and breathing – I can’t forget that I’m doing that because Alex is practically screaming it in my ear.

By the time we got to the hospital, I was still breathing and we we’re all on edge and I don’t know about the rest of the guys but I was so excited! I looked over at Alex as we got out of the car and the look on his face was absolutely priceless at the moment. He looked so happy and excited and so very nervous. I would have cried if it didn’t feel like my entire abdomen was ripping apart.

Jack grabbed a wheelchair and pushed me down into and Alex wheeled me through the automatic doors, I took a quick look at the sign above the doors that read ‘CLEVELAND CLINIC’. I breathed a sigh of relief. This is the best hospital in Ohio. The whole Midwest I think. As this was going through my mind, another contraction spread through my stomach and I screamed. The woman at reception looked at me like I was nothing special – She saw women like me everyday. Jeez thanks lady, thanks.

“Here, take my hand,” Alex stuck his hand out to me, but I shook my head. I wasn’t going to touch him. I could tell he was hurt but seriously? He wanted me to squeeze the fuck out of his hand? With the pain that I was in right now, I was liable to break his or any of the guys’ hands and I was not going to have that on my head. No thank you.

A nurse came and took me to a room. I was all by myself – and she said I would be for at least half an hour. Alex had some paperwork to fill out before he or Jack (especially Jack, apparently Jack had paperwork to fill out to, I had to remember to ask him about that.) or Rian or Zack could come back to me.

My doctor, Doctor. Addison Montgomery-Forbes, came back to check on me and make sure that I actually was in labor, “Hey Becca, how are you doing?”

I smiled at Dr. Montgomery. I loved her, she was originally supposed to be my doctor down at OSU but she pretty much flew up here, not to mention she was gorgeous! When I went for my last check up, Jack went with me and Alex and it took both me and Alex to hold Jack back, “It’s a lot of pain, but I’m just so excited – we both are, I just wish Alex could get back here already.”

“I bet he fills the same way, I saw him when I was coming back he was trying to argue with the receptionist on why the papers were so important,” She laughed. “Now, for the seriously business – Are you sure your water broke?”

I thought about it, “Well, we were all sitting in the living room eating, and there was this huge stabbing pain in my stomach. I’m pretty sure that there was something wet all over my legs when Rian and Zack helped me up.”

Dr. Montgomery smiled, I knew she was skeptical, “Well, Becca, you know that your are only, officially thirty-two weeks, meaning eight months.”

“I can give birth than?” There’s nothing wrong with eight months, is there?

Dr. Montgomery sound worried, but only slightly, “No, but lets go an ultrasound when Alex gets back here, okay?”

I nodded my head but then at the mention of Alex a question came to mind, “Dr. Montgomery, can I ask you something?”

She stopped on her way out the door, “Yes, what is it Becca?”

“I know contractions can cause I whole let of pain, and the typical thing to do is to squeeze a hand – could I possibly break Alex’s hand?”

Dr. Montgomery laughed as she thought about it, “Well, I suppose if you did squeezed hard enough you could.”

“Thank you!” I called as she walked away to grabbed the ultrasound machine. A few minutes later Alex walked in with Jack, Zack and Rian.

“Hey guys, did you finish your paperwork – Jack?” Directing the question towards him, he looked like a dear caught in the headlights.

Scratching the back of his neck, a clear sign of a guilty conscience when it comes to this man, he said, “Uh, yeah – did you know I have quite the reputation of being ‘disruptive, obnoxious, rude, a distraction, and a manwhore’ every where I go? I thought the last one was directed at Alex but the Head nurse was staring directly at me!”

I laughed – I was actually feeling pretty good. They had given my some very light drugs to control my contractions and I’m pretty sure it was making me kind of high too. Alex on the other hand still looked a little bit upset from earlier, “What’s wrong Allie-X?”

“Why won’t you hold my hand?” He stuck his hand out, palm up. I sighed and put my hand in his.

“When the contractions start again, I won’t hand you hand,” When it looked like he was going to argue, I shook my head. “I’m not going to break your hand. You hand no idea how badly those things hurt and if your hand is in mine, I’m pretty sure; you’ll be in a room next to mine.”

Alex just looked at me blankly and then Rian cleared his throat, I looked up over at him to see that Dr. Montgomery was back with the ultrasound machine and Jack’s tongue was hanging out like a dog on a hot summer’s day.

“I see the whole gang’s here today; hello Jack,” She said to Jack who was staring bluntly.

Alex turned his attention, but grabbed my hand and held it forcefully, he was determined that I wasn’t going to let go, no matter what, fine – it’s his hand – not mine.

“Let’s see how this baby looks, shall we?” Dr. Montgomery lifted up my shirt for me and slid the goo around my stomach with the thingy (I have no idea what that thing is called) and soon enough and image popped up on the screen.

“How is the baby looking Dr. Montgomery?” She didn’t speak for a few second, that didn’t make me worry. Nope, not at all, because I could hear and feel that little bundle moving inside of me this very instant – So I knew nothing was wrong.

Doctor Addison Montgomery-Forbes then turned around and with a strong face told me horrible news, “The baby is in distress – we need to get her out now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SO!
I know it's been awhile and I'm so god darn sorry!
But I promise I'll update more and more and more.
Because didn't I say I have big plans for this story?
If I didn't than - I DO!
<3