You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 9 - Turn The Other Way.

Image

The next morning I woke up to the sound of banging and shouting outside my bedroom door. I squinted in the light slightly before half rolling out of bed and pulling a hoody over my t-shirt and jeans over my underwear. I was sharing a suite with Zack, Frankie, Kelly, Jimmy and Leana and I was straining my ears trying to listen to who’s voices I could hear. After failing to place a name to each voice I opened the door quietly, so I wouldn’t disturb whatever was going on.

The kitchen and living room area of the suite were a mess. Cushions had been thrown places they didn’t belong, there were smashed glasses and plates covering the floor and there was a broken light in the corner of the room. I felt fear bubble up in my stomach as I contemplated the reasons that could be behind this. I looked to the mass of arguing people in the middle of the room in shock and disbelief.

Zack was stood one side, shirtless and just in black boxers, his hair a scruffy mess on his head, blood dripping down his face and arms. He was screaming over at Frankie and Kelly and they were giving it all back. Frankie was holding Kelly back from attacking Zack anymore than she obviously already had. All of them were still in their pyjamas and I noticed Kellys hands were bleeding and figured she was they reason for the broken glasses and plates. Leana was hastily trying to clean up the mess these screaming people had left behind. No one had noticed me yet, stood still as a statue in the corner.

“You have no right to even think that stuff about Charlotte.” Kelly screamed, perking my ears up I decided to actually listen to what they were shouting about. “You don’t even know her!” Kelly picked up another plate, obviously ready to throw it and I decided to make it known I was here before she did.

“What the fuck is going on out here!?” I shouted, as loud as I possibly could. Everyone froze and looked over at me their eyes wide. I took a few steps into the room, anger clear on my face. Zacky looked away while Kelly pushed Frankie off and stormed over to me, clearly not happy.

“I’m so sick of him.. no sorry- IT over there thinking he’s amazing and can be a bitch about you all the time when you haven’t done anything wrong! He sat there this morning calling you all the names under the fucking sun Charlotte; I was just sticking up for you!” Kelly said. I rolled my eyes, of course this had to be my fault, didn’t it.

“Kelly..” I started, putting my hand on her shoulder. “I appreciate it, really, but there really was no need for all this.” I gestured angrily around the room. “I can fight my own battles; I don’t need anyone doing it for me.” I walked back into my room quickly, grabbing some cotton wool and walked back out filling two bowls with hot water.

“Zack, Kelly and Frankie, come here.” I barked, without turning around to see if they listened. I heard shuffling and turned, surprised to see they had and Zack had actually come with them. He looked extremely pissed off, his eyes burning the same hatred as usual, I wasn’t sure if this was aimed at me now though or Kelly.

“Frankie, use this and clean up Kelly’s’ hands and arms.” I handed him one of the bowls and cotton wool before grabbing the others. I was expecting Zack to protest when he realized I was planning on cleaning up his face but he remained silent, looking down angrily. I made him sit on one of the stools and dabbed the water on the cut on his forehead, he winced and recoiled a bit. I inwardly rolled my eyes and used my free hand to grab the back of his head and hold it still. He had his eyes clamped shut now in pain as I continued to clean the cut that went across half his forehead. There was a knock on the door and Jimmy went over to answer it. A furious Matt stormed in and pretty much everyone else followed behind him.

“What the hell has happened in here?! You’ve been screaming all morning and- “ He cut himself short as he looked over to the kitchen area where me, Zack, Frankie and Kelly were, covered in blood. His eyes widened. “Seriously, what the hell has gone on?” He asked, worry now clear in his voice. I looked over to Jimmy, not wanting to explain it myself. Jimmy nodded slightly and gave a brief version of this morning’s events to everybody. Almost as soon as he ended there was a slight shocked silence before they all started bickering between themselves. It seemed they all had different views on what went on, half seeming to take Zacks side and half Kellys.

“Guys..” I started, still looking at the cut and not over at them, they didn’t stop. “GUYS!” I shouted, they quietened and looked over at me, I stopped cleaning the cut for a second, seeing Zack peek through his closed eyes to see if it was over and groaning when he realized it wasn’t.

“Seriously, it’s sorted, just leave it please, I don’t want everyone falling out and ruining the tour for all of us. This isn’t your fight.. This is no ones fight. So please just get along.” I begged slightly. They all looked down guiltily and nodded in agreement. I smiled over at them.

“Now, what are the plans for today?” I asked, changing the subject.

“We’re going to do some shopping around London after breakfast, if you’re up for it.” Jay replied, still looking over at his blood covered friends in slight shock. I shrugged slightly,

“Sure why not.” We discussed times and they left for breakfast, taking Jimmy and Leana with them, leaving me, Zack, Frankie and Kelly in the worst awkward silence to ever have existed. I moved from the cut on Zacks forehead to the one on his cheek, which wasn’t as bad and didn’t take as long to clean. Frankie finished up cleaning Kellys arms and went to get ready, Kelly hesitated in the kitchen.

“Charlotte.. I’m really sorry for sticking my nose in, it was wrong, I should’ve spoke to you first before I did anything.” She apologized, Zack tensed up, probably because Kelly was so close.

