Status: Hoping to update rather quickly.

What More Are You Looking For?

The Seaweed Is Always Greener

ImageImageImage

I can’t change what I am. Even if I could, I’m not sure I would be all too willing. It’s not such a large burden, turning into a mermaid when I swim in the salty water of the sea. Now that I have reached my fifteenth year, my father has left me and I am to find a mate of my own. That is a lot harder then it may seem. There are very few sea people.

I pulled myself away from my thoughts and swam towards the dull sunlight at the surface. I quickly swam to the shore and sat myself onto of a large rock. I heard a strange grunting noise and looked towards the forest. A large russet color wolf and a slightly smaller wolf the color of sand ran out onto the beach, playfully tackling each other. I let out a slight gasp and the two large wolf heads turned to stare at me. I quickly ducked back down into the water and saw them run back into the forest.

A few moments later I heard to voices calling out from the beach. “Please come back!” “Who are you?” they yelled. I, being naturally curious, poked my eyes above the water and swan a bit closer. “We won’t hurt you.” said the older looking one. I could feel the honesty and compassion in his voice. The younger one, who looked to be about my age, stood starring at me. I couldn’t blame him though. I do have a tale.

I pulled myself back up on the rock and looked at the two boys approaching me carefully.

“Whoa.” said the older one holding his hand out to me. “Hello, I’m Jacob!” he smiled.

My father once told me that humans shook hands, but these two were clearly not humans. I gave the boy my hand and he took it in his own, shaking it. He looked over his shoulder to the boy who was starring at me intently. “Dude, introduce yourself.” Jacob whispered.

“Uh, H-hey. I’m S-Seth.” He choked, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

I smiled and tried to clear my throat. I had not spoken since my seventh year. “Hello, I’m Juliet.” I said hoarsely.

“Juliet, what a nice name, Dr. Cullen’s going to have so many questions for you! I mean, like, we never guessed mermaids exist. We know vampires do and well, we’re shape shifters, or werewolves if you’d prefer.

I tried to be polite and listen to the boy named Jacob, but Seth’s eyes caught mine and I couldn’t look away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. I would really love feedback to know if I should continue.