You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 6 - Beast and the Harlot.

Image

It’s now been exactly three weeks since that first gig. Not much has happened since then really, just a lot more gigs. Zack hadn’t spoken a word to me since then, he barely even looked at me and if he did, the anger and hate was still there but at least now he was trying to keep it in.

Today was our last day in the USA. Tonight we were getting a flight out to London to start the UK part of the tour. Luckily, we had a week off though before our first gig over there. I really, really needed a break; I never expected touring to wear me out so much. We were currently packing up all the stuff we were gonna need this week off of the tour bus. They would drive down and meet us there in a few days. I sighed in frustration when I couldn’t zip my suitcase up. The Avenged guys had already had all their tour bus packed up and were now in ours trying to help us. Jimmy noticed my struggling and ran over, doing a running jump and landed right on top of my case. I jumped back in shock and he giggled innocently.

“Sorry.” He laughed, “Should be easier to close now.” I tried again with the zip and I did manage to get it further along but again it stuck once I got half way.

“Zachary, get over here we need your help!” Jimmy sang annoyingly. I groaned inwardly, He just had to pick Zack didn’t he? Zack huffed but walked over anyway and shoved Jimmy over slightly to sit on the suitcase next to him. I pulled the zip and this time it closed fully.

“Thanks guys.” I mumbled as they got off of the case and I started to drag it off of the bus, Jimmy smiled in response and Zack just ignored the fact id even spoken.

As usual.

I piled my case and bags into one of the cars waiting to take us to the airport before deciding to go find Leana. We’d become quite close these past few weeks. I walked onto the Avenged Sevenfolds bus to find it deserted except for Brian who was just picking up his bag off of one of the tables. He turned and smiled at me,

“Hey, looking for someone?” He asked whilst throwing his bag onto his back.

“Yeah, Leana, have you seen her? I didn’t see her outside.” I replied confused, glancing out of the window again to clarify my statement.

“She’s just getting a quick shower, she’ll be out soon.” He answered, “Feel free to wait here for her, or if you want the rest of us are going the café down the road?” I contemplated my options and seeing as I’d already ate this morning I decided to stay and wait for Leana. Brian left and I heard the chatter outside fade as they all retreated down the street. Everything was silent for a few minutes until I heard the familiar voice of Zack getting closer to the bus.

“Okay, thank you, ill speak to you soon, bye.” I heard him say as he walked onto the bus, sliding his phone into his pocket as he did so.

“Guys?” He called, not noticing me on the couch.

“They’ve gone the café down the road.” I replied monotone, he jumped at my voice, his eyes widened in shock as they fell on me.

“Oh it’s you.” He snapped, his eyes now narrowed as he glared in my direction. “What are you doing on our bus?” I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for his childish anger.

“I’m waiting for Leana.” I replied calmly, gesturing slightly towards the closed bathroom door. He just continued to stare at me coldly for what felt like hours, so many different replys were obviously flashing through his mind.

“Whatever.” He spat finally, before turning to leave.

“Wait, Zack?” I called, instantly regretting it as he turned back to glare at me. I took a deep breath and stood up bravely before asking, “What the hell is your problem with me?!”

Zack stepped slightly closer to me and this scared me. He wouldn’t hurt me would he? No, of course he wouldn’t. Although, as much as I tried to convince myself of that. As soon as I looked into his eyes, I really wasn’t sure.

These weren’t the eyes of hate I’d grown used to, this was something else. Pure utter hatred that raised the hairs on the back of my neck and froze me in the spot I was stood in.

“Don’t play fucking dumb, Charlotte!” He practically roared, stepping closer, his face mere inches from mine. “You know damn well what my fucking problem with you is.” This floored me, was I supposed to know the reason behind his hatred? Cos I sure as hell didn’t. I went to reply but he had already turned on his heel and stormed off of the bus leaving me confused and slightly shaken by the encounter.

I didn’t end up waiting for Leana after that. I got off the bus, scared he might come back for more and got into one of the cars. Eventually everyone came back from the café including Zack, who looked like nothing had ever happened. The complete opposite to how I looked, curled up on one of the seats looking as if id seen a ghost. Leana got off of the bus and got into the car I was in, along with Jimmy. Everyone else piled into the rest of the cars and we set off. I was currently ignoring the worried glances I was getting from Leana and looking out the window silently.

“Are you okay?” She whispered so Jimmy couldn’t hear. “I heard shouting on the bus before, I’m guessing more trouble with Zack?” I just nodded in response to both her questions and she half hugged me.

“Just ignore him. He’s gotta pull his head out ass at some point.” I smiled at her in appreciation.

“Thanks Leana.”

We got to the airport and checked in and everything and were now all sitting around waiting for our flight to be boarding. Everyone was repeatedly asking me if I was okay and I’m sure I even caught Zack looking at me guiltily once. I didn’t need all their worry though, I was fine. I was so silent as I was racking through my brain thinking about everything id ever said to Zack and I still couldn’t figure out what he meant.

“Oh crap.” I muttered, realizing I’d forgot to call my mom. Everyone looked at me questioningly as I stood up, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

“I’m just gonna go call my mom guys.” I said, smiling reassuringly at the worried looks that were now driving me a bit insane. I walked over to some empty chairs where it was a bit quieter and dialed my mom’s number. It rung for a few seconds before her friendly voice drifted through the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Mom, it’s me Charlotte.” I smiled down the phone, glad to hear my mother’s voice. She too was obviously happy to hear from me,

“Oh Charlotte, it’s been a while, how are you? How’s the tour?”

“I’m okay mom, a little bit tired but we have a week off now so I’ll catch up on my sleep, we’re at the airport at the moment, off to London for the UK tour.” I said the excitement building at the thought of it. “How’s home anyway? Is Bens’s girlfriend still bugging you?” I asked laughing as I remembered her hate for my brothers’ new girlfriend. I heard her sigh over dramatically down the line.

“Oh god Charlotte it’s getting worse, she’s practically moved into the house, she leaves mess wherever she goes and she’s never polite or thankful for anything.” My Mom ranted down the line causing me to giggle. “Ben says you know this girl apparently. Well, that you know of her anyway.”

“Oh yeah?” I replied, twirling hair around my finger. Images of all the acquaintances I know of flashed through my mind. It could be any one of them, and I could really care less. “What’s her name?”

“Umm, oh god hang on honey let me think..” She replied, I laughed again slightly.

“Oh yes, I remember, it’s Gena. Gena Paulhus.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun dunnnnnn
Bet you didnt see that coming did you?!

Btw, just incase anyone thinks i have a problem with Gena, i really really really dont, im sure shes a lovely person in real life and i think her and Zacky make an awesome couple (:
But yeah, just wanted to clear that up (:
So what did you guys think of the little twist?
Comments annd subscriptions make me very happpy (:
Hope you liked it!
x