I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

The Sharpest Lives

“What do you guys want to do? Do you even want to do anything?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Sid replied.

Mikey gave her a sideways glance and Gerard just seemed really preoccupied.

“Oh, I know! Let’s go rent some movies! I need to watch Audition again. It’s so terrible, it’s excellent. How ‘bout it, babe?” I grabbed Gerard’s hand and pulled him over to me. hoping to snap him out of his reverie.

“Huh? What do you need, sugar?”

“Bad Japanese movies. That’s what I need.”

“That sounds good to us.” Sid said, without even looking back at Mikey.

Mikey raised his arm and pointed his finger into the air towards the door, “We’re off to Blockbusters then.” Mikey mocked strangely, noticing Sid’s new found enthusiasm.

“Cool.” I shoved Gerard out of the booth and he helped me out of the booth and into a friendly hug. “We’ll meet you guys at the car, I’m gonna pay.”

Sid and Mikey left.

“Watcha been thinking about, babe? You’re way out of it.”

“Yeah, I know. Sorry. It’s just... the band. It has to happen. Today was just a realization of how bad I want this. The band is going to make it. But, one, I need you with me, and two, we need Frank with us.”

A second past as we walked out of the restaurant door.

“You will make it. And, I’ll be right there with you. Always.”

“Thank you.” He pulled me into a kiss.

“Aahhh! My eyes! They burn!” Mikey squealed with disgust from the car.

I looked up and saw Mikey stumbling against and around the car, holding his eyes.

“Shut up, Mikey!” Sid reprimanded, playfully.

Gerard didn’t seem to notice, he was just staring at me.

“Your eye looks better.” He pointed out.

“Kisses make it all better!” I commented.

We drove over to Blockbuster’s Rental and got a half dozen subtitled movies. Upon arriving at my apartment, we pulled out a bunch of pillows and blankets and made ourselves comfortable in front of the screen.

I popped in Audition, which is about a young actress who auditions for a part, but doesn’t make it, so she finds the proctor who led the auditions and, basically, tortures and kills him. The movie started to get really scary, so, since I knew almost all the scenes to Audition I began to talk out loud to myself to make Sid less scared.

“Okay, It’s gonna get really scary. But we’re going to watch. We are going to watch! Yes, yes, we are.” I started reciting, trying to convince Sid, as well as myself.

“Ah! No we’re not!” Sid declared covering her eyes with a blanket.

“No we’re not!” I agreed, doing the same.
Image
Mikey and Gerard were just laughing hysterically at us, not helping the situation one little bit.

Out of habit I mouthed the line, which freaked Sid out because we were both under the blanket and it was dark.

“Why did you DO that?!” She whispered loudly laughing so hard, she could barely catch her breath.

“I’m sorry!” I apologized, also laughing, “Okay that’s it!” I stood up and started acting out the parts of the scene that I knew, trying a new technique to not be scared.

We were all laughing so hard it actually seemed scarier than it was. Yes, scarier, and, yes, I know that doesn’t make any sense, but it happened.

Mikey got up and started to do the same. Me and him were all over the place. Crawling on the floor, over the counter in the kitchen, behind the couch, everywhere, just scaring the shit out of Sid and Gerard.

About an hour later I was sprawled over Gerard and SId on the couch and Mikey was on the floor grasping Sid’s leg. We caught our breath and our laughing finally subsided.

“Fuck,... I’m tired.” Mikey huffed out, pulling himself up to a sitting position and laying his head on Sid’s lap.

“Yeah, me too. What time is it?” I concurred, curling up in Gerard’s lap.

“Two-thirty. AM.” Gerard told me.

“Well, do you guys need to go home? Not that I don’t want you here.”

“Um, yeah. I need to go home.” Sid replied.

“Yeah, I guess.” Mikey consented.

I looked up at Gerard asking him the same question. He wrinkled his brow and shook his head “no” in an "of course not" kind of way.

“Well let me give you guys a ride.” I offered, yawning, suddenly feeling extremely tired.

