You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 14 - A Little Piece Of Heaven.

Image

Eventually, Matt came outside looking for us because in his words he thought ‘we’d eaten each other’. He took in our mud covered outfits and my smeared make up with a shocked expression. But that wasn’t what had shocked him. It was the fact that we were laughing and joking together that had him at a momentary loss for words. After getting over this though and after our brief explanation he jumped around like a child, happy that our feud was now over. We were then dragged inside to face the rest of the mob who were just as relieved and happy as Matt was, if not more. They even toasted us for the start of a ‘beautiful fucking friendship’ as Jimmy put it. And the rest of the party went on without anymore problems and a hell of a lot more partying and alcohol..

And that is why now, I’m suffering from the hangover from absolute hell.

I groaned, gripping my head gingerly as the pounding of my headache pierced through my skull. Still in my now dried, mud covered clothes I rolled over and out of the comfort of my hotel bed whilst glancing at the clock. 8am. Far too early to be awake in my opinion. I stumbled into the living room area, tugging my fingers through my extremely knotted hair as I did. I wasn’t surprised to see Leana already awake, reading through a magazine whilst casually sipping her coffee. She was never a sufferer of hangovers.

A gift I wish I also owned right now.

She looked over at me with a smirk on her face before getting up and helping me over to the couch.

“I’ll just go get you some Asprin..” She said kindly before entering her room in search of her suitcase, she moved almost silently as to not wake a still sleepy Jimmy up. In her absence, I thought back to last nights events. Most definitely the best birthday I’ve ever had, that’s for certain. Also the most dramatic one too, I laughed to myself slightly as I recalled mine and Zacks fight in the rain. Such a cliché argument that in some ways, I’m extremely glad happened. Me and Zack were friends now though that was something that I was actually nervous about experiencing.

What if I’ve got so used to the hate from him that friendship won’t come easily?

What if he wakes up this morning regretting the truce we made?

What if..

I was cut off from my pointless panicking as Leana placed a glass of water and asprin in my hand. I smiled gratefully back at her, swallowing the pills and downing the water in one.

“I’m just going to get a quick shower, are you going to be okay?” Leana asked, in a motherly tone. I rolled my eyes at her but couldn’t help the smile that fell onto my face.

“I’ll be fine.” I assured before she left for the bathroom. Silence filled the room again causing me to fall straight back into my thoughts. I was now anxious and eager for Zacky to wake up, wanting to see how things would play out. Realising that I was over thinking things far too much, I decided I needed a distraction. Getting ready would be a good idea but I couldn’t get ready until I had a shower which Leana was currently occupying one of. The other being an en suite to Zacks bedroom, which I suppose he wouldn’t mind me using now that we’re friends an all.. After pondering on this for a few moments, I tiptoed silently to his bedroom and opened his door and poked my head through.

I couldn’t help but smile to see him; he too was still in his mud covered clothing from last night as he lay face down on the mattress, his limbs all tangled up with the sheets. Figuring the coast was defiantly clear, I continued into his room, quietly shutting the door behind me. I was halfway to the bathroom when..

“Any reason why you’re in my room?” Zacks voice rang through the air causing me to jump and spin around so quickly that I fell to the ground. Automatically grabbing my still pounding head I peeked through my fingers at his amused expression.

Owwww.” I whined. “Was there any need for that?!” He merely laughed in response.

“I did nothing you dip shit. Not my fault you broke into my room without permission.” He replied smartly before rolling out of his bed and coming over to me pulling me to my feet. My eyes caught his and panic set through me as I noticed the intensity swimming through them. Straight away I feared the worst; that he still hated me. That was until he stepped closer to me and I almost jumped out of my skin as he pulled me into a bone crushing bear hug. I giggled as I buried my face in his chest.

“I hope you don’t regret the truce we made last night.” He whispered in my ear. Relief is an understatement. I was on top of the world.

“Of course I don’t.” I replied pulling away from the hug to look at him. He was smiling widely and I was surprised to feel a colony of butterflies erupt in my stomach. I ignored them. Surely it’s just because I’m not used to him smiling at me? I suddenly realised our eyes were still locked and averted mine almost immediately to the floor. I felt the familiar blush creep up to my cheeks and was silently cursing myself. I was embarrassed for being embarrassed. I glanced up at him slightly to see if he was still looking at me and was slightly relieved to see he too was looking down and he too was sporting the same blush. I racked my brain for something to say that would make this any less awkward.

“Um.. Shower!” Confusion was etched onto his face now at my sudden outburst and I was mentally kicking myself that that was the best I could come up with.

“Excuse me?” He asked.

“I was in your room because I wanted to use your shower.. Leana is using the other..” I stumbled, rubbing the back of my neck slightly. He smiled again and nodded slightly.

“That makes sense.. Well.. Don’t let me get in your way.” He replied whilst gesturing towards the bathroom. I smiled meekly in response and thanked him before turning to walk away.

“Wait.” Zack spoke softly, his hand found mine to pull me back. I froze as my skin burned where he touched. I remembered back to the first day of tour, when he helped me get my bag off the bus, when my skin also burnt from his touch. The only difference is this time I know for sure he felt it too. His eyes were locked on our connected hands and I saw him swallow hard.

Um..” He stuttered, clearly forgetting what he was meant to be saying. “I just wanted to say again, I’m really sorry for all I put you through and I’m really glad we’ve put it all behind us.” His eyes once again met mine and I saw nothing but honesty in the beautiful green orbs of his. I smiled lightly in reply.

“Me too.” I responded quietly before taking my hand from his. The burning quickly stopped but the butterflies were stronger than ever as I retreated to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and leant up against it, letting out the breath I didn’t know I was holding before sliding down the door and burying my head in my hands.

I sighed, pulling my fingers through my still knotted hair, nervously. Well, on one hand, I’m glad it wasn’t too awkward. Maybe friendship will come easily for us after all. But then again.. on the other hand..

What the hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so i'm sure you'd all thought i'd given up on this story? But i can 100 percent assure you that I havnt (:
The reason for such a very late update is unfortunatly, i lost my nan the end of November and i was very very close to her and that amongst other things just made it so i literally couldnt find the motivation to write. As much as I tried I just couldnt produce anything :( but I'm in a better place now and so I'm ready to carry on writing this story, cos I really do love and enjoy writing it (:

This ones just a filler and therefore its very short but it will start getting more interesting and longer again these next few chapters. I still have big ideas for this story and I cant wait for you guys to read them!

Also, since I havnt posted since before the tragic death of The Rev, I just want to say R.I.P to him. It truelly was the loss of an amazing man and he will always live on though all of us and our stories. He's going to be missed and I cant even begin to think how the rest of the band are coping. Of course Jimmy will stay in this story and any other A7X story I write in the future <3

I hope you liked this chapter, things will start heating up again soon :)

Comments and subscriptions please? They make me happy :)

Thanks bunches guys, again i'm really sorry for the lateness, but they will be coming out quicker now!

<3
xx