You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 1 - Waking the fallen.

Image

I guess my story basically starts here, on March 10th, in Huntington Beach, California. In the Warner Bros studio..

“Look guys, I’m really trying all I can I swear, just don’t worry about it, leave it to me.” Josh said running a hand roughly through his hair.

“We already ‘left it to you’ Josh and where has that got us?! It’s 3 weeks before we leave for tour and you still haven't found us a support act!” Zacky half shouted angrily at their tour manager before getting up from his spot on the couch and pacing nervously, while the rest of Avenged sevenfold also glaring at the man angrily from their various spots around the cramped room.

“I promise, I really am trying, I’ve rung just about everyone I could think of but no one can help us out. I’ve still got a few contacts to call though so just think positive and stop stressing out.” The young man snapped back before picking up the papers from his desk and marching out of the room. Matt sighed in frustration,

“I really hope he gets his act together and finds someone, your heads on the line Sullivan!” He grumbled looking over at the tall man who was slouched over the table glaring right back at him defensively.

“Why is this my fault?!”

“You’re the one who convinced us to hire your 19 year old cousin as our tour manager!” Zacky exclaimed, joining into the bickering between Matt and Jimmy. Jimmy just rolled his eyes at both of them.

“He’s a decent guy, just give him a chance will you, he’ll sort it.”

Meanwhile, in the office next door, Josh was dialing the rest of the numbers on his list of contacts. He sighed angrily as yet another call was unsuccessful.

“..No it’s fine, I completely understand, it is such short notice after all.. thanks anyway.” He slammed the phone down, frustrated at his own stupidity. Only he could think that finding a support band could wait until after everything else. He looked at the next number, it was for a record label called ‘Bloodlust Label’. He’d heard of them before, they were pretty local. He dialed in the number and listened patiently to the ringing tone.

“Hello?” A friendly female voice drifted through the line. Josh took a deep breath,

“Hello, My name is Josh Sullivan and I’m Avenged Sevenfolds tour manager. This may sound completely ridiculous but they go on tour in 3 weeks time and we still don’t have a support band. You don’t happen to have or know of any bands that would be able to do that in such short notice would you?” Josh asked, desperately.

“Well Josh, it may be you’re lucky day!” The woman said with a smile in her voice. “We have one band, Idiotic Idols, they do the similar style of music to Avenged Sevenfold. Infact, I think the boys are one of their biggest influences. We’ve been looking for a tour to get them in on, I’m sure they'd be more than happy to do it even with the short notice. I’ll just give them a call and get right back to you.” She said politely, Josh could feel the hope rising like a bubble in his stomach.

“Okay, that’s fantastic, thank you so much, if I give you my contact details could you also send some band info on them and some of their songs?”

“Yeah no problem, I’ll send their file over right away.” Josh gave her his details before hanging up. He couldn’t help the smile that fell onto his face. He logged onto his laptop and went straight to his e-mail, where the woman from Bloodlust said she’d send the file to. As expected, there sat the file, waiting to be opened in his inbox. He opened the attachment and decided to listen to their tracks before reading their bio. He clicked play on the first track and a minute in was practically jumping for joy.

They were amazing.

He finished listening to the rest of the tracks and if anything they only got more amazing in each one. He opened the bio and quickly read over it. The band were called Idiotic Idols and consisted of 5 members. The singer was a girl called Charlotte and she was 23. The lead guitarist was called Frankie and he was 24, the rhythm guitarist was named Mark, he was 24 also. The bassists name was Jay, he was too 24 and finally, the drummers name was Jack and he was 25. He was a little worried with how the girl would cope with all these guys but he was sure a7x would be bringing along their girlfriends anyway. The phone ringing cut his victory dance short, he felt the butterflies in his stomach as he answered the phone.

“Hello, Josh Sullivan speaking.”

“Hi Josh, Its Molly again from Bloodlust, did you get a chance to listen to the tracks?”

“Yeah I did, they have serious talent Molly.” Josh replied honestly.

“I’m glad you feel that way, I spoke to the band and they said they’d love to, so if you just fax me over the tour details and dates, I think we have a deal mister.” She laughed, Josh was practically running around the room now in excitement.

“Yeah, that’s great, are they free next Monday? For a meeting with the guys? Just to run over things and so they get a chance to meet before they set off?” Josh asked, Molly agreed and said she’d make sure they kept the date free. After agreeing to email anymore details needed at a later date Josh hung up and almost tripped over himself whilst running to the room next door.

“GUYS!” He shouted at the five still aggravated guys in the room. “I found a band! And they’re seriously good.” I almost threw my laptop down on the table and started playing the tracks Molly had sent over. The guys stayed in silence until the last track ended. Matt let out a long breath,

“Well done kid, they’re amazing.” He finally exclaimed whilst patting Josh on the back. There was a murmur of agreement from the rest of them. Well except from Zack but that was hardly suprising, he’d been in a constant mood for a month now.

“Great.” Zack muttered after Josh went over their bio with the band, “Another girl, that’s just what we need.” Brian just rolled his eyes at the short guitarist before snapping,

“Stop being a jackass Zack. Just because Gena left you doesn’t mean you have to be a bitch to every girl we come across!” Josh rolled his eyes as the reason behind Zacks month long bad mood finally came out.

“Shut up you fuck face! Wait ‘till Michelle runs off with another guy then don’t come running to me for sympathy!” Zack shouted before storming out the room. Matt laughed humorlessly before leaning toward Josh slightly.

“Don’t let him ruin the mood Josh, you did a really good job.”

“Sooo…” Johnny smiled, “When do we get to meet our tour buddy’s for the next six months?”

“Next Monday, right here at 3.” Josh replied, writing it down on some paper so the band wouldn’t forget.

“Sounds good!” Jimmy smiled. “Hopefully this Charlotte chick will be hot, maybe she can distract Zack and drag his head from his ass.”

Josh laughed simply in response. “Yeah, maybe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is in General POV - The rest will be in Charlottes POV unless stated otherwise (:

Hope you liked it guyss (:

x