Status: Hoping to update rather quickly.

What More Are You Looking For?

In Somebody Else's Lake

As I stared into Seth’s eyes, I tried to ignore the sea horses racing in my stomach. I just could not look away. It was as if the whole world stopped and it was just us two. I heard Jacob clear his throat and I averted my attention to him.

When I noticed he was staring at my tail, I gasped and looked down. The sun had decided to show and dry my scales. Soon I was left with a pair of legs that I had not seen since my seventh year. Luckily my seaweed skirt was unaffected by the change.

The two boys, well men rather, were gazing in awe at my lack of a tail. I coughed and looked away. Boy was this awfully awkward.

It was Jacob who spoke first. “Well, Okay I wasn’t expecting that.” He laughed.

“When our tails dry, we receive our land legs.” I explained softly. “Is that not how you two turn into wolves?”

The boys seemed shocked and finally Seth spoke up. “Not exactly. We can shift whenever we like.” Oh how lovely his voice was! Music to my ears.

I struggled to stand on my rock and walk over to the boys on the sand. As I stumbled Seth somehow managed to catch me. “Thank you.” I murmured as I once again managed to get lost in his beautiful dark eyes. He nodded and helped steady me. “I am so very sorry. I have not walked on the land since my seventh year.” I explained.

“Hey no worries!” Jacob smiled his bright grin. All of a sudden the skies opened up and it began to storm. “Hey, do you have a place to stay?”

“I suppose I do not.” I said thoughtfully. I had not thought about that.

“Well you can come hang out at our pack leaders house while we get you all set, yeah?” Seth said from beside me. I almost jumped at how husky his voice was. I could practically feel his breath on my neck. His warmth was a wonderful contrast to the cold rain around us.

“Sounds lovely.” I smiled. As I walked with Jacob and Seth through the forest I could not help but stare at the new sights. It had been eight years since I had been on land. I had not seen a single house in the longest time. I tried to run through everything I knew about the walking world so I would seem somewhat intelligent to Seth and his pack.

I stopped when I saw a beautiful, cozy looking house in front of me. I shivered as the rain continued to fall around me. Jacob bounded into the house and I heard numerous greetings from inside.

Me knees felt weak as Seth came up behind me and ran his hands up and down my arms to warm me.

“You ready? They will love you I promise.” He smiled. Oh how I could love that smile.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I suppose it was now or never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhkay So I haven't written anything in the looonngggest time. Hopefully this means im back? If I get good comments and what not. <3 sorry for the wait. And I hope you guys don't hate this chapter as much as I do.