“Okay.” Mikey said, weary and wilted.

“Now, the only obstacle is getting up.” I reflected.

“Yeah. Dontcha hate that part?” Sid asked sarcastically.

“Uuhh... I can’t move.” I reiterated.

“Me neither.” Mikey made known.

“Ah, fuck it, can we just sleep here?” Sid asked.

“Of course,” I yawned out, “There’s a bed down the hall if any of you get a sudden spurt of energy and can move.”

Sid and Mikey eventually gathered enough energy to move to the guest room, but Gerard just stretched out on the couch and I draped myself over him and we fell asleep.

That morning I was sore and wouldn’t comply when Gerard told me to get off him.

“No.” I said, “I can barely move.”

“I’m this close to pushing you off, babe.”

“Shut up.”

“You shut up.”

“No, you.” I slide my hands under and around his chest, so he couldn’t push me off, and latched on to his neck.

“No! No hickies. They make fun at me at work!”

I just hugged him tighter and tried harder, starting to use my teeth.

“Ah-ha! Cut it out. Fuckin’... You’re really gonna get it. Ow! That fuckin’ hurts, now. Okay... Now you’re gonna get it!”

He rolled over and fell on top of me on the floor.

“Uuhh,” I groaned, finally detaching myself. I took a look at my work, “Sweet, I think that’s the best one yet!” I looked at Gerard, “You know what? Purple is definitely your shade. Yep that’s definitely not... coming... off... for a while, why are you looking at me like that?”

He raised an eyebrow at me.

“No. No! Gerard don’t, please!”

But he did it anyway. He started tickling me and giving me a hickie at the same time.

“Noo-o-o! It was just a love bite, baby! A sign of my affection.” I was snorting with laughter, “You fucking vampire! Stooo-o-op! It TICKLES!!!” I squealed, "You don't get to do what I get to do! Duh! Aaahhh!! Stop!"

I tried to crawl away but he grabbed my hips and dragged me back and pulled me close to him by my neck and latched on to the other side. All I could do was scream and kick my legs, but the more I did either he would reach down and tickle my tummy and thighs.

“God, your screeching could wake the dead.” He claimed, finally letting go of me.

I crawled away as fast as I could looking back at him. When I stumbled to my feet, I was met by Mikey standing in the doorway. He was cleaning his glasses with his shirt and I frantically adjusted my pants that had come down slightly in the skirmish.

“Good morning.” I casually greeted him.

“I’m never staying here again.” He concluded shaking his head walking past me into the kitchen.

“Hey...” I trailed to Mikey.

I furrowed my brow at Gerard who just shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t look at me, it was your fault.”

I threw a pillow at him, then walked over to him sitting in the floor. I straddled him and sat down on the floor between his bent knees. I laid my head on his chest, in Mikey’s direction.

“What do you want for breakfast?” I asked Mikey, hoping to change his mind about my place.

“I was just kidding.” Mikey responded.

“She makes bomb waffles, Mike.”

“Really?” His eyes lit up, “Waffles?! Woo hoo!”

Sid came out pulling her hair into two braids.

“It takes so little...” She conveyed about what it takes to make him happy.

“Good morning, starshine.” I greeted her.

“Yes, I’ll agree that it is morning. You're eye looks better, though.”

"Thanks." I had almost forgotten.

“Not a morning person like you and me, babe.” Gerard whispered into my ear, but then he licked it making me hit him.

“Hey! Waffles make everyone happy! Even you, you black soul!” Mikey defended himself to Sid, showing how slow his mind is in the morning.

“Aww! You think I’m a black soul?! Thank you Mikey!” She finished her braids and walked over to Mikey to give him a kiss of approval and gratitude.

She had a funny sense of humor, just like me, and that’s why I liked her so much, still do.

Waffles were concocted, then quickly consumed, and then I dropped the Ways at their house in order for Gerard to get ready for work and Mikey to catch up on his precious, precious sleep. I drove Sid to her mom’s house so she could take a quick shower, but then be right back to our evil girly devices before Jesse’s show.