Sequel: Just a Dream
Status: Complete

Dreaming of You

Happiness at Last

The darkness was all she seen when she woke up, just like her coma.

This didn’t happen. She thought to herself. It was a dream. It wasn’t real. She tried to convince herself that Matt hadn’t been hit that he was fine and that everything was the way it should be.

“Alexis?” a voice said. Inwardly, she smiled at the voice, but physically she was too drained of energy. Alexis let her eyes flutter open, and seen her brother Ryan sitting next to her. She looked around and knew she was in a hospital.

“Lex, you’re awake.” Ryan said relieved. Alexis looked around, and started to sit straight up, but a pain in her chest prevented her from it. Confused, Alexis looked at Ryan like she hadn’t seen him in years.

“W-what’s going on? What happened?” she asked, dazed.

“You was shot sis.” Ryan said. “Both you and Tiffany was shot. Both in the chest.”

“N-no, I mean with Matt. He was hit by a car.” She said.

“Was I now?” a voice asked. Ryan turned around, allowing Alexis to see Matt standing in the doorway.

“If I was hit by a car,” he continued. “Why are you the one in bed and not me?”

“B-but,” Alexis stammered.

“I’m fine.” Matt reassured her.

“W-what about T-T…” she couldn’t say the name.

“Tiffany?” Matt asked. Alexis nodded.

“She’s perfectly fine. She woke up about an hour ago. She wasn’t as close to the shooter as you were. We’ve all been really worried about you.” he said. It took a minute for the news to sink into Alexis’s mind.

“She’s awake?” She asked, confused. “As in, she’s alive?”

“What, did you want her to die?” Ryan asked, concern in his eyes even though his voice was light.

“NO!” Alexis said quickly. “No, no…just no!” From the doorway there was a chuckle. Ryan and Alexis turned toward Matt, who was trying not to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Alexis asked. Ryan followed his gaze, which was looking in a back corner of the room. When his gaze fell on what Matt was looking at, he grinned and turned his head. Alexis turned and she felt her face heat up, then go cold and pale. Tiffany was lying in the bed beside her, staring at her. She was waiting for Alexis to notice her.

“How are you feeling since our brothers are to careless to ask you?” Tiffany asked. Alexis didn’t answer. She just stared at Tiffany, tears in her eyes.

“You’re alive.” she whispered. Without thinking, she stood up and rushed to the other bed, throwing her arms around the girl in the bed. Her best friend.

“I love you Tiffany.” Alexis whispered.

“I love you too Lexie.” Tiffany whispered back. Suddenly, a pain formed at Alexis’s chest. She looked and noticed the small circular scar, it was red and throbbing.

“I’m calling for a nurse.” Ryan warned. Alexis quickly left Tiffany’s bed and returned to her own. She just pulled the covers back over her when the nurse walked in. Alexis looked at
Tiffany, who was looking right back at her. Tiffany winked and glanced at Matt. Alexis turned and stared at him as well.

~Time Elapse: 4 years later~

“Tiffany, come on we’re going to be late!’ Matt shouted as he slammed the trunk of his car shut. He draped his arm around Alexis’s shoulders. She smiled and leaned into him.

“I’m coming!” Tiffany shouted.

“You ready for this?” Matt asked his fiancée.

“Let’s see, on the road with you, Tiffany and about eight other guys, wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Alexis replied. Matt laughed and kissed the top of her head.

“I’m here!” Tiffany shouted into her twin brother’s face. Matt sighed and pulled away from Alexis, opening the car door for her, then for Tiffany. As he climbed into the driver seat, looking at the house he was about to be leaving for months. Sighing, he settled himself behind the wheel. Alexis grabbed his right hand with her left one, the ring on her third finger glittering in the sunlight.

“I love you.” she said. Matt smiled and lifted her hand to his mouth, kissing the finger with the ring on it.

“Love you more.” he muttered.

"And I love both of you, now let’s get going!” Tiffany said from the backseat. Alexis laughed and shook her head.

“She’s your twin.” she said to Matt.

“She’s your soon-to-be-sister-in-law.” he reminded her.

“Only by choice.” Alexis said, smiling. Matt laughed and started the car. Pulling out of the driveway, he thought back to four years ago, when he nearly lost two of the most important women in his life. Alexis was thinking around the same time, just about something else. A nightmare where she lost everything. Her parents, her brother, her best friend and the love of her life. She looked at Matt the same time he looked at her. They were sure they had found a happy ending after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!! Matt wasn't hit at all..just a nightmare Alexis was having!!! That concludes this one-but don't fret. Don't morn or weep, because with each ending, there is a new...BEGINNING!!! Dreaming of You-The Sequel will be up. When, it could be within a few minutes, or in a week or even a month! *not that long, but you get the picture.* But it will be up soon. I hope my readers from this one stays with me for the next one. The new one is prewritten up to about the 2nd chapter, then all of it will be fresh!!! :D welp comments please and thank you!

see you in the sequel!!
Lizzy