You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 7 - Tension.

Image

Have you ever had one of those moments where life slows down and you see different parts of your past fly to the centre of your mind and attach themselves together? Where everything falls into place like a slideshow inside your head?
Like you’ve just found the final piece to a puzzle you’ve been working on for years?
Yeah? Well i’ve just experienced all three in the matter of a second.

My brother, my stupid, stupid brother was the guy who stole Gena away from Zacky.

And he was blaming me for it?

“..Charlotte, Honey, are you still there?” My mothers confused voice came through the line, Id been so wrapped up in all this I’d completely forgot I was still on the phone.

“Yeah Mom, sorry, I have to go now though, I’ll talk to you soon, Love you, Bye.” I hung up and glanced over to everyone else, they’d all lost interest in watching over me now and were all laughing amongst themselves at something. Except Zack. Zack was looking over at me, his face clear of expression as his eyes met mine. I was angry, no, I was furious. How can you hate someone for something their siblings have done? Did he think I had any part in my brothers sick game?

I wanted to storm over and scream at him, ask him all these questions I was obsessing over in my mind but I was better than that. I was sick of playing these games with him, if he was going to hate me for something that was out of my hands then fine. I don’t care anymore.

As far as I’m concerned Zack Baker does not exist.

I eventually went back over to the group, forcing happiness into my mood and ignoring Zackys existence. An hour later and we’d all boarded the flight and were now just waiting for take off. Unfortunately, I’d pulled the short straw and had the ticket no one else wanted as it meant not sitting with any of them, but I didn’t mind, I liked meeting new people. A few minutes later and I felt someone sit in the seat next to me. I looked over and my breath caught in my throat slightly.

He was gorgeous.

He had short black hair and the most beautiful ice blue eyes. He caught me looking and smiled, I inwardly cringed as I felt the blush rise in my cheeks.

“Hello, I’m Chris.” He smiled, he had an amazing smile. He held out his hand and I shook it shyly.

“I’m Charlotte.” I replied, smiling back his infectious smile. I looked behind Chris and saw that Zack, Brian and Michelle were sat on the seats directly across the aisle from me and Chris. And Zack was glaring at us in disgust; he saw me looking and looked away and out the window, forcefully shoving his earphones in his ears.

Me and Chris talked a lot over the duration of the flight and I learnt a lot about him. He was 24 and was going over to London to see his parents who moved there a few years ago. He lived in Huntington Beach also and we both found it amusing how we only lived a few blocks from each other and we’d never met before. We talked about everything and anything and we had so much in common it was unreal. He was a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold and it took him a few minutes to calm down when I told him I was on tour with them and they were on this very plane.

The plane eventually landed in London and me and Chris were still in full conversation as we exited the plane. I giggled slightly as Leana and Michelle gave me thumbs up behind Chris’ back. Zack was still angrily looking in the opposite direction. We got our bags and I saw everyone start to walk to the exit of the airport, looking for the cars that were scheduled to pick us up. I sighed sadly as I realized that I had to leave Chris. He smiled at me shyly,

“Would it be possible if I could have your number?” He asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck. I was just about to pull my phone out of my pocket to exchange numbers when someone grabbed my arm roughly.

“Charlotte it’s time to go.” Zack stated, still expressionless. I sighed angrily,

“In a minute Zack.” I replied before smiling apologetically over at Chris and continued to try and get my phone but Zack still had my arm and he started dragging me away.

“No. Now,” He replied harshly. “Everyone’s waiting for you.” I looked back over at Chris and mouthed ‘sorry’ to him sadly as Zack continued to pull me to the exit. He just waved back in defeat, knowing we’d probably never see each other again.

No thanks to Zack.

As soon as he pulled me around the corner and out of view of Chris I swung around to face him, he automatically flinched and loosened the grip on my arm. I pulled it away from him angrily.

“I cannot believe you Zack! How dare you ruin that for me.” I spat at him, he looked back, blankly and it was frustrating not knowing what was running through his head. He dropped his head slightly, almost guiltily but his eyes didn’t meet mine so I couldn’t read it.

“I just.. I didn’t.. Ugh, I did you a favor Charlotte, He was no good for you.” He replied whilst throwing his arms up slightly to make a point.

“I appreciate the concern Zack.” I said sarcasm dripping from every word. “ But I can look after myself thank you very much.” He just rolled his eyes and sighed angrily.

“Everyone’s waiting for us.” He said, his voice returning to monotone. He turned and began to walk away and I stood for a few seconds, glaring at the back of his head before following him towards the car. I got into the last car there which had been waiting for me and Zack. Johnny and Lacey were in there waiting for us and I got in next to Zack slamming the door loudly behind me. Zack rolled his eyes and laughed mockingly.

“Something funny Baker?” I snapped. He just glared over at me coldly.

“Well yeah actually, there is. Do you know how pathetic you’re being right now? So you didn’t get his number, boo freaking hoo. Grow up Charlotte.” He spat at me, Johnny and Laceys eyebrows raised at us but I ignored them.

“Me grow up?! Me?! You’re the only childish one here Zack, how dare you be so hypocritical, I can’t fucking believe I ever idolised you.” I shouted back just as coldly. He let out a humourless laugh, his face turning slightly red in the anger he was obviously trying to contain.

“You don’t know anything about me Charlotte, don’t even bother judging me.” He said, eerily calm. This scared me more than if he’d have shouted it. The car slowed down and pulled to a stop outside the hotel but I hadn’t finished. Johnny and Lacey hurried out of the car but me and Zack didn’t move, just continued to glare at each other.

“I know enough Zack. You never even gave me a fucking chance, from the start you -“ I started but cut myself short, I didn’t want to bring up the Ben and Gena situation, I didn’t want to explain myself to him. If he chose to hate me then he can, I’m not going to try and change his mind. He sighed angrily,

“I don’t see you being any nicer to me either.” He replied and I just laughed back at him, rolling my eyes.

“I’m sick of it Zack! You’re ruining my tour experience for me and I just don't give a crap about you anymore.” I shouted, he looked away for a second and when he looked back I was surprised at the emotion showing very clearly through his eyes. Sadness?

He was upset at what I said?

I got out of the car without another word, dragging my bag with me. Angry at myself for feeling guilty over the words I said to him. I didn’t turn to see if he was following.

I could really care less.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slightly late update, I spent the weekend at my dads so I didnt have my laptop D:

This is basically the aftermath (:
I hope you liked it (:
Serious thankyous to everyone whos commenting and subscribing, its such a motivation to know people are liking it (:
Anyone willing to help out on making a banner?
Message me if you are!
Comment and subscribe please (:
x