“Don’t worry Kelly, I just don’t want to cause drama over nothing, but I understand why you did what you did and it’s okay” I accepted, moving to get some clean cotton wool.

“And Zack..” She started, Zack opened his eyes slightly to look at her. “I’m sorry for cutting you and all that.” She finished, looking down guiltily, he smiled thankfully in return.

“That’s okay, I kinda deserved it.” She smiled back and left to also go get ready.

“Wow, I think that’s the first time she’s ever apologized for anything.” I muttered to myself, Zack let out a little nervous laugh in response. I quickly got the cuts on his arms cleaned up and washed up the bowls so I could go get ready. I assumed Zack had already gone to his room so I jumped slightly when I turned to see him still sat in the chair. I shrugged it off and went to walk past him but he gripped my elbow lightly, keeping me in place.

“Um.. Thanks, for helping me and everything.” He murmured quietly. I looked at him for a moment, trying to study his face but again he hid everything from me. And it seriously frustrated me.

“Don’t worry about it.” I finally replied before skirting around him and straight into my room.

It took me about an hour to get ready and when I left the confines of my room I was surprised to find Frankie, Kelly and Zack already gone. I sighed, grabbing my bag before exiting the suite and heading for the elevators. I got down to the lobby and sure enough, everyone was waiting for me. They hadn’t noticed me as I slowly shuffled over to them.

“..could throw her a party?” I heard Jack finish saying, everyone agreeing with him and excitedly shouting out ideas for this party. I knew straight away what and who they were talking about.

“Don’t even think about it.” I said loudly, bringing attention to myself. Frankie rolled his eyes.

“Charlotte, it’s your birthday, stop being cranky and let us do this.” He snapped. He was right though, in 3 days time I turn 24. I was hoping to have a relaxing birthday but how could I have ever expected that with these guys as friends.

“As if you can even plan all that in 3 days anyway.” I ranted sceptically. Matt laughed at me and slung an arm over my shoulder.

“Do you not realize who you’re talking to? Trust us. We’ll do it and it’s gonna be fucking crazy too.” He puffed his chest out proudly and there was a chorus of cheers from everyone in response. I huffed in defeat.

“Fine. Plan your stupid party.”

With that we left the hotel and got into our awaiting cars. They took us to the centre of London. I was fascinated by just about everything here and as we got out of the cars I was practically dancing around in excitement. Unfortunately, my excitement was short lived as our ‘amazing’ disguises of hats and sun glasses failed and we were attacked by a swarm of fans. I was surprised that half of them were screaming for us and not just Avenged Sevenfold. Once I got over the shock though, we had a lot of fun meeting and talking with them all.

About an hour later, the crowd dispersed and we were able to set off to the shops. The girls wanted to get some new outfits and the guys wanted to get stuff for their planning of the party. I didn’t really want to do either; I was just happy being in London and being able to see around the place. We looked around for a few hours before Jimmy started whining about being hungry so we found a small café to eat in. I was just about to sit down when I heard someone shout my name behind me.

I at first assumed it was another fan but when I turned around I saw the familiar bright blue eyes.

“Chris!” I smiled as he reached over and pulled me into a hug. We chattered for a few minutes, I was in shock that I got my chance to see him again after Zack ruined it all last time and I was determined to not let him slip away again. Well, that was until I made the mistake of looking past Chris to the tables where my friends were situated. I saw Zack, staring right back at me. His eyes weren’t angry but they weren’t blank either. The emotion that was running through his eyes in that moment I couldn’t place. All I knew is it made my insides churn and goosebumps to erupt all over my skin. I pulled my eyes away from his to look back at Chris who was still talking away to me.

“So, do you fancy coming to get a coffee with me?” He asked, more confident now than the time at the airport. I tried to reply but my head was spinning, I could feel Zacks eyes still on me and I couldn’t resist the urge to look into them again. And as soon as I did, I felt the horribly intense feeling I always got from those beautiful green orbs.

And I found myself shaking my head, saying no to Chris.

Walking away from Chris.

And it wasn’t until I sat down at the table and saw the shocked Chris leave the café, obviously embarrassed, that I realized what I’d done. I’d just said no to an amazing guy, all because of Zack. And I tried to make sense of what happened in my head at that moment but I couldn’t. There was just something in his eyes, something that made me feel guilty for even talking to Chris. Something that made me walk away. And whatever that thing was, it scared the absolute hell out of me.

And I was now left sat at the over cramped table, fuming once again with the guitarist for ruining something that could’ve been incredibly special. I could’ve hit him at that moment but I knew that wouldn’t be right. It was my fault for looking into his eyes after knowing the intensity of them whilst they’d silently begged me to come back to the table.

And that’s the bit that confuses me the most..

I don’t even think he realized he was doing it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guysss, this ones just a filler chapter =/
So there wasnt really any major drama ahah, but dont worry, its the calm before the storm as the saying goes (:
Hope you liked it anyway (:
Comment and subscribe please! (: <3
Big BIG thanks to everyone who has already (:
xx